Complete Rally Exhaust Compilation

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
there is a definite difference, very enjoyable. The reason for the 15lb pulley is the 91 octane here in California.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
there is a definite difference, very enjoyable. The reason for the 15lb pulley is the 91 octane here in California.

I am in Northern CA, where abouts are you?

How does the car feel compared to the stock blower?

Any before and after dyno numbers?

Many people have the 19 lbs pulley with 91 octane and are doing fine with that combination, but I guess it will depend on how you intend to run the car. One forum member has the 19 lbs system and will be on the track this weekend. I can wait to get the report on how well that works with 91 octane on the track.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I'm in SanClemente, I don't race the car at all, I basically enjoy working on the car and doing cruises to local car shows. I'm an old street rodder at heart. Sometimes I get home from the shows a little quicker than I should.

Aug 25, 2006
First of all; the 19PSI pulley properly tuned for CA 91 = fine.

Now as for the Stainless Works exhaust.

I have shared to many my feelings on the system and in the end for most it comes down to sound more than anything. Certainly there are many side bar benefits such as being much lighter, it results in much cooler engine bay temperatures and then add to this the cool looks factor of the headers; OMG.

Now back to the sound; I personally like an aggressive exhaust however I also like to be able to operate the gal in such a manner so as to have her accepted by the masses when need be with heavy emphasis on the local constables.

I can share that when driven with a light foot she causes no issues with the local constables “HOWEVER” if you put your foot into her and truly begin to exercise her all bets are off; it is at that very moment that she becomes a beast and loud. Now I have one customer that enjoys the system but would like to temper it a bit as such I have asked about the cones used however even without them he said that he smiles every time he fires her up and goes for a drive.

Now do I feel the system is for everyone; “NO” and I have said so to many however after speaking to many I have recommended it feeling certain that their experience will be similar to mine.

Lastly; if considering a cat back then I would recommend the AccuFab as I had and enjoyed it however if you want a cat back with a bit more style when it comes to the tips then one of the others such as Heffner would be the direction I would suggest however if you want an exhaust that looks stunning with many secondary benefits while offering a tolerable and aggressive sound all in one package there is no doubt that the Stainless Works is my exhaust of choice.

BTW: Stainless Works now has a separate part number for the rear “H” pipe if you are going with the rear bumper delete. With my blessing they took the custom “H” pipe as I installed them on Bony and my gal and have made them available to all that ask. The style of the “H” pipe for Bony and me mimics what the ass of the gal would have looked like in the 60’s with the tips pointing in a bit and down as if exiting for the header layout from days gone past. I remember when Denis aka The GT Guys first saw my gal he smiled ear to ear and said “wow” now that looks great !!

Takes care

Shadowman

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
This past weekend we installed a STILLEN exhauston my car as well as a friend of mines gt Rob. I debated over several brands.Must say I am very,very happy with the look and sound!!!Rob and I have not stopped smiling!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I installed the Ford Racing Performance Parts full rear exit header exhaust system (P/N M-9430-GTX), which has an EGR port at the end of the passenger side header, an O2 sensor port at each header collector, and final O2 sensors right after the racing mufflers. I have gotton no engine malfunction indications with this system, so I wonder if they may have put some palladium catalyst in the racing mufflers as an alternative to the cats.

Additionally, the removal of the OEM muffler, cat pipes with flanges, and cast iron manifolds and replacement with the M-9430-GTX exhaust system reduces the weight by 70 to 90 pounds. Feels like maybe 25-40 hp gain.

When standing on it, there is no doubt that from the volume that this is a full race exhaust system. Yet, at constant throttle, and mild acceleration, it is not noticable in the enclosed cockpit. I'm very happy with both the tone and the loudness factors.

The system is made for FRPP by Borla in Oxnard, CA, and they sent me the original installation manual as a 8 page PDF file, which shows all the installation photos in color, and they can be blown up full screen as they obviously were taken in high resolution digital form. If anyone would like to have a copy, I'll send it to you. Contact me at rlehots@aol.com

Ralphie

PS - the tips on its exhaust pipes are also much better looking

Last edited:

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
I'm in SanClemente
Paul,

Have we met?

Jay
GTsaver
San Clemente, CA
(949) 366-1211

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
Paul,

Have we met?

Jay
GTsaver
San Clemente, CA
(949) 366-1211

not yet, I have the red, whipple, stainless exhaust

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I installed the Ford Racing Performance Parts full rear exit header exhaust system (P/N M-9430-GTX), which has an EGR port at the end of the passenger side header, an O2 sensor port at each header collector, and final Cat sensors right after the racing mufflers. I have gotton no engine malfunction indications with this system, so I wonder if they may have put some palladium catalyst in the racing mufflers as an alternative to the cats.

Contact me at rlehots@aol.com

Ralphie

PS - the tips on its exhaust pipes are also much better looking

I guess I spoke too soon regarding the engine malfunction light...for after about 500 miles, the yellow indicator came on, indicating the Cats were malfunctioning (true - since they were removed). In talking with the FRPP people at the SAAC Convention in Salt Lake City, they said that a correction to eliminate the light can be obtained from Dallas Mustang Parts, Dallas, TX, 75238, (800) MUS-TANG. In my case, I ran 110 octane leaded gas at the track at Miller Motorsports Park, where the lead destroys the O2 and Cat sensors, and turns off the light. A simple solution, but I purchased new ones in case the original system ever has to go back in the car.

Ralphie

Last edited:

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Heffner

:willy Got the Ida off and the Heffner on. The IDA was about to fall off. No nuts. What a good looking piece. The Heffner whistles when cold....maybe the baffles?

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
I have the Heffner and absolutely love the look and sound.

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
Baffles??

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Baffles??

No, I understand it completely.

Shoboat

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 23, 2005
Toledo Ohio
Hey Mister Murray, let's see if we can clear up you screen name issues. I'm gonna cut everything after Shoboat off your name so from now on log in as "Shoboat" only. Same password. Let me know you read this and I'll do it as soon as you say "yes".

Go for it Dave. I just it on youtube.com he,he We made the BIG time.

dhbydesign

Aug 21, 2007
re

I assume this is part # M-9430-GTX. That sounds the best to my ears and the most like the original race car (FYI the Duke Publishing video has a test of Ford's museum GT40 and it sounds like this, just fabulous).

That exhaust system is listed at Ford as "not for street use". What I'd like to know is does it eliminate the cats altogether? If so does that mean you need to recalibrate the ECU or make any other adjustments? Also, can the owner of this car or one like it provide decibel levels at various RPM comparing it to stock? Because that exhaust sounds fantastic to me but if it's so loud that it's undriveable in the real world I guess I'll have to go another route. I love my stock car but the fact is, its too damn quiet sometimes. As the hog riders say, "Loud pipes save lives". :wink

ford has the borla exhaust that is street legal and not street legal, its just not listed... if you ask for it, but they do not have tubes or headers that are

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Does anyone know what the set up is int tne last car? It has the right sound to me--LOUD.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Does anyone know what the set up is int tne last car? It has the right sound to me--LOUD.

'Don't recall which one that is, but if you really want LOUD - what you want is Ford Racing's 'straight thru' header system (for track use) regardless.

With that setup, you'll be saying, "HUH????", a lot in your future years ... guaranteed.:willy

(I just checked. The last one WAS the 'Racing setup!!!)

Last edited:

Shoboat

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 23, 2005
Toledo Ohio
racing

The last car on the video is mine. " loud pipes makes your adrenlin flow" the are the Ford Racing Headers. Their only loud when you stand on it, sounds like a freight train on steroids. Absolutely awesome! I love it!!!!!!:biggrin:banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The last car on the video is mine. " loud pipes makes your adrenlin flow" the are the Ford Racing Headers. Their only loud when you stand on it, sounds like a freight train on steroids. Absolutely awesome! I love it!!!!!!:biggrin:banana

Hey, 'boat, do the local law types bug you at all? 'Ever ticketed for noise?

How about the smog inspection crapola?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'm running shadowman's stainless works headers into short cats.
I passed the smog test on the dyno. If I nail the car it is loud and will get any cops attention. Of course to get their attention it would mean violating a law or two. I never break the laws of man or nature.