New Hagerty valuations out

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
https://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/HVT/VehicleSearch/Report?vbe=98698

Seems a little strong to me given the recent downtick in prices. But who's complaining.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Downtick? Not sure about that.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Oh joy. Another insurance rate hike.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Hagerty has been "consistently behind the curve" re: FGT values. They were valuing them at impaired title cars the last two years. I look at stock market prices on a daily basis, why not look at auction results?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Oh joy. Another insurance rate hike.

I'll take yours off your hands at a steep discount if you can't handle the insurance premium, Counselor.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll take yours off your hands at a steep discount if you can't handle the insurance premium, Counselor.

That's really kind of you Ed, but I'll just find another rich orthopedic surgeon to sue.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

That's really kind of you Ed, but I'll just find another rich orthopedic surgeon to sue.

:lol :lol

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

:frown

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
They always value the 2006 higher than the 2005 which make sense on most cars but in reality is their a real difference in selling price? As a buyer I would not care and not because I have a 2005.

Last edited:

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I believe that there was a $10K base MSRP price increase on the 2006 model over the 2005. The 2006 is "perceived" to be a better car do to the bugs being worked out from the 2005 model. Most FGT books say to avoid the first 500 or so 2005 models and the last 500 2006 models.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
But the first guys get the killer billet control arms, what was wrong with the last 500?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
This was when the auto makers were all in trouble. Ford "hocked themselves up to their neck" regarding getting upfront financing before the SHTF. They weren't in the financial dire straights that the others were. But they were offering "buyouts" to the most senior workers where they could save the most money and many were involved on the FGT program/production line. Some of the most senior workers were leaving at the time the FGT was just hitting it's stride in early 2006 and shortly after. Maybe just street legend or rumor, who knows? I don't own a 2006 but would love to own one.

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
But the first guys get the killer billet control arms, what was wrong with the last 500?

The second 5 or 600 were the best. Post speedi-sleeve/control arm recall, and factory installed billet arms. ;-)

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Most FGT books say to avoid the first 500 or so 2005 models and the last 500 2006 models.

I think I have most FGT books and I have never seen this.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I think I have most FGT books and I have never seen this.

I have the book at my warehouse, can't recall the name, big hardback that has a wealth of information. Have read it more than once. Will post the name of the book and page #, assuming I can find it.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
GT Joey's book. "A few loose wheel nuts or rear main hubs have been reported in cars built during this (final) phase, as well as an occasional lack of paint in the air scoops, but overall there were no major mechanical or exterior issues to be told." "...aside from the aforementioned minor issues, driveability and reliability were exceptional."

Canada cars were among the last 500. The only issue there is they are too polite.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I believe that there was a $10K base MSRP price increase on the 2006 model over the 2005. The 2006 is "perceived" to be a better car do to the bugs being worked out from the 2005 model. Most FGT books say to avoid the first 500 or so 2005 models and the last 500 2006 models.

This is bullshit - the car was continuously improved over the 2-year life cycle. As minor flaws were found, they were corrected as soon as the solutions could be instituted. Your best source of information is the Ford GT Forum as some authors made generalizations based on their own perception. It is true that in the final phase some of the key personnel were moved to other projects, but you cannot find a definite yearly distinction. Do not come on as an expert until you've met the personnel involved, and studied this forum. The $10K was instituted prior to the 2006 model and I believe the reason was to cover the cost of the A-arm recall, redesign and billet fabrication (although I may be wrong here). I have a late 2005, and it has many items that are assumed to be 2006, and I paid the $10k increase.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Canada cars were among the last 500. The only issue there is they are too polite.

And Canadian. :lol

This is bullshit - the car was continuously improved over the 2-year life cycle. As minor flaws were found, they were corrected as soon as the solutions could be instituted. Your best source of information is the Ford GT Forum as some authors made generalizations based on their own perception. It is true that in the final phase some of the key personnel were moved to other projects, but you cannot find a definite yearly distinction. Do not come on as an expert until you've met the personnel involved, and studied this forum. The $10K was instituted prior to the 2006 model and I believe the reason was to cover the cost of the A-arm recall, redesign and billet fabrication (although I may be wrong here).

You tell 'em, Ralphie!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
This is bullshit - the car was continuously improved over the 2-year life cycle. As minor flaws were found, they were corrected as soon as the solutions could be instituted. Your best source of information is the Ford GT Forum as some authors made generalizations based on their own perception. It is true that in the final phase some of the key personnel were moved to other projects, but you cannot find a definite yearly distinction. Do not come on as an expert until you've met the personnel involved, and studied this forum. The $10K was instituted prior to the 2006 model and I believe the reason was to cover the cost of the A-arm recall, redesign and billet fabrication (although I may be wrong here). I have a late 2005, and it has many items that are assumed to be 2006, and I paid the $10k increase.

Hey Ralphie, don't sugar coat it, tell me how you really fee. Please tell me where I claimed to be an expert on FGT's? I'm not an expert on anything. Just a "student of life". Take a chill pill and have a great Memorial Day weekend.

Cheers,
RickH

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
According to Wikipedia the $10,000 price increase was instituted on July 1, 2005.