McLaren 570S

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Impressive to deliver a carbon tub car for $184,900.

From the McLaren website:

The new 570S Coupé is a classic sports car with a mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive layout and a carbon fibre chassis. The M838TE twin-turbo V8 engine produces 570PS (562bhp) and 600Nm (442lb ft), with 30 percent of components bespoke to the Sports Series. Power is delivered through a seven-speed SSG transmission and transmitted to the road via Pirelli P-Zero™ Corsa tyres, and this power is brought under control with standard-fit carbon ceramic brakes. The Sports Series has its own newly developed suspension system along with ‘Normal’, ‘Sport’ and ‘Track’ handling settings.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 482

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
That is an interesting benchmark.
From the McLaren website: http://cars.mclaren.com/featured-articles/the-mclaren-570s.html

CF structure:

The unique carbon fibre MonoCell II chassis at the heart of the 570S Coupé is incredibly strong and stiff yet weighs less than 80kg, and has been designed to offer optimum levels of protection without inhibiting ingress and egress from the cabin. This lightweight structure, and the use of aluminium body panels, contributes to a dry weight as low as 1313kg (2895lbs), almost 150kg lighter than its closest competitor.

Power to weight:

The high power output, combined with the lightweight carbon fibre structure, means the 570S Coupé delivers a class leading power-to-weight ratio of 434PS (428bhp) per tonne. Performance is breathtaking: the 570S Coupé will accelerate from zero to 100km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.2 seconds, while 200 km/h (0-124 mph) is reached in just 9.5 seconds, and the top speed is 328 km/h (204mph).

And for Indy:

Minimised weight and a turbocharged engine doesn’t just bring great performance. The 570S Coupé also delivers excellent fuel efficiency and emissions for a car that is a member of the 200mph club, with fuel economy of 25.5mpg on the EU combined cycle. For the US market, this means exemption from gas guzzler tax.

Base price at current conversion $214K

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Looks good in silver. I like the proportions of the car.

image.jpg

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Profile very reminiscent of F1, no?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Wow, sweet looking and a price to match! This could put a crimp in Ford's pricing strategy.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Profile very reminiscent of F1, no?

Funny you say that. I thought the same thing. If only it was a three seater.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Wow, sweet looking and a price to match! This could put a crimp in Ford's pricing strategy.

Totally different class of car. The 570S is the lower rung of the McLaren heiarchy. Not taking anything away from it, but you better believe McLaren is going to make it crystal clear the 570S/C is inferior to its big brother.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Paul, I like the looks of the car and am also impressed at what you get for the price listed.

Power to weight:
The high power output, combined with the lightweight carbon fibre structure, means the 570S Coupé delivers a class leading power-to-weight ratio of 434PS (428bhp) per tonne. Performance is breathtaking: the 570S Coupé will accelerate from zero to 100km/h (0-62 mph) in 3.2 seconds, while 200 km/h (0-124 mph) is reached in just 9.5 seconds, and the top speed is 328 km/h (204mph).

Actually not too different from our cars.

And for Indy:
Minimised weight and a turbocharged engine doesn’t just bring great performance. The 570S Coupé also delivers excellent fuel efficiency and emissions for a car that is a member of the 200mph club, with fuel economy of 25.5mpg on the EU combined cycle. For the US market, this means exemption from gas guzzler tax.

?? Ahhh, who cares about gas mileage.
I thank the Prius owners every chance I get.

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
Totally different class of car. The 570S is the lower rung of the McLaren heiarchy. Not taking anything away from it, but you better believe McLaren is going to make it crystal clear the 570S/C is inferior to its big brother.

It may be a bit different from its "big brother" but I'll bet it gives that twin turbo V6 a run for half the price. This car really heralds that the current super car i.e. 650 replacement will move up the performance ladder.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

What makes you think that? McLaren's brand strategy is an unqualified dumpster fire. I personally like the cars a lot, but they make Aston Martin look like a good investment.

RTM CF monocell
3.8L TT V8
7-Speed DCT
Flip Up Doors
200 mph top speed
Under 10 seconds to 200 kph

Does this describe the ~$200k, the ~$300k, the ~$400k or the ~$1.1 million McLaren? Yeah, all of them. And they all look very similar. And I'm sure it will describe the car that splits the middle at the top when it arrives.

You can easily get a 650S for $50-75k off MSRP brand new. The bigger dealers already have 10+ units sitting on the floor, which is never a great idea at $300-350k. So what will the price be of both the 650S (or replacement) and the 570S when they have 10 of the former and 20-25 of the latter sitting on the lot after Woking starts pumping them out by the thousands?

A member here got offered a new 650S at what must have been nearly $100k off MSRP. There's not that much margin in this stuff. I just don't understand how the company will survive without a big benefactor long term when they have to give the cars away already, let alone when they flood the market with a very closely aligned baby version. Great for us to buy them used, but questionable way to try and run an exotic car company.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All valid points. The point I was making is that McLaren has slotted the 570S into the lineup as its entry level car and, as such, it's not a direct competitor to the NFGT.

I'd be scared to death to buy a new McLaren for the reasons you mentioned.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
.... So what will the price be of both the 650S (or replacement) and the 570S when they have 10 of the former and 20-25 of the latter sitting on the lot after Woking starts pumping them out by the thousands?

If the 570S hovers a hair or two under the $100K mark in a couple of years after first production, I'm in- The car looks good :thumbsup

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
If the 570S hovers a hair or two under the $100K mark in a couple of years after first production, I'm in- The car looks good :thumbsup

Ditto that. 2900#... 560hp... Sounds like a blast!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Excellent car on paper!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
What makes you think that? McLaren's brand strategy is an unqualified dumpster fire. I personally like the cars a lot, but they make Aston Martin look like a good investment.

I just don't understand how the company will survive without a big benefactor long term when they have to give the cars away already, let alone when they flood the market with a very closely aligned baby version. Great for us to buy them used, but questionable way to try and run an exotic car company.

Couldn't agree more. Sad they can't improve their business strategy and customer loyalty. Having previously owned an MP4-12C, I do think they are awesome cars.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Couldn't agree more. Sad they can't improve their business strategy and customer loyalty. Having previously owned an MP4-12C, I do think they are awesome cars.

I think McLaren could have a very loyal customer base. Company with heritage, alternative styling, alternative to the whole Ferrari experience, can't argue with the performance. I still think the MP4 is a good looking car that is appropriately understated. They've just done a bad job of over-promising and under-delivering, going back Ron Dennis pitching that the "P1 will destroy every car known to man ever, anywhere" only to subsequently be outperformed by 918 repeatedly.

The again, you want to talk about dumpster fires, don't even get me started on the F1 team. Ugh. No matter what they're paying Alonso, poor guy has to be missing Maranello.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
McLaren seems to have some serious brand dilution going on. Not a fan of the styling of this car.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I ordered a 12C before I knew what it looked like or what it cost. I am such a big lover of McLaren's history. However, as DBK and everyone else knows, their marketing strategy is hopeless, and all of us early adopters got royally reamed when they brought out the 650s! Which instantly caused 12c prices to plummet. The lunacy continues, I was recently offered a new 650 for 20% under list, ridiculous deal because they've over-produced, thus devaluing the brand.
Having said all that I hope the 570 makes it, its a really pretty car in the flesh and pushes all the right buttons. The problem is going to be if the new car has all the myriad niggly issues that the other cars have. Whilst a fundamentally amazing car to drive, owning one can be a royal PITA!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Car looks nice in person.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
... owning one can be a royal PITA!

Still have the "British car" stigma after all these years ? curious to know what issues you've experienced with your 12C, I am hearing lots of good things about dealer service after the sale.