Very nice! Thank you!

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Got it, thanks!

Very easy to install.

Unfortunately it did not prevent the snowstorm we got last night.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Received mine a couple days ago. Well done, and thanks for putting this together. (Literally)

Tomcat

GT Owner
Thank you!!

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Got it! Thank you.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Got mine today.
Thank you!
Best,
Mark

glord

GT Owner
Mar 25, 2006
Los Gatos California
Got it. Very straight forward install. Thank you!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Got mine today Jay. Thanks buddy. Nicely done.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Received it today. Thank you Jay!

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Got mine. Thanks for doing this!

HPGT

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2012
Little Rock, AR
Thanks Jay
Picked up mine at my house. Haven't been there in a while so it
probably had been there a few days. Never had a gauge problem so the timing is great.

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Future improved gauge protection AND thanks from Jay

Gentlemen:

Thank you for the kind feedback as I strive for perfection in everything I build.

For those that missed out, I will be building 15 more units and expect shipments by next Monday (3-30-2015).

After further thinking about the gauge problem, I will be designing a special module that supplies isolated, regulated AND controlled ramp-up voltage to the gauges. One of members had suggested using a "DC-DC converter" and that's what this would be. I had started building one of these a long time ago however I am going to redesign it due to new features that I wish to add. If I remember correctly, the gauges fail during startup, am I correct??? Does anyone have a guess as to the percentage of gauges that failed while the car was being driven??? :confused

Thanks all, Jay

http://www.analogdesign.com/

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
As you may already know, no root cause has been identified despite the efforts by various folks on this forum to send failed gauges for failure analysis to Ford and Autometer. The result of this effort yielded a re-designed five (5) gauges (less Speedo and Tach :rofl) by Autometer with a stepper motor internal vs. stock OEM Aircore motor. Gauges are purchased directly from Autometer at a reasnoble cost vs. Ford parts bin- (I think I got this right :biggrin)

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Hi Junior,

Thanks for the feedback. I would of left the aircore motors alone and made a bullet-proof driver/buffer stage to drive them so nothing will fail. Do you know if the redesigned gauges have the same dynamics (response time)?

I wish that the gauges were serviceable however most gauges that I have seen are sealed by using a deformable bezel ring.

Thanks, Jay

As you may already know, no root cause has been identified despite the efforts by various folks on this forum to send failed gauges for failure analysis to Ford and Autometer. The result of this effort yielded a re-designed five (5) gauges (less Speedo and Tach :rofl) by Autometer with a stepper motor internal vs. stock OEM Aircore motor. Gauges are purchased directly from Autometer at a reasnoble cost vs. Ford parts bin- (I think I got this right :biggrin)

HPGT

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2012
Little Rock, AR
I don't think any of us have any unreasonable expectations. If it gave me a 10% less chance of having a gauge failure, it was worth the investment.
If it proves to have no positive results, it was at least worth the try. No one else has stepped forward with an answer

DWR46

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 20, 2008
Just sent Paypal funds with address information. Thank you for doing this for us.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal

Do you know if the redesigned gauges have the same dynamics (response time)?

Thanks, Jay
Don't know the answer to that, I heard the stepper motor (SM) is noisy or noisier than the Aircore one, not sure if that indirectly answer your response time question. On a side note, I appreciate the efforts by members here, Ford and Autometer for developing the new 5 SM gauges, but I think they fell way short on the SM speedo and tach. Who wants to bet if this was an F150 issue they would have nipped it in the bud from the get go.

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
PM sent

lewishou

GT Owner
Feb 27, 2007
Atherton, CA
Jay,

I just sent funds via Paypal as well. Thanks.

Lewis

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Unit received 2 days ago....all good. Thanks again Jay.