Needed: State Farm Insurance mgmt level contact, auto paperwork problem

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Anybody on the Forum have an executive level contact at State Farm? My local adjuster and supervisor just don't understand what I'm trying to tell them. Thanks, Keith

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Interested on your story. When I insured mine I took it to my agent had him take pictures and confirm condition. I wanted to be sure they knew what they were insuring.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Keith did you tell them who you are and how important you are??? ya da man! they should know not to mess with a Ford dealer.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
The story is...Last August, a massive rain storm in the Detroit area flood damaged a lot of cars. We have a customer here at the dealership that got his 2014 GT500 wet, while in his lower level garage. Because of the overwhelming volume of cars that got damaged, it took the insurance adjusters/companies and the State of Michigan an unusually long time to process titles. Our customer expected a salvage title because of the flood damage. We fixed the $70k Shelby for $4k. Michigan requires over 92% damage to require a scrap title. Obviously $4k is not over 92% of $70k. But our local State Farm guys won't correct the title to read "salvage" instead of "scrap". Simple to me, not to State Farm!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Is it State Farm or the State (of MI) that adjusts the titles?

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
everyone should have a " Defined value policy" or else you may not receive anywhere close to market value.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
State Farm made the decision. I checked with the State of Michigan and they responded in writing, that the correction needs to be initiated by the insurance company.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Props for over-the-top customer support.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
everyone should have a " Defined value policy" or else you may not receive anywhere close to market value.

Unless you are in the enviable position of having a car that is appreciating. Then Market value may work just fine for you.

I don't see how this would have affected the problem at hand tho.

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Unless you are in the enviable position of having a car that is appreciating. Then Market value work just fine for you.

I don't see how this would have affected the problem at hand tho.

You are right 2112. In some cases if the market value is higher than the stated value you could lose out!

Ed