2006 No Option Yellow

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
2006 Yellow NO OPTION GT. For those of you that went to the first rally, here is the perfect return. This is the 1592 yellow car that a lot of us took pictures of that was in the building process at the factory. It is a one-of-one car and one of the holy grails, the ONLY no-option yellow GT for 2005 AND 2006.

Back in the days when Quickdraw was on the forum we were communicating about cars and there were indications that the Sonic Blue and the 1592 Yellow were the only unique (1-of-1) GTs of the entire run. I'm not sure if that still holds true with all of the option possibilities, but it may.

With approximately 160 miles (driven to one Barrett-Jackson dinner), the car is basically flawless and new (one small 1/4 inch bumper scratch that I did - crap). The original owner (I bought the car in January of 2007 with 71 miles on the clock) took off the side stripes to paint the car (which did not happen). The car has been titled in Arizona, but never plated.

475K.

Attachments

• IMGP1395 (Large).JPG
    IMGP1395 (Large).JPG
    101 KB · Views: 1,902
  • DSCN0053.jpg
    DSCN0053.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 1,792
Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wow

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
That seems pretty high - but I hope you get it!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Wow[/QUOTE
+1 with Doc

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
+1 Absolutely spectacular find. Beautiful!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Love that car!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I thought maybe the first "wow" or two had more to do with the price... maybe not. Regardless, gorgeous car.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Very very special car. That yellow really pops.

Best of luck with the sale.

However, I know of at least one other 1 of 1 no option FGT.

Or one option if you count the 97D stripe delete as an option.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
Very cool and good luck with your sale. I believe that there were 10 yellow top stripe delete GT's total for 05 and 06 . 8 were in 05 and only 2 in 06. I have the other yellow top stripe delete 06 but mine has optional wheels and Mac. The pictures do not due it justice as I am sure it is stunning in person.

Dominic

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Very cool and good luck with your sale. I believe that there were 10 yellow top stripe delete GT's total for 05 and 06 . 8 were in 05 and only 2 in 06. I have the other yellow top stripe delete 06 but mine has optional wheels and Mac. The pictures do not due it justice as I am sure it is stunning in person.

Dominic

Thanks Dominic.

No strip cars are interesting. I almost bought a white for my first car with no strips (the one that Bony ended up buying), but ended up buying one with stripes instead.

I was having doubts about no stripes, but after making the deal over the phone and then walking into the dealership and seeing the car, it was "Oh yes" for the white and blue. Over the years I have seen all of the colors without strips and I may be biased, but the yellow just looks amazing and I think is the best color to be naked (ah, naked yellow - good concept for the car).

When I bought the yellow car I was looking for a second GT (I am keeping my first), and had a new red and white (this was 2006) lined up for a great price, but once I saw the yellow and realized how great it looked and how uncommon it was (I knew then it was rare), it was a no brainer.

I like your numbers, 10 no strip cars out of 4038. I'd say those are pretty rare. :)

What I really like with the no-option is not having the dumb-a** speaker between the seats, especially since I never listen to the radio when I drive (I listen to the car, that's why I am driving it).

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.

Dominic
This was on display at Carlisle and looked amazing.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
My 2 option yellow 2006 is also a 1 of 1 for both years according to the powers that be. I'm just bringing it up because it seems relevant here.
That car (no stripe in thread) is beautiful and of course anyone would be proud to have it.
When I inquired about my car I had no clue but that's what they told me.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
That seems pretty high - but I hope you get it!!

Thanks

I didn't see your response earlier.

Look at what the Heritage Gts have brought at auction. Keep that in mind that they are a "limited edition" of 300 plus. If a clown car (and I have always said that affectingly - and yes, I would own one) can bring in the low to mid 4s, what is a unique car worth?

I think it has to be worth at least a Heritage and probably more. Again, I am biased, but a Heritage versus this yellow? No question.

I am a two GT owner (first in 2005, and second in 2007), and see some of the cars and values differently in terms of desirability. In all things desirable / rare, there are always items that within that group that are even more desirable / rare. I would put the yellow car(s) in the second group.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
It didn't post for quite some time - strange. That said, I'm also a 2 GT owner, with my Yellow/ Black being a 4-option car, with delivery only miles (21.6). It's got all the stickers on the windows (6 of them), the sills are still protected by the original blue plastic film, with the steering wheel/ seats in the original plastic wrap and the hang tags still on the shifter. Basically it's the same as it came from Ford without the PDI. It has the original title with it and has never been registered.

I wish it were worth what a Heritage is - but I'm not fooling myself. I think it could bring just under 400K, maybe, if the stars were aligned, the wind coming from behind, and the right buyer having consumed the right amount of alcohol while this car was on the block. LOL

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
This is the holy grail car in my opinion, I believe the car could fetch a half mill with the right marketing, unbelievable!

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
It didn't post for quite some time - strange. \

I've seen that in this thread. Older posts have come in later. Yep, strange.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FWIW, they pop up slightly later because you have to be subscribed to post in this section.

Usually every day the posts get manually moderated so people don't register just to say "Yeah, I'm just posting for a friend, car for sale, asking $450,000 or best offer call Billy at 867-5309" while not having to pay the menial fee to do so.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Billy finally hooked up with Jenny, I guess.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
FWIW, they pop up slightly later because you have to be subscribed to post in this section,

Good info.

Hey - long time. Good to hear from you.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I went back into information I had, and this was from a January 2007 correspondence regarding no-option cars. There are some single cars in 2005 and 2006 (like the midnight blue), but the yellow is the only no-option car for both 2005 and 2006. There were a total of 17 "no option" cars that were reported to me:

(1) 2005 Midnight Blue, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(2) 2005 White, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(5) 2006 Black, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(1) 2006 Midnight Blue, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(5) 2006 Tungsten Silver, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(2) 2006 White, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers

(1) 2006 Yellow, Side Stripes Only, Standard Radio, Standard Cast Wheels, Black calipers