6 Hours at the Glen

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Conclusion on IMSA.com on right now. Wet and wild race. Joey Hand in the CGR Ecoboost made a crazy spin trying to avoid the just-crashed leading Corvette DP and is in 1st right now, but who knows what's gonna happen with the damage he has from knicking the CDP. Full course caution with 40 some minutes left. They may win just by staying running.

Watch at:

http://www.imsa.com/camera/imsatv

11698907_10153315293383820_1766623334767399584_o.jpg

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Saw some of the race. Smart pit move put Pruett in front, and he was doing a good job of staying in front of 3 Vettes when I had to leave. Returned too late for end. Will have to Google to see who won.

Will the new GT be racing against those Vettes, or in the category with Ferrari, Viper, Aston Martin, etc.?

The one today seems to really do a good job when out front in clean air.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Saw some of the race. Smart pit move put Pruett in front, and he was doing a good job of staying in front of 3 Vettes when I had to leave. Returned too late for end. Will have to Google to see who won.

Will the new GT be racing against those Vettes, or in the category with Ferrari, Viper, Aston Martin, etc.?

The one today seems to really do a good job when out front in clean air.

I won't spoil the final order for you. The new GT will be racing against these formidable opponents (winners of this years' GTE-Pro class at Le Mans):

2015-chevrolet-corvette-c7-r-race-car-at-the-24-hours-of-le-mans_100514271_l.jpg

Last edited:

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Somebody fill us in

How did the Gt 350 perform? I watched Sunday lots of wet track issues. Reminded me of our days at VIR and the Matech rooster tail!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Hand/Ecoboost 2nd
GT350 4th and 7th (result of a penalty)

Last edited:

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Maetech car at VIR was an out-of-body experience.

Never forget it.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Sinovac, any elaboration on what the penalty was and how that affected the final finish order?

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
.... Reminded me of our days at VIR and the Matech rooster tail!!

Maetech car at VIR was an out-of-body experience.

Never forget it.

Tru dat.

matech3.jpg

Me: What was that?! Were those the other cars?! :willy

ricky.jpg

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Sinovac, any elaboration on what the penalty was and how that affected the final finish order?

Bill,

Here is an article on the race. The penalty was for jumping a restart. I predict the car will do very well.

http://www.svtperformance.com/2015/06/29/news-2015-shelby-gt350r-c-debut-race/

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I predict the car will do very well.

Just some racing 'luck'. But unlike you, I predict more of the same unless they lose the green stripes. Unless you're driving a Jag, green probably shouldn't be in your color palate. :wink

I was once told by a driving instructor that - racing in the rain is the great equalizer. True enough as it turns out. I do believe that the power (delivery) curve of the FPC engine and gearing may conspire to be a non-optimal combination in the wet. Wonder how that car weighs-in at each corner? Results should look markedly different in the dry.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Thanks, good article.
I did not know that one of the RC's started on the pole. Pretty good for a first time out and the rain (and the jump start penalty because the P2 car missed a shift) were unfortunate. Both RC's were advancing in the field when the race was red flagged.
Still very optimistic and early.