30th Annual NorCal Shelby Club Mini Nats

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
[h=2]I received this from the SAAC Nor-Cal Club today - If interested, it is open to GTs.

Please join us for the 30th Annual NorCal Shelby Club Mini Nats August 7th, 8th & 9th at Sonoma Raceway.

This milestone event also features the 2015 Team Shelby Nationals and will celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the original Shelby GT350 Mustang.

Our 30th Mini Nats features:

• Three days of open track – Friday we will run the NASCAR configuration and then revert to the traditional full road course for Saturday and Sunday
• Drag Racing Friday afternoon
• Car Show Friday morning in the paddock
• BBQ at the track Friday evening
• Wine country cruise Saturday afternoon
• Saturday evening banquet with a special presentation by the original “ Venice Crew” - Peter Brock, Chuck Cantwell, Ted Sutton, Jerry Schwarz, Bernie Kretchmar, and others
• Carroll’s grandson, Aaron Shelby, will be with us all weekend
• Shelby American, along with their 2015 Shelby Super Snake display, will reveal a new, very special 50th Anniversary vehicle to the public for the first time Friday evening
• Ford Motor Co. and Ford Performance will have their brand new Ford Shelby GT350R on display
• DenBeste Motorsports, the Cobra Experience Museum, Carroll Shelby’s Store and others will also be on hand with a wide variety of the Shelby products and vehicles
• Jim Marietta will have his two GT350R re-creations (constructed by the Venice Crew in Pete Brock’s shop to commemorate the GT350R’s 50th birthday) on display and on the track
• Noted automotive journalist and drag racer Evan Smith will be on hand, putting the 2015 Shelby Super Snake thru its paces on the drag strip

For more details and to register, please go to http://www.norcal-saac.org/mininats[/h]

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Bummer, we are going out of town for a family wedding that weekend!

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
I'll be there Friday only. Want to do the drags. Who else is going?

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's funny the drags have no sound limit but the road track does. I will be out of town otherwise i usually attend. Plus my GT won't pass sound & it's in Michigan. Whoever goes please post photos!

Ed