Ford GT National Rally 10 *Registration* Who's in?

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There's a 'Cruise Thru The Hood' scheduled instead. Emenem will be riding 'shotgun' in a GTX1 waving to everybody.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
We can also cruise Woodward and hang out at the 13 Mile shopping center on Friday night and race for Pinks.

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Did anymore hotel rooms open up by chance?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Did anymore hotel rooms open up by chance?

I may not be coming after all, Rob. If I do cancel, I can request to just change my reservation to your name.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
I'm in, really looking forward to this one....YAAAAHOOO!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
If it comes to pass, which end will track day fall on?

No track day Bert. Closest track worth taking a GT to is about 150 miles, and we're already toast on fitting stuff into 3 days as it is!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Dave, How close are you to producing a daily agenda?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's gonna be a while. There are some TBA items on the schedule I'll detail at some point in the next month or two, but generally daytime activities are at FMC facilities, evening events at The Henry Ford Museum, Ford Conference and Events Center, Camilo's or The Henry.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Dave, make sure the schedule includes time for putting a down a deposit and signing the paperwork for the new GT......

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
Dave,

Once again I will not be attending the rally. Each year I have hoped to do so but each year have had a work related interruption that has kept it from happening. This year I will need to be in India on business. Rather I live vicariously through the fortunate ones who do indeed get to attend these amazing events. I just want to say that, even though I have yet to attend, I am amazed at the wonderful job you do putting these things together and pulling them off. Your contribution to our group is unparalleled and really what makes this a great group to belong to. I want you to know that I appreciate all you do. I'm amazed and truly grateful. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment...so just know...it matters. It really does. Cant thank you enough.

Nathan

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Dave, I tried to register for the rally again today and the site would not respond to the "Register" button, then later it showed the sale as "expired." I want to register myself as the driver and my wife. Can you help? I'll PM you too. Thanks in advance.

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
Could you get the Dearborn handling track for a day? Many years ago they let SAAC hold an event there, I ran my Cobra and remember spinning just before the last big sweeper.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Bruce, I think there are too many events already to fit into the Rally, obviously a lot to see and do around the new one.

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Any "UPDATES" on additional rooms?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

x2

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, make sure the schedule includes time for putting a down a deposit and signing the paperwork for the new GT......

I've submitted the request!

Who knows, maybe we'll manage to come up with something interesting...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave,

Once again I will not be attending the rally. Each year I have hoped to do so but each year have had a work related interruption that has kept it from happening. This year I will need to be in India on business. Rather I live vicariously through the fortunate ones who do indeed get to attend these amazing events. I just want to say that, even though I have yet to attend, I am amazed at the wonderful job you do putting these things together and pulling them off. Your contribution to our group is unparalleled and really what makes this a great group to belong to. I want you to know that I appreciate all you do. I'm amazed and truly grateful. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment...so just know...it matters. It really does. Cant thank you enough.

Nathan

Thanks a lot Nathan. Really means a lot. Wish you could make it!

:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Could you get the Dearborn handling track for a day? Many years ago they let SAAC hold an event there, I ran my Cobra and remember spinning just before the last big sweeper.

We do have the DDC for a day, but a final plan of what we'll be able to do hasn't been decided.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

The hotel room situation is as follows:

I've been banging on The Henry for weeks about additional rooms even at a different rate. To this point they have been unable to provide me additional rooms because they have another large corporate booking on our dates (Ford-land during the week can get busy).

I talked with them today about trying to at least get one more handful of rooms. I am told they will have an answer for me by the end of the day Monday.

If there ends up being no additional rooms at The Henry, there is an additional large hotel close within the Fairlane Town Center development.

Adoba Hotel Dearborn (Formerly the Hyatt)
(313) 592-3622
600 Town Center Dr
Dearborn, MI 48126
http://adobadearborn.com

You can certainly park your car in the garage (which is owned by Ford) with the other cars and walk or grab a ride from The Henry to the Adoba. While it's not as nice as The Henry, they do have plenty of rooms and it's only $125 for our dates.

Alternatively, Ford owns the Dearborn Inn (Marriott operates), which is a very nice hotel right next to the Product Development Center. They only have outdoor parking.

The Dearborn Inn
20301 Oakwood
Dearborn, MI 48124
(313) 271-2700
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/dtwdi-the-dearborn-inn-a-marriott-hotel/

Rooms at the Dearborn Inn are currently $229 for our dates, and it is about 3 miles away.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
And for good measure...

The GT Attendee List - 106 GT Owners

1. Indy GT
  2. DBK
  3. Chip Beck
  4. Vince H
  5. roketman
  6. Spirit
  7. specracer
  8. Awsum GT
  9. Xcentric
  10. CJ428
  11. JW Brake
  12. PL*510 Jeff
  13. txviper
  14. Howard
  15. Connor-San
  16. bonehead
  17. Not 4N
  18. Blue Moose
  19. myellowC5
  20. Matt
  21. 06FordGT
  22. beckertb
  23. AMB
  24. ThamonGT
  25. wmjim
  26. Lightning
  27. BAT
  28. NorthwoodGT
  29. texas mongrel
  30. AJB
  31. FlagstaffGT
  32. Tachy
  33. BigInch Blake
  34. Cobrar
  35. fourducs3
  36. Ed Sims
  37. jasonjsipos
  38. Mike Mosing
  39. Shelby#18
  40. svtowner
  41. To Awsum
  42. ByeEnzo
  43. Vincent998
  44. Paul
  45. Nafod
  46. The Chet Offensive
  47. SteveA
  48. FlorIdaho Chris
  49. Cobraguy
  50. Stormcat
  51. DC-DD
  52. PILOTJPW1
  53. rollingperformance
  54. Kingman
  55. Copenhagen GT
  56. Magic
  57. shesgotlegs
  58. fjpikul
  59. w.a.nelson
  60. shelbyelite
  61. JBG
  62. PeteK
  63. GTJack
  64. SSRob
  65. andymlow
  66. anya
  67. pe2unia
  68. Chris E.
  69. Spaceman
  70. Mike1
  71. AlohaGT
  72. Testadave
  73. KMCBOSS
  74. silverbullitt
  75. SPEED DEMON
  76. maxemus
  77. Triheart7
  78. 427Aggie
  79. ItsOnlyMoney
  80. LOVE CHP
  81. gtjim
  82. The Grey Ghost
  83. mopar
  84. SuperNova
  85. Sinovac
  86. midnite blu
  87. DoctorV8
  88. Gene Cassone
  89. GTDrummer
  90. HiloDave
  91. Vernice Slankins
  92. Woody Yerxa
  93. Shoboat
  94. Noir GT
  95. Stef
  96. Brombear
  97. D.P GT
  98. Sound Waves
  99. PeteK
  100. Marv Rose
  101. flylow

[*]Raj Nair - Group Vice President, Global Product Development and Chief Technical Officer
    [*]Henry Ford III - Global Marketing Manager Ford Performance
    [*]Camilo Pardo - Ford GT Chief Designer
    [*]Mark McGowan - Ford GT Vehicle Dynamics Supervisor
    [*]Rich Brooks - aka The GT Guy LLC