Rally 10 drive from TX

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I am leaving Temple on Saturday Aug 22 at 7:00 AM and driving straight to Belleville (about 14 hours). I have talked to Hilo Dave, Silverbullitt and Spirit. I won't have been home for almost 3 months and need to get ready for Rally. I expect anyone coming to show up by my house on either Sunday Aug 23 or Monday Aug 24. Here is info on hotel: Drury Inn, 1118 Central Park Dr., O'Fallon, IL 62269. Direct phone number is 618-624-2211. Nice place, free internet, free breakfast, Starbuck's next door. Don't know rates. GT people have stayed there before and been happy.

When coming to St. Louis on I-44 from Oklahoma, the bridge across the Mississippi in downtown is being worked on, so as approaching St. Louis in Fenton, MO, take I-270 South towards Memphis, BUT stay on I-270 across the Jefferson Baracks bridge and pick up I-255 to I-64 East towards Louisville. More coming.

Drury hotels just named #2, Behind Ritz, as a best place to stay. Recommend it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Here is info on hotel: Drury Inn, 1118 Central Park Dr., O'Fallon, IL 62269. Direct phone number is 618-624-2211. Nice place, free internet, free breakfast, Starbuck's next door....

Drury hotels just named #2, Behind Ritz, as a best place to stay. Recommend it.

A few of stayed there a couple of nights in 2010 on the way to Rally V at Raleigh/VIR - It is a very nice facility, lodging was superb.

PS - Frank is a very good host!!!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ok, here is the info from dbtgt. Double Tree-Warren place hotel, 6100 South Yale Ave, Tulsa. 74136. Phone 918-495-1000. Dave said great place one mile off of I-44,covered by parking, good food. You guys should book for Sunday night meet up and then 6 hours to my house on Monday.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Texas mongrel we need to know what you're doing.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
We' re in, just was waiting on all details getting resolved. Haven't seen any firmed-up route etc. should I book the Tulsa hotel? How many are going to the Houston lunch on July 25th? We could discuss there.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I will be at Houston lunch. You should book Tulsa and oral on, il hotels.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
OK, so Doubletree Tulsa on the 23rd and Drury Inn O'Fallon on the 24th? Looks like three easy days, 4-500 miles per day

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Mongrel, coordinate with Silverbullitt to meet them in Dallas with Byeenzo. Can give you info in Houston next weekend at lunch.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
PS - please don't anyone tell StormCat about our plans. The last time he was a
T my house the chihuahuas were nervous.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Hotels booked. Don't be dissing Brian - he sold me his spare set of harness brackets so I could run Big Bend this year.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Mongrel we could meet Houston folks in Tulsa or Denton to get past D/FW. Dr Frank and Spirit should be at the lunch on Sat.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I'm trailering my car up next week to the GT Guys but will be driving it back from Rally so hopefully will run with you guys on way back

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
OK, I'm all set. Got a room in Tulsa on Sunday night. Only 5 hrs from here so I may just hoof it up there in the afternoon on Sunday and meet the rest of the gang. Also all set for Monday night in O'Fallon, IL at the Drury. The following Saturday the 29th, I'm making a long run to the Drury Inn in Springfield, MO. Then home Sunday to DFW. Gotta get back to work Monday unfortunately.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
I made reservations at the Drury in O'Fallon and plan to drive up with y'all. I live just south of Springfield MO so could join your happy caravan as you come by...or could meet you in Springfield. There is a GREAT Frozen Custard place called Andy's not that far south of I-44 so it could be a good refreshment stop.

Let me know your preferences. I will not be driving the GT as my wife is joining me for her first ever Rally so we are having the car shipped. Will be in an SUV but promise to keep up.....

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Let me know your preferences. I will not be driving the GT as my wife is joining me for her first ever Rally so we are having the car shipped. Will be in an SUV but promise to keep up.....

Hey Jack that's great. Sign her up for the cooking class and she will get to meet the ladies and they all seem to love the experience.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Ok, I have the Tulsa and IL rooms booked. Ready to party.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN

Hey Jack that's great. Sign her up for the cooking class and she will get to meet the ladies and they all seem to love the experience.

Great news Jack! That is fantastic your wife will be able to attend.
Looking forward to seeing you again.
And if you need me to unload your GT in Detroit......feel free to give me a call.:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hotels booked, GT serviced, ready to go.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Hotels booked, GT serviced, ready to go.

Do you need your Lago Vista room on the 22nd?

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do you need your Lago Vista room on the 22nd?

Probably, will call to discuss, that way we can run together to Tulsa.
Always fun to travel with the Bullitt.:thumbsup