ClearPlex Who's In

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I just sent PM regarding the purchase of one skin. Thanks for doing this for us all.

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Updated original list with shipping costs as well as payment info.

Again Due to the delay in getting these skins I fully understand if you wish to have your name removed from the list if you have procured the product elsewhere just let me know so I can remove it from page 1.

Cheers
Trent

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
$175 plus $30 shipping to 86351. Need your paypal id . Thanks. Barry. just read entire email got it. sent.

Last edited:

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Payment and PM sent. Thanks.

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
Trent, I still have stickers on my windshield, but it is getting somewhat pitted and when I replace it, I want to protect it. Is it to late to get one?
Thanks,
Vince

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Email sent.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Payment sent, see you in Detroit.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Paid, send them, one less thing to deal with at the Rally.

Thanks for doing this, again!!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I was interested in having one installed now, while my car is at the GT Guys for the pre-Rally work, but they said that they had poor experiences with ClearPlex in the past. Perhaps they need to try a different installer? Any suggestions for an installer near the GT Guys? Preferably one that would go to their shop?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I was interested in having one installed now, while my car is at the GT Guys for the pre-Rally work, but they said that they had poor experiences with ClearPlex in the past. Perhaps they need to try a different installer? Any suggestions for an installer near the GT Guys? Preferably one that would go to their shop?

I'll 2nd that. Per these conversations, it seems like you need to ensure you have a very good installer to make the ClearPlex satisfactory. Xcentric had to remove his due to a poor installation and is going to try having one installed for the 2nd time. There are no installers within 200 miles of where I live and I have no information on how competent the closest installer which is near Birmingham AL is. Not a comfortable feeling to drive for 5 hours one way just to maybe be disappointed with their work.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The installation problem I had was due to trying to form flat sheet with a heat gun. Uneven stretching caused ripples in the film.

These new skins are pre-formed and pre-cut. The skin is already shaped to fit the windshield. No further heating or stretching needed. There should be no installation drama.

That said, my preference is to use an installer approved by ClearPlex. Fortunately, I have one close by. If I did not, I'm sure there are lots of competent window tint guys. I'd use a tint guy before I'd use a clear bra guy.

Here's an installation video so you can get a feel for what is involved.

[video]https://youtu.be/kNERTJmUOF4[/video]

You can see why doing this outside is not a great idea.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Thank you, Gary. I am in for one, but I think I will wait until after the Rally and have my local tint guy do it, then.

Trent, I will be in touch here shortly. Thank you for doing this!

Edit- paid via PayPal!

Last edited:

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
paid via Paypal. Thanks for helping with this Trent.

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Has an installer been arranged to be available at the rally for those interested?

Just sent PP payment for the skin and shipping to my home.

Thanks!

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I'll 2nd that. Per these conversations, it seems like you need to ensure you have a very good installer to make the ClearPlex satisfactory. Xcentric had to remove his due to a poor installation and is going to try having one installed for the 2nd time. There are no installers within 200 miles of where I live and I have no information on how competent the closest installer which is near Birmingham AL is. Not a comfortable feeling to drive for 5 hours one way just to maybe be disappointed with their work.

Just Google Clearflex installers and you will find a certified dealer/installer in Tampa, Fl. I assume you are on the west coast.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Trent,
Thanks for putting this together and trying to find an installer in Detroit during Rally 10. As I have stated since day one, I have no good installers near where I live. The closest ClearPlex installer according to their website is 5 hours one-way away from my home and I have no information on his competence so that is a big gamble for me. I've asked DBK for an agenda so that I/we can coordinate an install during the Rally.
Thanks again for coordinating the manufacturing of these windshield protectors, Jer

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Just Google Clearflex installers and you will find a certified dealer/installer in Tampa, Fl. I assume you are on the west coast.

Thanks for the suggestion Rick, but Tampa is a 12 hour drive one-way from where I live in FL.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Trent,
I've decided to have the ClearPlex installed on my drive back to FL in either OH or TN thus not complicating our activities at Rally 10. I'd like to pick up my ClearPlex at the Rally in Detroit.
Thanks,

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Sounds good Jerry. The closest installer I have found is in Mentor OH, approx 100 miles away.

Cheers
Trent