Greetings from a new owner from SF Bay Area

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Hello Everyone,

Long time lurker on the forum. Now proud to be the owner of a 2005 White GT.
I bought the car sight unseen from Shelby because of his reputation and the experience was flawless.
I also want to express my sincere appreciation for Andy House (Darthvader) who gave me a lot of guidance and advice about buying a ford GT. Long story, but let's just say he has been incredibly kind in helping out a newbie before and after the car purchase.

Anyway, I am excited about being part of this special community and I look forward to learning more about this car from everyone.

Lewis

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Welcome! You're gonna love driving it. Be careful out there. The gt can be a handful and then some!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! Think about signing up for Rally 10...

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Congratulations, and welcome! I hope you plan on driving your fantastic machine. So, any mods, or plans for mods? There is a wealth of terrific information available here, as you must already know.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard!!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
very special Welcome!! this is a great forum and community of information with a lot of Ford people who actually worked on the program (and the new one).
don't ever be afraid to ask a question even if you think it's dumb because there are no dumb questions when it comes to these cars.
3 things to remember about these cars: 1. no hole shots or dumping the clutch. that transaxle is an expensive beast and there are no service parts out there to fix them 2. be careful of 3rd. gear. these babies pull like a bitch in 3rd. and it's easy for it to drive you instead of you driving it. and 3. don't impress your friends when they go for a ride with crazy speed and handling. you've already impressed the crap out of them with your GT !! Have fun and welcome!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
3. don't impress your friends when they go for a ride with crazy speed and handling. you've already impressed the crap out of them with your GT !!

Best advice given on this forum in a long time.

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Welcome Lewis from another Bay Area GT owner.

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Welcome Lewis. I'm in the Bay Area as well. Hopefully we will have a chance to meet in person one day!

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Lewis,

Welcome aboard! We're located in Northern Los Angeles County (near Magic Mountain) should you need any maintenance (or "enhancements") for your GT! Do as others have recommended and get to know this crowd by attending the upcoming Rally in Detroit.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Welcome aboard Lewis, here's wishing you many hours of pleasure in your new GT and on our little GT Forum.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats. Great color combination. Enjoy her.

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Thanks for the warm welcome. Appreciate all the advice. I've outgrown the days of needing to impress anyone. Had a couple of cars with much more horsepower, and certainly had some close calls. Now it is all about enjoying and appreciating this timeless vehicle during my midlife crisis. Funny I was just reading about some of the magazine comparisons between the FGT and F430's from way back when. Yet when I drove my colleague's F430 yesterday it didn't get my heart pounding like the FGT does.

To the Norcal folks, I would definitely enjoy meeting up with all of you to talk about cars and hang out. Thanks again everyone!

Lewis

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Welcome aboard!!

John, are the billet vents still available? Just noted that my stock plastic top vents has a crack one one side and a stud broken on the other.
Also is Shadowman (?) still providing powder coating service? Sorry for the public post. Still have not figure out how to get the PM privilege. Please email me (lewishou@yahoo.com) Thanks.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Should work now Lewis.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and Welcome Lewis !! Kendal aka : nota4re is a good resource in your area !! Come to the rally !!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Welcome Sir to this spot.

Bridgestones to stay here.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
What Stormcat said--get your butt (and GT) to the rally in August!

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Good to have new members! Glad you got the car you want in the color you wanted ;) Thank you for the kind words as well Lewis it was a pleasure doing business with you!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Congratulations, Hard to believe a 10 year old car can still get your heart pumping like the Ford GT can. Still the standard super cars are compared to. Enjoy and be ready for a crowed any time you take it our. Photos of the Ford GT's are hanging on more refrigerators than any other car.