Complete Rally Exhaust Compilation

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Can be viewed here. Try just clicking and listening and see which one you like best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qCvbsHAHDc

In order:

Stock - Manny, #1418
Borla - Florida Chris
Accufab - Bony
Bob Ida - barondw
Tubi - John Gourley
Full FRPP w/headers - Shoboat

It actually turned out to sound pretty realistic through a decent set of computer speakers. I have to say, if you close your eyes, and watch it without pre-judging or anything, I think the Accufab sounds the best. It still may be a little loud for some. The full FRPP is only for the hardcore, and I think the Borla alone is good for someone looking for a louder car at WOT only, and it has the best looking tips. Tubi sounds the most exotic. Thanks for lining them up.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yup, your spot on :biggrin

50 BMG

Aug 3, 2005
AZ
FRPP rear exit = wicked. Love to hear that at idle with some crower stage 3 supercharged cams :eek

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thx, for putting this together.. Will be very helpful when it comes time to choose the exhaust..

Bart Carter

GT Owner
Mar 12, 2006
Las Vegas
So I guess I'm out of luck in finding an exhaust that is 50 lbs lighter, but has the stock sound level. :frown

Red Rocket

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2006
Pacific North West
rear exit headers

I assume this is part # M-9430-GTX. That sounds the best to my ears and the most like the original race car (FYI the Duke Publishing video has a test of Ford's museum GT40 and it sounds like this, just fabulous).

That exhaust system is listed at Ford as "not for street use". What I'd like to know is does it eliminate the cats altogether? If so does that mean you need to recalibrate the ECU or make any other adjustments? Also, can the owner of this car or one like it provide decibel levels at various RPM comparing it to stock? Because that exhaust sounds fantastic to me but if it's so loud that it's undriveable in the real world I guess I'll have to go another route. I love my stock car but the fact is, its too damn quiet sometimes. As the hog riders say, "Loud pipes save lives". :wink

Last edited:

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
I think Barons Bob Ida System sounds really kick ass (the Accufab aswell). I think its being different from the screaming ferraris, and very masculine and American.

Guys, life the FRPP direct is way too much to use the car in normal conditions...

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
Thanks guys for putting the show on!!

Does sound sweet cranked on the pc.
DBK you do some great work. After that display they all sound cool but I love my Accufab pipe!

uniesse

GT Owner
Jun 23, 2006
Tubi vs. X pipe

Great job with the video! Thanks!

I really like the X pipe and the Tubi but can't decide. I have the Tubi on my F430 and love the sound but I'm not sure how it would sound on the GT!

Any thoughts!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
uniesse said:
Great job with the video! Thanks!

I really like the X pipe and the Tubi but can't decide. I have the Tubi on my F430 and love the sound but I'm not sure how it would sound on the GT!

Any thoughts!
Would like to have the sound of the X Pipe with the looks of the Tubi [megaphone exit out the back]. Saw John's at the rally & looks sooooo goooood,
but I reallllllly like the sound of the X Pipe - HOW CAN I GET BOTH??
Accufab are you there?
How bout it?

Accufab

Mar 14, 2006
Did you ask, "How can I get both?" I would like an inexpensive woman that looked like Heather Locklear, can I get both?

Ughh, no.

George

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Accufab said:
Did you ask, "How can I get both?" I would like an inexpensive woman that looked like Heather Locklear, can I get both?

Ughh, no.

George
George,
You can not put a megaphone type tip on your X- Pipe and still get your existing sound?
If you don't mind me asking, why is that not possible?
Thanks,
Fred

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2006
Very nice

Thank you for putting the clip together and for those that shared their gal

Shadowman

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Bart Carter said:
So I guess I'm out of luck in finding an exhaust that is 50 lbs lighter, but has the stock sound level. :frown

I'm also looking for an alternative to the stock set up... I like the stock sound level just fine, but it's too much weight and residual heat back there for me. My thought is to get an Accufab X pipe, and install short resonators, baffles or mufflers in the straight portion that exits the rear facia panel... not sure how much room is back there for such a modification, but by itself, the a-fab x is too loud for me. :frown

I actually e-mailed a-fab about it last week, but hav not had any response thus far. :bored

mardyn

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Kenetic Speed Shop

I Just installed Kinetic H-pipe to my GT and it sounds great and looks even better after heating up. Removed only the Stock muffler and installed the HPipe and love it. It looks great and allows plenty of circulation around the rear of the GT. Took only 2 hrs to install. Is street legal from the cats back. No problemo that I can see and now it has SOUND LIKE IT SHOULD. Rick Titus told me " Its a great car but has no sound as a Ford GT should" Paid $2150 from Kinetic in Buford, Georgia. Ask for Chad. First class speed shop. Tomy Hamon :banana

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Bart Carter said:

No the Ida exhaust can be tuned to what ever sound level you would like. Mine has been cut down somewhat.

Dave

teflon

Nov 11, 2005
DBK,

The FRPP exhaust & headers is Shoboat's.

Greg A

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
There we go, thanks Teflon!

Shoboat

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 23, 2005
Toledo Ohio
racing exhaust

Red Rocket said:
I assume this is part # M-9430-GTX. That sounds the best to my ears and the most like the original race car (FYI the Duke Publishing video has a test of Ford's museum GT40 and it sounds like this, just fabulous).

That exhaust system is listed at Ford as "not for street use". What I'd like to know is does it eliminate the cats altogether? If so does that mean you need to recalibrate the ECU or make any other adjustments? Also, can the owner of this car or one like it provide decibel levels at various RPM comparing it to stock? Because that exhaust sounds fantastic to me but if it's so loud that it's undriveable in the real world I guess I'll have to go another route. I love my stock car but the fact is, its too damn quiet sometimes. As the hog riders say, "Loud pipes save lives". :wink

I let the dealer do the install. The cats are gone. When you put your leg in it sounds like a freight train on steroids. Being a former professional sports car racer, I need the sound. Reminds me of the good old days racing GT 350's in the 60's. I also have a Harley hot rod [95 hp]with drag pipes. When I kick it, I want to make a statement. It's a bad ass sound.
Shoboat [ now you know how I got the name ]

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Hey Mister Murray, let's see if we can clear up you screen name issues. I'm gonna cut everything after Shoboat off your name so from now on log in as "Shoboat" only. Same password. Let me know you read this and I'll do it as soon as you say "yes".