May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
That was fantastic, thanks Dave!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Great video. Hard to believe it was over 10 years ago.
I have never experienced the same excitement about a car as I did when Ford announced the GT.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
awesome vid~~~

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Very cool and does bring back a ton of memories! (Although I could do without the Aston Martin shirts)

I looked for myself in the audience at Beyoncé's concert at the Centennial. No joy. I was there and talked with Kip.

We have many dedicated Ford (and Roush) employees to thank for our milestone cars!

Rally X will be special.

Thanks Dave for keeping the ownership experience like nothing else.:thumbsup

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
That was great, the cars really are rock stars.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
DBK - I truly missed your post of this on the Forum. Kudo's to you for finding it and sharing it with all of us.

I spent the last 5 days at the race track for our 28th Annual Pacific NW Historic vintage race event. Still tired and a bit groggy from that and Facebook updates came in faster than the Forum postings. Feel free to delete my post.

btw - Tommy Kendall was our Guest Host for this years vintage event. Truly a nice guy. Had an interesting tale of doing some promo work for Ford in a 2004 prototype in South Beach in 2004. He asked a nice looking young lady, randomly chosen from across the street where they were shooting pictures, to pose with him for some photo's. Nearing the end of the shoot they did some pictures with the 2 of them in the GT. He asked her if she wanted to go for a ride. So of course she said yes. He did a block long smokey burn out and then took off for a ride. When he finally returned - the Ford handler was livid. As his boss had told him that Ford employee must accompany the car at all times! Tommy said he was lucky that he returned when he did, as the Ford guy said something about having thought about requesting an APB from the local police department for a stolen vehicle.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
My first ever post on this forum was about trying to get a copy of this video. I caught a bunch of flack from someone who ranted about how terrible it is to bootleg a dvd and how it takes profit away from legitimate operations etc etc etc. "what a bunch of buttholes on this forum" I thought. i was subsequently advised that this same guy was making and selling copies of Ford Racing Performance accessories........

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'd love to actually buy this DVD and have it in legit quality but I have never been able to find it, and I couldn't even tell you the last time it was on TV. Been off the Discovery web store for many years. Several rips of it popped up on YouTube in the last couple months, and I doubt they get taken down given that it's otherwise unavailable at this point.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
WOW - remember it all. What a rainy weekend.... we purchased tons of bark to spread every where to keep the WHQ grounds dry.

If I recall correctly , we had to cancel the "Destiny's Child "(Beyoncé) concert and the "Earth Wind and Fire " concerts.
The "Toby Keith" concert however went on as planned !

Hard to believe that was 12 years ago.
Rally 10 will sure bring back some memories .
andy (ajb)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks for sharing - great movie!

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I too: Thank you very much for posting this, I had been trying to find it for awhile.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Although the development of Phoenix was kept so confidential, I would hope/assume they captured quite a bit of video of the development process with enough footage to make a documentary.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'd love to actually buy this DVD and have it in legit quality but I have never been able to find it, and I couldn't even tell you the last time it was on TV. Been off the Discovery web store for many years. Several rips of it popped up on YouTube in the last couple months, and I doubt they get taken down given that it's otherwise unavailable at this point.

I got mine from Netflix and then burnt a copy, but that was some years ago, so I don't know if they still offer it

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Dave burn me a copy please!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
It would be nice to find a 1080p version to save for posterity. Hate to see this disappear like the Jay Leno's Garage vid of his GT.

Favorite quote...Fred Goodnow - "We had to hurry Camilo along." :lol

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I think I have an original DVD of this. On a plane now but I'll check when I get home.

Also, don't forget the "Behind the Headlights" show about the original GT, with featured footage of the new (our) GT at the Centennial at the end of the show. That series offered some brilliant classic car coverage (written by longtime car writer Ken Gross). Still not sure why the series only lasted one season but I recorded the episode on the GT40 and burned it to my hard drive. Interviews with Shelby, Phil Remington, Dan Gurney, David E. Davis Jr., John Clinard, Edsel Ford, all telling great stories about the original saga of putting the program together and finally beating Ferrari.

I've also got several other videos of the 2005-2006 car from Edmunds coverage when I was Editor in Chief there, plus the owner's DVD and of course the Super Bowl commercial. I've been meaning to compile a DVD of all of these cool videos on a single disc for years. Maybe a good project to do before Rally X and bring some copies...

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I agree, if we could put all of the videos on one dvd and even sell it to the club members it would be a good thing! (if not a great thing lol)

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Enzo, let me know if you do that. I was going to burn some "rebuilding" dvds but if you put everything on one, it will save me the bother!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I would be interested in purchasing a copy also.