2016 Acura NSX

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I know this is off topic but I just got confirmation I will be getting one of the first nsx's to hit the road. Cant order yet and pricing and specs are not done just yet but I am close to first in line. Supposedly spec and order in August and roll off factory line in 1 st qtr 2016. Pricing will come in around 170 fully optioned supposedly.

Now, I need a new gt!!!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You and CobraR

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
From the looks of that car (whether one likes it or not) that's a LOT of car for the $$.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Are you guys ahead of Seinfeld and Leno in the queue :biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Having owned a few NSXs I really like the new one. And I think for the money its got to be one of the best out there!

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
Having owned a few NSXs I really like the new one. And I think for the money its got to be one of the best out there!

the hype has really died down. surprising. anyone have a guess on how many they will make. I understand its going to be very low production. the performance stats I ve seen, nothing official yet, but its got to be a great bargain at mid to high 100's.

anyone see it at the Detroit auto show live. curious on in the metal opinions....

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

Looks nice Shelby, but I think it needs larger brake disks to fill up the larger wheels.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I have a 1991 NSX (with a CompTech Super charger) and was kinda waiting on the new NSX...but got tired about two years ago when a Tungsten GT appeared.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
anyone see it at the Detroit auto show live. curious on in the metal opinions....

I saw it at the Detroit show. It's not an elegant car like the last generation. I think it looks odd, particularly the front end with the chrome beak. It's a Honda, so it will run like a Swiss watch, but to my eye it's not attractive.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I too was not struck, I've seen it now twice. I've also heard it under acceleration, and it's whisper quiet. When accelerating at you, the motors make more sounds than the engine. And when by you, still not a roar. It will need an exhaust.

I bet it is good to drive though, or I would expect it to be, but I don't know what it weighs.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I used to drool over them at the Acura dealership where I purchased my 1991 Acura Legend brand new. At the time I recall them being $65K cars, might be off $5K or so if I'm mis-remembering. I was raising two girls and coudln't afford a 3rd. car like that at the time. In my humble opinion, I believe they were over priced then as they are now. $150K starting MSRP is a real tough market price as you go up a notch and you're at Porsche new 911 Turbo S money and take it up again and you are in the used Ferrari market.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I too was not struck, I've seen it now twice. I've also heard it under acceleration, and it's whisper quiet. When accelerating at you, the motors make more sounds than the engine. And when by you, still not a roar. It will need an exhaust.

I bet it is good to drive though, or I would expect it to be, but I don't know what it weighs.

Thought that we had talked about it, but the car has multi position performance settings, most likely you "heard" the one that is designed for "full quiet" e.g. Stealth mode. In any event, when you saw the car it would not have had a final design exhaust and the (TTV6) engine was still in development.

Autoweek had reasonable pre launch overview: http://autoweek.com/article/detroit-auto-show/2016-acura-nsx-debuts-detroit-auto-show

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We had not. But that makes sense. And I also agree, the example I saw would likely not be the final car. Even with that, I still was not moved by the styling. Mind is still open, to see it in a different color, and with natural light (the one I saw outside, was still wearing come camo). Would never be a buyer though.