Rally X Planning - SoCal, West (Left) Coast

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Hi Guys -

I was thinking it would be nice for a number of the Southern California GT owner's to get together to discuss and chat about various options for travel, shipment, etc. to National Rally X in Dearborn, MI. If, for nothing else, it will be nice to see everyone.

So, I'm proposing that we meet for lunch at Flo's, Chino Airport (http://www.floscafes.com/) for lunch. It's rather centrally located and probably inconvenient for everyone, which is likely a good thing.

Wednesdays are a nice midweek getaway, so I was thinking about April 1 or 8. Otherwise, if another day is a better choice, let's chat about it.

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
Either day works for me...........GO BLU

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Either day works for me...........GO BLU

Me too

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
Either date is "OK" with me too!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Let's set it for April 8 then - that way I won't have to hurry home that same day, and can spend some time with my kids.

I'll plan to get there around 11:00 - 11:30 am, so as to chat with others in the lot as they arrive.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
I'm going to try and make it Ralphie.

Vince H

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
I'll be there!!!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Bump - - -

Thought I would bump this thread for anyone else who might be able to make the lunch at Flo's -

Currently expressing interest are

George En... (Midnite Blu)
Jeff La... (PL510*Jeff)
Allen Be... (AMB)
Vince Ho... (Vince H)

It's not necessary to sign up for this, only to let others know that you may be there. If your plans change and you can make it, just show up!

Last edited:

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
It's time I met Flo.
I'm in.

AlohaGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 13, 2007
Honolulu, HI
Hi guys, I won't be able to do Flo but I'm interested in transporting my FGT from LA & back and would be great to share in the expense.

Thanks.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Hi Ralphie, wish I could be there but I have a company meeting. Please let me know the final details. Thanks

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hey Ralphie Boy,

Did you get snowed in? I assume Number 2 will not be at Flo's tomorrow unless you skedaddled out of there yesterday. :eek

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
See you tomorrow
Hey Ralphie Boy,

Did you get snowed in? I assume Number 2 will not be at Flo's tomorrow unless you skedaddled out of there yesterday. :eek

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I plan on getting there at 11:30 Jeff. Look forward to catchIng up my friend.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I'll be there, guys - but not in #2. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Great lunch today at Flo's Cafe (Chino Airport) - was great to see everyone - especially Susan and Vince's nice young kids.

3 GT's - George (Midnite Blu), Kevin (kgrgt) and my buddy Jeff (PL510*Jeff). I had brought my '66 Mustang down, but a blown Power Steering hose forced me to leave it at my daughter's house - so, I brought her 2007 Maserati coupe.

Thanks, everyone for showing up, and hop you had a good time too.

View attachment 37877

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks Ralphie! We had a great time. My son bartered a Flo's Cow cap out of me and has been wearing it proudly ever since. He thought the pilots coming in to grab a bite to eat and then back into their planes was "so cool". See you guys in Detroit.

Vince H

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
So did you guys plan anything or did you just eat?

Will some of you be driving to R 10?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
So did you guys plan anything or did you just eat?

Will some of you be driving to R 10?

Dave -

Alan would like to drive from San Diego, but will ship if he can't find a buddy to drive witb; Jeff will be driving from either Washington or Palm Springs; I'll be leaving early, around the 17th and taking a circuitous route; Vince will be shipping; George and son would like to drive, but might fly & rent; I don't think Kevin will be going....

Check with Alan, Jeff or George as they firm up their plans.

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks for the update, Ralphie.