Leno likes 05/06 GTs better!

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Got to meet Leno at a local car meet and the first thing he said to me was, "I like these better than the new ones don't you?" Of course I agreed, but looking back I wish I would have been quicker on my toes and responded with "Can I have your spot then?"

What a great guy and his stand up is hilarious which I didn't expect. I have always been a fan just because of the type of person he is. But never thought he was that funny on the Tonight Show, but he certainly is on stage.

Jay Leno.jpg

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
NorthwoodGT............Does that diecast GT look familiar? :)

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Got a chance to meet him at his garage with DBK and Camilo a few years back. He was hilarious.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Cool.

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Seems like a genuine guy...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Seems like a genuine guy...

'Agree completely. 'Met him at SEMA 4-5(?) years ago.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I ran into him at SEMA about a month after he got his GT. I was wearing my GT build team shirt. When he saw that, he asked if I was on the program. I told him that I was, and that I had driven his car at MPG before it was delivered to him. He gave me a giant bear hug and thanked me. We chatted for 10 minutes or so, then had my wife take this Picture. A few years later, I had the chance to have him autograph it for me. Really great guy.

Attachments

• Leno.jpg
    Leno.jpg
    242.4 KB · Views: 690

Bill I.

Oct 9, 2013
Farmington Hills, MI
Thanks for posting. Jay absolutely loves his GT and I'm sure he will be keeping both.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
When he's messing with his cars I seldom see him without one of those blue denim shirts on.

Chip

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
When he's messing with his cars I seldom see him without one of those blue denim shirts on.

Chip

Canadian tuxedo.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
...........I'm a t-shirt guy myself........

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Leno has good taste. I agree with him 100%.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Jay must have a closet full of jeans and denim shirts... If he is not in a suit or sport coat... that is all he wears... jeans and a denim shirt... with the sleeves rolled up. Met him at the Quail Concours in Carmel, CA a year or so ago... great guy.

ps... I'll bet he will have the new GT in Leno's Garage when they hit the streets... he's a car guy!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Canadian tuxedo.

Very Formal if used with suspenders