2005 Ford GT White / Blue 4 option 5k miles

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
After a year of ownership it is time to move on to the next supercar, the Porsche Carrera GT. It took me 10 years to finally acquire my dream car The Ford GT last year. It had to be white with blue stripes. It's funny how tastes in cars change in 10 years as my current stable is mostly Porsche and BMW.

I am the second owner of my 2005 Ford GT that has all 4 options, and 5100 miles. The previous owner painted the the wheels and brake calipers blue to match the stripes on the car and looks stunning. All books and records since new and I had the air bag recall done earlier this year. I am listing it at $269,900. Clear title in hand for an easy transaction and this sale will be brokered thru my local dealer for tax purposes.

Attachments

• IMG_3514.JPG
    IMG_3514.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 1,367
  • IMG_3486.JPG
    IMG_3486.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 1,291
  • IMG_3512.JPG
    IMG_3512.JPG
    343.8 KB · Views: 1,348
  • IMG_3495.JPG
    IMG_3495.JPG
    315.2 KB · Views: 1,329
  • IMG_3524.JPG
    IMG_3524.JPG
    314.6 KB · Views: 1,298

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
You listed it on eBay for $169k. I got excited for a second as I clicked "buy it now" - too good to be true!

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
You listed it on eBay for $169k. I got excited for a second as I clicked "buy it now" - too good to be true!

yes, I had problems with numbers yesterday as I listed my autotrader ad on another car for $100k less also. The funny thing is I had people trying to get it for less than $169k!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
yes, I had problems with numbers yesterday as I listed my autotrader ad on another car for $100k less also. The funny thing is I had people trying to get it for less than $169k!!

Beautiful car. Good luck with sale. What else are you getting rid of?

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Most people whop sell wish they didn’t .....................

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
Beautiful car. Good luck with sale. What else are you getting rid of?

I also have a 2014 Porsche 911 50th Anniversary:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-911...tr=true&hash=item2c9d259932&item=191615047986

Attachments

• reduced.jpg
    reduced.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What Carrera GT did you find? Awesome car. Photos a must!

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
What Carrera GT did you find? Awesome car. Photos a must!

Nothing yet as the FGT has to be sold first.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Keep the Ford GT if you can. I swear you are gonna regret it. I'm currently on a Porsche "bender". CGT, 08 GT3RS, and a vintage 70 911E. Getting a Gulf Blue GT4 in Dec. I understand your desire to get a CGT. They are iconic in the same way as FGT's.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
Keep the Ford GT if you can. I swear you are gonna regret it. I'm currently on a Porsche "bender". CGT, 08 GT3RS, and a vintage 70 911E. Getting a Gulf Blue GT4 in Dec. I understand your desire to get a CGT. They are iconic in the same way as FGT's.

My 912 in the pic above is gulf blue (not the gulf orange and blue). If the price didnt double the past year on the CGT I could keep the FGT and get the CGT. We'll see, maybe the CGT bubble will pop and come back down to the $500k range again.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
My 912 in the pic above is gulf blue (not the gulf orange and blue). If the price didnt double the past year on the CGT I could keep the FGT and get the CGT. We'll see, maybe the CGT bubble will pop and come back down to the $500k range again.

Wishful thinking. Probably just as likely as the FGT going back down to original MSRP.
Good luck. The one and only car I'd sell my GT for would be a CGT. Unfortunately, I'd still be several hundred thousand short:(

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
FWIW, currently owning both, if I had to pick one, I would keep the FGT, and I am not saying that just because this is a Ford GT forum. Don't get me wrong, the CGT is really awesome. I love the design, and sound and such. I agree with Bye Enzo on missing your FGT. My GT is definitely faster, more comfie, more usable on the street, and much less expensive to maintain. That being said, sometimes trying something new is good too.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Would never sell my GT for a punk a$$ Porsche CGT.
Even if I had a spare GT. Which I do.

Reactions: tpraceman

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I prefer the FGT over the CGT. I had the opportunity to drive both all day long. The FGT is way more head turning & fun to drive.

Ed

Reactions: tpraceman

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
JVMAX,

Epic collection; esp CSL.

Take this advice with grain of salt; no matter how I type it, it may be read wrong.

The best collectors gamble, stretch and and buy best in class. They have no problem rationalising their collection to go after holy grails/icons.

Your collection may be holding you back from opening your garage door in 10 yrs and seeing a 1973 911 RS, 1970 911 S and a CGT for whats in their now.

In 1995, I passed on buying a 60s 300 SL for $150K because I had a '68 250 SL that I was planning on restoring for $50K. Well that restoration didnt start until 2005 and cost multiples of that. Long story short I own a 250 SL thats worth less, and 300 SLs go for $1 million.

I didnt make that mistake with F GT, I dumped cats and dogs (356B, '85 M6, etc) and gambled and stretched and nailed the GT.

We all have limits: be it bank account, readily accesible storage space, driving days/yr, seat time/car, and leakage (insurance, DMV, maintenance, deprecation), and most importantly "collecting-opportunity cost".

Life is too short not to be in best.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
sale pending, anyone recommend a shop for a PPI in central Florida (orlando area)?

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
jvmax,

Please don't take this wrong, but all your 911s, 912, and GT3 look the same to me except maybe for a spoiler or lack there of between them. Why would you want to get rid of a radically different FGT to buy the CGT? Seems more logical to me to get rid of a couple of your similar 911s to get the CGT rather than get rid of the completely different driving experience of the FGT.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
jvmax,

Please don't take this wrong, but all your 911s, 912, and GT3 look the same to me except maybe for a spoiler or lack there of between them. Why would you want to get rid of a radically different FGT to buy the CGT? Seems more logical to me to get rid of a couple of your similar 911s to get the CGT rather than get rid of the completely different driving experience of the FGT.

The FGT was an itch I needed to scratch that took me 10 years to finally obtain. In that 10 year period I owned a lot of cars from vipers, nsx's, many BMW's, a Ferrari, Aston Martin Vantage and an Audi R8. During that time I became a big fan of the 911 and the Porsche Brand. Let's just say at the end of the day I am a Porsche guy.

Jrtaylor9

Apr 19, 2015
The FGT was an itch I needed to scratch that took me 10 years to finally obtain. In that 10 year period I owned a lot of cars from vipers, nsx's, many BMW's, a Ferrari, Aston Martin Vantage and an Audi R8. During that time I became a big fan of the 911 and the Porsche Brand. Let's just say at the end of the day I am a Porsche guy.

I too am a "Porsche guy". I sold a couple recently and the fgt also is a scratch I've always wanted to itch. I didn't grow up as a kid lusting after 911s; I didn't even know what they were. I was a blue collar American muscle fan. The 911 always will be the most classic, timeless sports car in history. And I will always have a few in my stable. However, it's time to go back to my roots and buy the pinnacle of what the blue oval has produced to-date. I look forward to having this fgt in my collection soon.

Ps, to say a gt3 just looks like a 911 with a tail: clearly you've never driven one. It's a truly amazing driving experience; driver is one with the car. I thought modern 911s were a bore until I test drove a 2007 gt3 one day. I was hooked instantly and will always be my. I currently own 3 and always will own at least one.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ps, to say a gt3 just looks like a 911 with a tail: clearly you've never driven one. It's a truly amazing driving experience; driver is one with the car. I thought modern 911s were a bore until I test drove a 2007 gt3 one day. I was hooked instantly and will always be my. I currently own 3 and always will own at least one.

Yes, I figured the GT3 would handle better on the track than the 911s and 912, I was trying to emphasize that they all "looked" 90 percent the same. I wasn't attempting to say they all handled the same. JMHO that owning a bunch of nearly the same thing with minor changes wouldn't give me the thrill of climbing in totally different cars Mon-Sun and experiencing/enjoying their huge differences. I currently own a FGT, 1965 427S/C Shelby Cobra, and a Dodge 2500 4x4 Diesel and enjoy the experience of their vast differences. I also owned and enjoyed many other cars/trucks/motorcycles/boats/planes. Totally understand if you just love Porsches and don't want to be bothered with owning other cars and their differences.