New GT owner!!!

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Hey guys,

I've been a member on this forum for a long time but just finally bought a GT. I am beyond stoked!!!! It's a 2006 Tungsten GT with silver stripes, all 4 options. It also has a Hennessey HP700 package already installed. Just loaded onto a hauler today and on its way to me. I might die of excitement waiting!! :lol

I've had a ton of fast cars, but am really looking forward to experiencing the GT. In the last few years, I had a C6 Z06 with heads, cam, suspension, etc. which put down just shy of 600rwhp and an '06 Viper Coupe with a Paxton putting down 704rwhp. Basically, I know how to respect power and the GT will get the respect she is owed!

I look forward to talking with all of you and hopefully meeting many other GT owners as well!!!

Christian

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Congrats and welcome to the fold. You will find yourself staring at the car for hours once it arrives.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Welcome. Photos are always a plus. You have foumd the best car forum on earth!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Watch the rubber. The original tires are hockey pucks. 10 year old original tires are harder than concrete. Get some new Bridgestones and be happy. :)

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

If you have the time, consider coming to Rally X in Dearborn at the end of August - you would love it!

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Congrats Z06c!!! Drove mine home from work today, it never gets old, even after 7 years! :thumbsup

Last edited:

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Congrats and welcome to the fold. You will find yourself staring at the car for hours once it arrives.

I swear I have been thinking the same thing. With my Vipers, i always thought the coolest thing was to wash them...to really trace all the body lines and to see how crazy the proportions were. I think with the GT it's even more than that. I think just staring at the car will do it to me. LOL

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Welcome. Photos are always a plus. You have foumd the best car forum on earth!

Definitely! I will get some pictures asap.

Watch the rubber. The original tires are hockey pucks. 10 year old original tires are harder than concrete. Get some new Bridgestones and be happy. :)

Solid point! I have been thinking of getting a set of HREs or ADV1s anyway and just keeping the BBS rims/original tires on the side.

Welcome Aboard!! :thumbsup

THANKS MAN!!!

If you have the time, consider coming to Rally X in Dearborn at the end of August - you would love it!

I would love to...I'll have to look at the calendar and see what I can do. Looks super fun.

Congrats Z06c!!! Drove mine home from work today, it never gets old, even after 7 years! :thumbsup

Thanks man! I can't wait to drive mine to work sometimes too...should make the day's worries melt away in a second!

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Welcome!
Enjoy.
Get new tires and some seat time before depressing the right pedal.
Best.
Mark

Planecrazy232

GT Owner
Nov 28, 2012
Cape Coral, FL
Great color!! Congrats!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations and Welcome to our crazy little world of Ford GT's. Get ready to just sit in your garage and stare at it.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Welcome ! You will never get over how truly wonderful this car is ! Enjoy !! Come join rally us at rally 10 ! Go read up on how much fun the rallies are!
Here is my recommendations.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/19880-For-the-newbies?highlight=newbies

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Congratulations. ENJOY IT!

ben

Fyr-FtrGT

GT Owner, BofD
Mark IV Lifetime
May 28, 2006
Walnut Creek, California
Welcome Christian to the Ford GT Forum, a great site run by Ford GT affecianados. I am next to you in Walnut Creek with a couple of these great cars. If you need any info I can probably point you in the right direction. Gary Tryhorn 925 944-0123.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats. Looking forward to meeting you in hopefully the near future.

Vince H

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Welcome to the gang. You will love this car and get appreciation to boot, hopefully. Let the "search engine" be your friend responses is from the original membership I believe (heheeeeee?).

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Congrats and all the best. Glad to see you chose the fastest color to match your GT's killer powertrain! Be careful out there, Marty

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Thanks Marty! I didn't know for sure if this was the fastest color...but you've confirmed it now! HAHA

Christian

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
I tried a couple of days ago to post a reply that quoted all of the posts above but it got kicked back to me and said a moderator would have to approve it. So here goes again, LOL:

Mark: good call man. I might look into new tires right away...actually thinking about a set of HREs or ADV1s so that might solve that issue!

Thanks Plane!!

Thamon: I was literally thinking the same thing...i just know I will be in the garage staring at her all next weekend when she arrives!!!!

Roket: Great link and a ton of good info in there! I am still trying to see if the Rally is possible with schedules!!

Ben: Thanks man!

Gary: That is AWESOME to hear that you are right over in WC! I definitely want to meet up! Are you going to cars and coffee on the 2nd at Blackhawk? I told my shipper that the GT absolutely HAS to be here in time for a full 2-day detail and to allow me to get her to cars and coffee! LOL

Vince: Thanks and me too buddy!

Rick: I promise not to ask any dumb questions but will do my DD with the search function first, always!

So happy to be part of the Forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Christian

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Sorry about that Christian. Try quoting this post.