Possible gauge protection solution CUSTOMER LIST

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Possible gauge protection solution, installation guide

UPDATE 3-30-2015: I now have a schematic at the bottom of this posting. There is an alternative method of configuring the installation. The alternate method involves changing both fuses to the new values shown on the schematic. The idea here is if a voltage overload occurs, the 5 amp fuse will blow completely interrupting the power to the gauges.

If you have not received your order, I am build two more batches and will be shipping them over the next two weeks. Thanks all, Jay

UPDATE 3-24-2015: Due to demand I am going to build another 10 units. If you have not received your order, I will have the remaining units ready to ship by Monday, 3-30-2015. Thanks all, Jay

UPDATE 3-18-2015, 2:50 PM PDT: I am completely sold out of these units! I built and shipped 50 pieces. If there is enough interest I could build another batch someday. Please advise. Thanks, Jay

UPDATE 3-16-2015: Instructions for installing this are outlined at the bottom of this posting.
I am shipping the first batch today. If any of you want to place a last minute order for shipment today please let me know. Also, when dealing with PayPal make sure that your shipping address is included. I will be posting full installation instructions tonight. Also, some of you wanted the polished coil cover fasteners and I will try to include those in the same shipment. Thanks all, Jay

UPDATE 3-13-2015: The units are completed and I am going to test each unit today. Please scroll to the bottom of this posting to view the final product. Jay

3-10-2015: Here is the latest list of potentially interested persons. A couple persons
may want two pieces and those are indicated with that quantity in parenthesis.
The names with question marks after them probably built their own. I am
building a run of 50 units. The cost will be $35.00 plus an $8.00 shipping
and handling fee for domestic shipments totaling $43.00. Overseas shipping
rates will be determined on an individual basis.

Payments may be made via PayPal, please include your shipping address as this does not always show up (gtsaver@cox.net) or by check to:

Jay Philippbar
2006 Via Solona
San Clemente, CA 92673
http://www.analogdesign.com/

Installation Instructions

1. Remove access panel located at foot well on passenger’s side of car. Carefully peel away plastic cover in order to access fuse block.

2. Remove 10 amp fuse located at position #28 in fuse block (“B” in Image #1). Install this fuse into the unused location on the fuse adapter as shown in Image #2.

3. Use a 7mm socket to remove the fastener (“A” in Image #1). Reinstall fastener including ring terminal on surge suppressor as shown in Image #3.

4. Install fuse adapter into the location where the fuse was originally located with the red wire coming out of the TOP side (Image #3). Note: The fuse block in this image looks more complicated due to the installation of a wideband A/F ratio gauge.

5. Place plastic cover back in its original position and replace access panel.

6. In the event that the surge suppressor must handle a severe overload, the 10 amp fuse may blow. In this case the upper fuse (Image #2) has a red LED that will glow to indicate a blown fuse (NOTE: the ignition switch must be ON to check this).

Fuse Block Image 1.jpg
Image #1

Ford GT Gauge protector Image 2.jpg
Image #2

Fuse Block Image 3.jpg
Image #3

Gauge protector schematic.jpg
Schematics

Last edited:

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
mail check today

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Can you please add me to the list for 2 units ? Thanks !

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Payment just sent via PayPal. Thank you!

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
PM sent.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Check is in the mail.
Thank you!

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I bought the parts to build my own. You can remove me from the purchase list. Thanks so much for posting the info. Now I just need to put it together and install it.

Can you tell me exactly which fuse position the holder goes into? I think I can see it from the photos posted but would like to verify. Thanks!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
Thanks

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Jay I had posted to your origonal thread for a unit. I will forward a check to the above address. Thanks for doing this for us. Very gracious.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
paypal sent.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
PayPal sent. Thanks!!

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
I'd be interested in 2 if you have any left.........worth a shot......... :)

$86 sent via paypal

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
You sent $43.00 USD to gtsaver@cox.net

Thanks Again Jay!

Mike

Tomcat

GT Owner
Please add me...
Thomas Baranek

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Put me down for 1 please if available. thanks.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Paypal sent. Thanks for doing this and sharing with all of us.

Vince H

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sent you PM too, check was sent out today.

Thanks,
Rick

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Money sent.

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Check's in the mail.
Thanks

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll send via Paypal when I get home. Thanks, Jay!