RM Auction Fort Worth, Texas, Andrews Collection

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
2005 Ford Gt Red, No Stripe with 800 miles sold for $330,00 including fees yesterday afternoon. Ford dealer Sam Pack stayed on it up to $280,00 then got off. Nice car. Wild auction with lots of bidding and very high prices. Our old race car GT350R #108 sold for $770,000. Glad I was there to see it. First time I've seen the car in 49 years. I'm filling my bucket. One event at a time. Pictures attached.

Attachments

• image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 647
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 684
Last edited by a moderator:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That's really awesome to see your old 'R again. Not even Carroll would have imagined that selling price!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Hey Tommy, Did you see what that vintage V8 Ford Logo sign brought? Man those guys had a hell of a collection of stuff. Wish I could have been there to see some of it.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I was there with Tomy. The signs and statues were going for insane prices. Don't know which sign you're asking about, but a blue neon that simply said "FORD " went for $35,000. A spirit of ecstacy statue was $65k, etc etc. as Tomy noted, prices were strong, a split window Vette went for over $200k. I actually thought the GT350R would have gone for more, one sold not too long ago for $950k, although old 5R108 was really beat up and had lots of mods that took away from its originality - it was a thrashed race car.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
OK Pilot, your v8 sign went for $27,600. My mistake on the Ford sign, it was the "Pig Sandwich" sign that fetched $30+k!. The 63 vette fetched $253,000!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The 63 Split-window Corvette Sting Ray was brand new and had been in the collection of Chip Miller, Lance Millers Father and it wound up in the Andrews Collection in Ft. worth, Texas. Lance even traveled to Ft. Worth to see it before it sold yesterday. Lance is close friends with the Andrews,that's how I found out our GT350R # 108 was in Texas and was going to be for sale in the Auction yesterday. Thank You Lance Miller you really made my Day yesterday. Just meeting Lance in Las Vegas at Rally 10 has made my lift more interesting. What a great Guy, and thank you also Dave Bannister. Old Race Cars Forever. The Split -window sold for $230,000 plus Fees and they were expecting $80-110,000.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 596
  • image-1.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 612
Last edited by a moderator:

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Tomy,

Glad you had a blast. I'm blown away you can lay on your side and take pictures like that! LOL

On a serious note, I hope you had the opportunity to meet Paul & Chris - great people. The auction results can be found here as well: http://www.rmauctions.com/ac15/the-andrews-collection/results/. Regarding my father's '63 - I thought the car would bring $175k or so, it did extremely well. A few of their cars I thought would have done more, but overall I'm certain they're happy.

Glad you went!

Cheers,

Lance

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
It was a very expensive auction!!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks guys. Yes the prices were full on. The Texas oil money was flowing.

I want one of those signs for sure. For a really old Ford store like mine it would be a great signature piece. So cool Tom and Lance could connect with those cars that you use to own.