Heard an odd rumor...that the first run was already pre sold, under the table.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Heard a very odd rumor... that the first run was already pre sold, under the table, to the highest selected bidders.

But hey, Ford has the right to sell to whomever they want, for what they want, but..... Hmmmm. Just a rumor of course and would never be confirmed or denied by anyone affiliated...

Hoping it's false.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Heard a very odd rumor... that the first run was already pre sold, under the table, to the highest selected bidders.

But hey, Ford has the right to sell to whomever they want, for what they want, but..... Hmmmm. Just a rumor of course and would never be confirmed or denied by anyone affiliated...

Hoping it's false.

And why not - that will eliminate outrageous dealer markups on the initial cars, and get cars out to be seen!

It's a halo car - not a profit-maker for dealers or investors.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
And why not - that will eliminate outrageous dealer markups on the initial cars, and get cars out to be seen!

It's a halo car - not a profit-maker for dealers or investors.

Yep, that could be the reason, if its remotely true.

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it's not remotely true.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
What about the rumour that Vintage Air has been instructed to build 4000 A/C units for the new car? It gives us plebs some hope that we might actually get to buy one

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

Hoping it's false.

if Ford sold the cars under the table before the car was even release that someone would of flapped their gums. Plus kinda hard to sell a car NO one knew about till Jan..

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Clearly it's not true as I would surely be a party to any underhanded, unfair deal and I know nothing about it.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Clearly it's not true as I would surely be a party to any underhanded, unfair deal and I know nothing about it.
Brilliant!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX

Kindly stop insulting yourself, Paul. You're leaving me less material to work with.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Kindly stop insulting yourself, Paul. You're leaving me less material to work with.

Preemptive strike Ed.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Yeah, it's not remotely true.

I believe there was a thread earlier about some law that forbids the manufacturers from selling directly to the public.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I believe there was a thread earlier about some law that forbids the manufacturers from selling directly to the public.

That would be Tesla and Texas. I don't believe it's illegal to do so anywhere else.

Perhaps Paul could enlighten us between ambulance pursuits.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
That would be Tesla and Texas. I don't believe it's illegal to do so anywhere else.

Perhaps Paul could enlighten us between ambulance pursuits.

Since you asked so nicely, dealer franchise laws in virtually every state prohibit direct sales. Tesla continues to press the issue. I have nothing against dealers and I actually enjoy buying cars from dealers, but there is no valid reason why I can't call Ford and ask them to deliver a new Mustang GT directly to my door.

Good read for those interested in this subject:

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/eag/246374.htm

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I heard that one of the first 50 is going to Kate Upton. ;- ))

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
And another to her boyfriend Verlander, for another perfect pair!

gzl

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2010
Kate Upton rides at my daughter's barn. She's a very down to earth and sweet girl. Not bad on the eyes either.
The cars are not pre sold, according to 2 dealers I'm familiar with.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
The first rule of fight club....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Kate Upton...She's a very down to earth and sweet girl. Not bad on the eyes either.

'Doesn't matter. Like so many before her, after the media, et al, have placed her on a pedestal (of sorts) for a certain length of time, they'll take complete DELIGHT in trying their best to destroy her. :mad

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yes it is true,because I got one.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Since you asked so nicely, dealer franchise laws in virtually every state prohibit direct sales. Tesla continues to press the issue. I have nothing against dealers and I actually enjoy buying cars from dealers, but there is no valid reason why I can't call Ford and ask them to deliver a new Mustang GT directly to my door.

Good read for those interested in this subject:

http://www.justice.gov/atr/public/eag/246374.htm
It's getting harder to find a traditional dealer. AutoNation market cap is $7.1 billion.