ClearPlex Windshield Film Review

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Whats next? Are you going to start a new thread about bottle holders for Frank?

Now we're talkin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Trent -

As you have some preformed pieces, is it possible that you could buy the sheet material from ClearPlex, and then make new preformed items, using yours as guides?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
jeeeeez Kittycat, you just woke up?

This is a vue deja Been there, done that.

Whats next? Are you going to start a new thread about bottle holders for Frank?

Oh... .. now that hurts Mike !!!:biggrin

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I am in Calgary and would like to get my windshield filmed this summer, how do I get in touch with you?

You can pm me here or call me on my cell at 403-540-4460.

Trent, You are the man when it comes to Films etc.. You should take the lead. I wanted this 8 years ago when it didn't exist for the GT. Now it does and I have been out of the loop on the latest film and forming etc,,, Slap the puck my friend and help the guys out .:biggrin.
With that said I understand from my last conversation with the guys at Clearplex they have evolved the adhesive for better visibility. I would be in for a new back up unit.

I put a call in yesterday regarding a new batch I do have a couple left in stock but like you mentioned the adhesive will dry out over time as it has a shelf life. I don't have a problem using them as a back up on my own car but if we are going to get a few we may as well get a fresh batch. I will know more on Monday as to timeline, current volume pricing etc.

Trent -

As you have some preformed pieces, is it possible that you could buy the sheet material from ClearPlex, and then make new preformed items, using yours as guides?

I could do that if I didn't already have one on me mine. Don't want to heat a new skin on top of the old one and possibly disturb it. Buying them pre-formed is the best way to go.

Cheers
Trent

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Trent sign me up !

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
I am interested too. Thanks

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Put me on the list if you are successful in getting a new batch! Thanks

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Me too, as I've been unsuccessful getting clear plex in my area.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I count 10 units so far.

Surely there is more interest.

Although, I'm also sure one inhibitor is the idea of laying film on a windshield that is not pristine.

Can anyone speak to the pros and cons of film on a windshield that has some years of sandblast on it?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
We will probably have more interest once I pin down some numbers, should know more tomorrow.

I have done older windshields that have pitting and, although still visible, the skin still does a good cover up.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'm in too.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
That's my apprehension Gary. My glass is very good but not perfect featuring 1 pencil head sized chip :(

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Steve if you have the chip filled/repaired before the skin goes on it will be fine. :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Count me in Trent if your able to get new skins. Tomy Hamon

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Trent,

What tends to be the shelf life for the product, to the point you would not use for a customer.
Is it worth buying a spare, or would you plan on a new shield every 6-7 years, with better tech incorporated.
Definitely interested in one.

Thanks,

Bruce

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I'm in if I can find an installer

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I drove at night for the first time with the Clearplex. Ugh.

I hope this stuff peels off easily. Daytime is bad. Night is intolerable.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Get the local Rep involved, call Clearplex if you don't know who it is. Things are not right. Granted perfect conditions, looked pretty good in their booth the several times Ive seen it at SEMA.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I had to get a few shots of the psychedelic light show before I take the film off. Imagine these effects at night. :ack

5D3_9909.jpg

5D3_9912.jpg

5D3_9916.jpg

5D3_9919.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
StormCat is totally right for once, and not telling his usual kitty tales. He set up the group buy for us and I bought two-one as a spare. I hada window tinet guy do it and it is damn near perfect after all these years. I had mine installed by window tint guy November, 2007 and unless I tell you it's there, or show you the edges, you would never guess. It has saved my windshield numerous times. I hope the shelf life on my spare is a long time.
I hate to admit it ,but I did the same as Frank and bought 2 I too still have my original on since 2006.I had my window friend install mine .Still looks great ,but I am going to replace this year with my extra one