Complete Rally Exhaust Compilation

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Best sound

Guys,

just received my car with a new carboceramic clutch and the catless steel FRPP headers installed, into my Borla.

Boy, that sound rocks ! MMMUUUUCCCHHHH better than Borla alone. I think now I am just right, between city drivability and bad ass sound, when opening the throttle. The car also makes a beautiful sound around 4300rpm, beauutifullll !

Just what I wanted, you can drive it in a suit, and then you hit it and it turns into a deep Bass Baritone GT Stradale, clearly very, very Americano.!

Love it,

will try to file later on a soundfile for you guys.

cheers from Italy (boy, are they all scared of me now here)

Stefan

everetto

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2006
Desert Southwest
THamonGT said:
I Just installed Kinetic H-pipe to my GT and it sounds great and looks even better after heating up.
My Kinetic system is on the way!

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
any pics or info the Kinetic system? How loud (or quiet) is it? Costs?

mardyn

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Don't know how this came unstuck.

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey Loud Boy,

I tried that but it was too much noise... :eek I then put the stock muffler back on, but stayed with the headers - AND that Rocks if you ask me.

Just listen to that WHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH at DRIVE_BY

(It's my Sweden vid..:)

SLF360 said:
Guys,

just received my car with a new carboceramic clutch and the catless steel FRPP headers installed, into my Borla.

Boy, that sound rocks ! MMMUUUUCCCHHHH better than Borla alone. I think now I am just right, between city drivability and bad ass sound, when opening the throttle. The car also makes a beautiful sound around 4300rpm, beauutifullll !

Just what I wanted, you can drive it in a suit, and then you hit it and it turns into a deep Bass Baritone GT Stradale, clearly very, very Americano.!

Love it,

will try to file later on a soundfile for you guys.

cheers from Italy (boy, are they all scared of me now here)

Stefan

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jason,

maybe too much for quiet Denmark. Not too much at all to shut up the noisy Italians, buddy ! :biggrin

Very streetable. You should bring a set of direct thru exhausts, that is too much, I would agree. but the headers into the Borla , sweet,soo sweet.

I like my cars like my girls.... Louder, baby ! <Who's your daddy !!??? Bony who ???>:biggrin :biggrin

Stefan

css 290

GT Owner
Sep 6, 2006
Mobile, Alabama
Muffler Drone

I just installed the Accufab X pipe, but the bass drone inside the cabin between 2,000 rpm and 3,000 rpm is incredibly loud and painful---ears hurt for 24 hours. Tried ear plugs and got some relief, but still felt it later. Must be a sympathetic vibration transfer. Has anyone had this problem? It seems to me that sound deadening material such as Dynamat on the inside of the bulkhead/firewall might help this situation. Otherwise, if I can't install some baffles to eliminate this, I will have a beautiful sculpture to put flowers in.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
This is the 1st I have heard of the problem. I know another owner with a Accufab in my area I will have to hear it for myself and see. I am planning on getting Accufab, Ida, or Heffner system. The main reason would be to drop 40 or 50 pounds off of the back end. The Heffner is in the lead, because of the tips and replaceable baffles.

BlackICE

mydogwashere

GT Owner
Dec 11, 2006
Full FRPP w/headers Installation Cost?

Anyone have an idea what a fair price is for installing Full FRPP w/headers?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I just installed the Accufab X pipe, but the bass drone inside the cabin between 2,000 rpm and 3,000 rpm is incredibly loud and painful---ears hurt for 24 hours. Tried ear plugs and got some relief, but still felt it later. Must be a sympathetic vibration transfer. Has anyone had this problem? It seems to me that sound deadening material such as Dynamat on the inside of the bulkhead/firewall might help this situation. Otherwise, if I can't install some baffles to eliminate this, I will have a beautiful sculpture to put flowers in.

Just saw your post, I have zero drone, are the bolts all snug?

Dirk P

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 18, 2006
Orlando Florida
Best of Both Worlds

I think I have figured out the solution to the GT exhaust. I have installed Electric Cut-outs and another set of tips. First I changed the stock exhaust to the Ford/borla. This was nice for a while, added a better sound and did a little for the performance. I was kicking around the idea of changing to the Ford racing exhaust like PikoJoes. I heard his at a car show and damn its LOUD. I did not want mine to be that loud all the time. So I got with Larry Macedo of Macedo Motor Sports and we figured a way to install the Electric-Cut outs. Due to the limitation on space we had to install the cut-outs after the cats and just above the bend where the exhaust ties into the Borla muffler. The new tips are angled down and you do not see them unless your on your knees looking under the car.

I will do my best to take a Video so everyone can hear what it sounds like.

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
coming to the wire re exhaust decision. two finalists are Stainless Works headers or Stillen exhaust w/ stock headers. Talked to timcantwell-great guy and good info. Last step is to talk w/someone who has the SW system. Anyone w/ the SW system please give me a call: 615-533-9368. I'm in desperate need of ear candy. Thanks in advance.

Aug 25, 2006
coming to the wire re exhaust decision. two finalists are Stainless Works headers or Stillen exhaust w/ stock headers. Talked to timcantwell-great guy and good info. Last step is to talk w/someone who has the SW system. Anyone w/ the SW system please give me a call: 615-533-9368. I'm in desperate need of ear candy. Thanks in advance.

We have spoken

Now the next conversation I suspect that it will be when we are working through the installation together

It was my pleasure

All the best

Shadowman

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
Shadowman. Already tried Jim @ SW. No answer. Probably taking looong weekend. Will call again Tues. Thanks again big time. Shadowman for President!!!!

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
The stainless works are really loud. You can almost knock people over when you go to WOT in neutral. I added vortex cones before the Cats. I find it still a little loud, but O.K. for driving in general.

road racer

GT Owner
May 22, 2007
Franklin, TN
paul b, thanks for the input. Really loud is OK. Years ago I used to go bowling so knocking over a few people sounds like a hoot. I have a really high thrill threshold.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
The stainless works are really loud. You can almost knock people over when you go to WOT in neutral. I added vortex cones before the Cats. I find it still a little loud, but O.K. for driving in general.

How much of a difference did the Vortex cones make?

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
I seem to think it's a little better while cruising, my wife also feels it's better. WOT is still a kick in the pants. You really have to be careful about who's near the car, especially small children.

paul b

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2006
As a post script, I put the whipple and 15lb. pulley on at the same time as the exhaust, this could make a difference, not sure.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
As a post script, I put the whipple and 15lb. pulley on at the same time as the exhaust, this could make a difference, not sure.

How much difference do you find with the 15 lbs pulley and Whipple? Why not a 17 or 19 lbs pulley?