How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I asked this I. The world car topic. I thought I'd seen somewhere that rhd was not part of the plan but can't find it now. The mirror image molds for the full interior would be a hit on such a low volume offering esp the structural tub

Totally agree Tony. There's a lot of extra work to engineer all that. The independent distributor who did my '06 and the others here took literally 6 months on each to convert, not counting all the time to tool up to do it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If they indeed have an entry for Le Mans (or Spa and the Nürburgring), it will most likely be a right-hand drive, as that is the preferred driver location on those racing circuits.

That might be the case. But engineering a few race versions in RHD is a lot different from putting out full road going versions, particularly as I said previously about government certifications and compliancing requirements.

True - yet race versions will likely require spare parts support, which hopefully would be interchangeable with the street cars. Just a thought....

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
If they indeed have an entry for Le Mans (or Spa and the Nürburgring), it will most likely be a right-hand drive, as that is the preferred driver location on those racing circuits.

Since most cars worldwide are manufactured with left-hand-drive, why don't they run these circuits backwards for 2 passenger car designs so the driver side is closest to the pits?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I would love to have one at MSRP. I have a hard time paying a large dealer mark up !! Helenor would stay with with me.. The Red car might go.. It was always a back up.. with only 700 miles on the clock I am not that attached to the Red Car..
The Silver GT with the gray stripes shown at Chicago would be a great color flop compliment to Helenor !!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I think my only shot at acquiring a new Ford GT is for Santa Margarita Ford to get an allocation in the last year of production. I'm in at up to 500K. And even if I don't get one I'm still thrilled that Ford is building it.

Chip

Longhorn

GT Owner
May 22, 2006
Houston
For sure at $200K, maybe at $300K, but not at $400K. I'm sure it will be good, I do want one, but that is ridiculous.

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
For sure at $200K, maybe at $300K, but not at $400K. I'm sure it will be good, I do want one, but that is ridiculous.

I am in your camp on this one. And the V6 thing bothers me a bit. Should've been a V8 turbo....but, will see what happens then the car does come out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ford is not dumb. At 400k there are at least 3 or 4 or more choices (note2). All but the Ford will be a depreciating asset iff(note 1) Ford wins at Lemans in 2016 or 2017(note 3)

Note 1: iff is a mathematical shortcut for "if and only if".

Note 2: the other choices are likely to be more comfortable to boot

Note 3: 2016 for 3 way 2 in or 2017 for all American

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Everything said and done you will be up to $480K+ up to who knows where.

Stupid money for a V6. Sorry. Carbon tub or not. Interior is blah. More Aventador/Enzo than GT40.

I'll buy a new GT3RS and be just as happy and have the $$$ left over in my pocket.

WhiteBirchFarm

Jan 14, 2015
Hey Brian

Tried to reach you for the races in St Pete this weekend but found out you are bouncing around the globe as usual. Will keep an eye out here since you recommended this site for accurate info on the new GT. Thanks for the use of the Night Flight II , your grandfather really knew how to build a ship. Give me a call when you get a chance going to check out that cobra outside Naples. Going to Miles collection as you suggested.

Thanks,

Peter Brant

I had posted I would like to see a production run of 500 units total to make it...should I say more exclusive. After reading the release from Geneva I am confident the bean counters have done their analysis thoroughly. My thoughts are this.

1. Can Multimatic produce the 250 GT's/year with their other commitments which I know nothing about? Someone mentioned the R racing units and I mentioned the 24 Asto Martin Vulcan units the other day. I'm sure they have a definite production schedule already.

2. How many people will want to be the first kid on the block with the new GT now matter the price of 400K?

3. How many will lose interest if Ford does not prove to be a winner on the track at some point?

4. If Ford had its own "ovens" what do you think the price could have been if they did not have Multimatic(vendor) doing the carbon fiber and assembly. (Based on a 375-399K price)

Would have liked Ford to amortize this over a number of years and spread the costs as Bret had posted. The 6 cylinder thing is still pulling me down.

5. When do you think we will get to read some track times? Those are the real numbers I am looking forward to.

BC

Ciao

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I are getting our finances in order, were selling the farm to purchase a new Ford GT!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 363

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Sue and I are getting our finances in order, were selling the farm to purchase a new Ford GT!

Tomy
What you want for that Model T?
You can keep the horse, we already got too many of them things.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Tomy, that made me laugh out loud! "...where the horses ride Fords" indeed!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Would you guys have paid $290,000 for a Ford Gt back in 2006?

Thats what the MSRP was for a Lamborghini Murcielago coupe.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
****** My rhetorical question above does not so much ask if you would have purchased the car but why? *****

The primary reason the '05-'06's sold was its performance value. Yes of course design, retro-history and sentiment was part of the equation. I don't believe most folks would have paid an extra $130k for sentiment Hell they balked at the '06 price increase.

This "FORD" represented a bargain next to it's peer group of the Enzo CGT, Murci and to a lesser extent Porsche.

But this new car is not a GT40, nor is it trying to be. The MMGT will be priced with the competition not well below it.

So if you are concerned about missing the IPO on this car because of the appreciation curve the last gen enjoyed, don't get bent about it. It may never happen.

Will it have historical importance and collectability. Possibly. Some well heeled folks will even have the 3 volume GT set.

Don't get the wrong idea I love the racecar FP is calling a "GT", I just don't see that it will have "value" of the FGT. Certainly I would like to own one. I wont be terribly upset if I don't.
Best, Bret.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I love the '05-06 GT but I would not have paid $290k for it then, nor would I pay that much now.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
I buy and sell cars for a living and have driven a lot of nice cars over the years. I have driven many exotics as well. The 458 and 599 were fun cars to drive but after you drive a car for a while a car is just a car (on normal streets). If you wanted to go racing why would you used our cars or even the new one because it would be a lot cheaper to use another type of car as your platform. I think our cars are as good as it gets for the street and it still brings back memories to many people. The young loves the car and you get plenty of attention driving it.

So IMO I think I would save your money and because after a few years a car is a car and it will not be that much better than what you have now. You also will have way more things to go wrong in the future. The cars we have now are pretty straight forward. Wait until the traction control light comes on or the check engine light blinks because shock light comes on. Trust me this stuff scared me half to death owning a F car.

Now if you have more money than you can spend and have to have the latest and geatest go for it but don't sell you GT to get one. I would sell my F-cars to get one if I had a collecton. I just own one car and it is the GT and I do not have money falling out of my pockets. I still work and support a family. My cars value is more than I make a year. I think my advise is good for both the money bags and the person who sold everything just own the first GT ...

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As I have stated, I think in this thread, in perhaps different words, I am interested in this car because its a Ford. I have 10 Fords currently, my Father has many more, so my interest in the 05-06 car was based on this. If you had asked me in 2002 if I thought I would have spent $15x k on a car, I would have told you, you were nuts. My interest in the 201x car, is because of this interest / disease. I have NEVER seriously considered any other cars in the class (F, Lambo, Mac etc etc etc). I quickly get overwhelmed by the thoughts of the next model coming, depreciation, the "right" time to buy etc. I'll just stick to these crappy Fords (ha ha)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
As I have stated, I think in this thread, in perhaps different words, I am interested in this car because its a Ford. I have 10 Fords currently, my Father has many more, so my interest in the 05-06 car was based on this. If you had asked me in 2002 if I thought I would have spent $15x k on a car, I would have told you, you were nuts. My interest in the 201x car, is because of this interest / disease. I have NEVER seriously considered any other cars in the class (F, Lambo, Mac etc etc etc). I quickly get overwhelmed by the thoughts of the next model coming, depreciation, the "right" time to buy etc. I'll just stick to these crappy Fords (ha ha)

Exactly

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...I have NEVER seriously considered any other cars in the class (F, Lambo, Mac etc etc etc). I quickly get overwhelmed by the thoughts of the next model coming, depreciation, the "right" time to buy etc. I'll just stick to these crappy Fords (ha ha)

I have always dreamed of a vintage race car (D-Type, 250 Testa Rossa, Tipo 61 Birdcage, GT40, etc.) but they are farther away from my ability to purchase than the new Ford GT. If I were to ever able to obtain any of them, they would never be sold - and would not be held as collector's items, as they would be used in the intent for which they were built - racing - and to let people see them in the action for which they were intended.