Ford Transit Van

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Unfortunately, NOT one of the 1 of 23 heralded new offerings from Ford Performance. But why not - a man's van ! :biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6WdboK1nY

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
What a sound. If the tail pipes weren't in the way, be an awesome tow rig for an RS200

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Not long ago I wanted to be the Director of Marketing for Ford Performance, but some internal guy came along and took the job. Now after watching the videos, I think Ford EU is the place to be. :wink

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Not long ago I wanted to be the Director of Marketing for Ford Performance, but some internal guy came along and took the job. Now after watching the videos, I think Ford EU is the place to be. :wink

With you behind the wheel, soon it will be 1983 all over again ..... those were the days :wink:biggrin

IMG_0962.jpg

:cheers
Anders

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
An example of fine Ammurican engineering and sheetmetal excess. Unmolested and original in presentation.

You are not selling it - are you? DBK and I might like to borrow it for 2016 duty at LeMans - GT Forum Team Transporter. Thinking that we might retrofit it with a period proper 2nd gen EcoBoost race motor. What better way to formally convey the return of Ford to France.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
An example of fine Ammurican engineering and sheetmetal excess. Unmolested and original in presentation.

You are not selling it - are you? DBK and I might like to borrow it for 2016 duty at LeMans - GT Forum Team Transporter. Thinking that we might retrofit it with a period proper 2nd gen EcoBoost race motor. What better way to formally convey the return of Ford to France.

No, keeping it .... just too cool to sell :wink .... it could however use more power so just bring it on :thumbsup:biggrin

Anders

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Dave, that said, we have a year.

Think we can get FP/SVT to help us refresh this baby to global RS spec for LeMans duty?? I'm sure there's an EcoBoost or two lying around Dearborn looking for a home. ;-))

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
That thing is crazy man!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
... it could however use more power so just bring it on :thumbsup:biggrin

Anders

A Ford Racing 302 would fit in it nicely -

View attachment 38277

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Ralphie-

I'm fairly certain that this mod will decrease your fuel mileage and increase your carbon footprint. ;-))

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Ralphie-

I'm fairly certain that this mod will decrease your fuel mileage and increase your carbon footprint. ;-))

:huge:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Probably a few here have had the opportunity to ride with Sabine around Nurburgring. She piloted my Volvo around the 'Ring then turned it over to me with some sort of expectation of 'now, show me how it's done. If you get the chance, do it, you won't ever forget it.