How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
At just 250 cars per year, I'm rapidly losing interest.

I very definitely won't pay 100K plus over list to get one which means I might, MIGHT, be in year 3 or four... Too long to wait...

Last edited:

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009
At just 250 cars per year, I'm rapidly losing interest.

I very definitely won't pay 100K plus over list to get one which means I might, MIGHT, be in year 3 or four... Too long to wait...

Agreed, plus who knows what cars the competition will be releasing at that time.

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
I had posted I would like to see a production run of 500 units total to make it...should I say more exclusive. After reading the release from Geneva I am confident the bean counters have done their analysis thoroughly. My thoughts are this.

1. Can Multimatic produce the 250 GT's/year with their other commitments which I know nothing about? Someone mentioned the R racing units and I mentioned the 24 Asto Martin Vulcan units the other day. I'm sure they have a definite production schedule already.

2. How many people will want to be the first kid on the block with the new GT now matter the price of 400K?

3. How many will lose interest if Ford does not prove to be a winner on the track at some point?

4. If Ford had its own "ovens" what do you think the price could have been if they did not have Multimatic(vendor) doing the carbon fiber and assembly. (Based on a 375-399K price)

Would have liked Ford to amortize this over a number of years and spread the costs as Bret had posted. The 6 cylinder thing is still pulling me down.

5. When do you think we will get to read some track times? Those are the real numbers I am looking forward to.

BC

Ciao

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Oh for a dollar, every time I heard heard about the 05-06, "ill wait and pick up one when they are out there for under $100k"....
Thats what Im waiting for with the new GT!

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
Another question to ponder: What if this thing bombs at the track and with the critics? Does that not only hurt its value but more importantly to most of us does it not hurt the value of OUR cars based on association?

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
375 with no IDM s
then id sell and buy my 2nd 05 - 06

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Stormbringer,

Elsewhere, you mentioned this quote from the Car and Driver article Tony posted a link to, since it is attributed to Mr. Pericak, it might be germane to this discussion;

"That’s why we know it’s going to be more limited in those who both want it and can afford it. In terms of the numbers, we’re just being realistic. If we get more requests for it, we’ll figure out how to fill them. But we believe we know what we’re going to sell based on the price point and what we’re hoping to achieve.”

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
They will not build more than 250 cars a year.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I took it as maybe extra years of production if demand was there.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I view it as unlikely they deviate from the plan. In my view, an extension of the program from the plan that exists today is counterproductive to what they intend to accomplish with it. A small amount of additional units is trivial.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
One additional dynamic. Extending the product cycle has little/no benefit to a race program. Technology in racing constantly moves forward, or rules change, making the current platform non competitive.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I'll buy one at MSRP, but that isn't going to happen.

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I view it as unlikely they deviate from the plan. In my view, an extension of the program from the plan that exists today is counterproductive to what they intend to accomplish with it. A small amount of additional units is trivial.

Then the whole thing is a nonstarter. The car will be unobtanium and after a while nobody will really care that much about the car. How many people truly think they will buy an original GT40?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Im in for a salvaged one from Andy

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Nope.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I think I can safely say there won't be any that end up on the street here in AUS. At the limited production and entry price(plus our exchange rate dropping to right where it was when I bought my '06), no one is going to take on a conversion here for right hook, even if they can buy one. Add to the fact for any conversion shop to justify all of the tooling up and parts costs they would need to do several cars. Think if I look at anything up coming it will be the 2015 Z06 for it's potential to modded. At least I can continue to enjoy my '06 and know it was truly a great value all around from day 1.

Last edited:

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I think I can safely say there won't be any that end up on the street here in AUS. At the limited production and entry price(plus our exchange rate dropping to right where it was when I bought my '06), no one is going to take on a conversion here for right hook, even if they can buy one. Add to the fact for any conversion shop to justify all of the tooling up and parts costs they would need to do several cars. Think if I look at anything up coming it will be the 2015 Z06 for it's potential to modded. At least I can continue to enjoy my '06 and know it was truly a great value all around from day 1.

Unlike the 05/06, the intent with the new one is for international sale. I would think FMC would manufacture a select number with RHD, no?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

If they indeed have an entry for Le Mans (or Spa and the Nürburgring), it will most likely be a right-hand drive, as that is the preferred driver location on those racing circuits.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
Unlike the 05/06, the intent with the new one is for international sale. I would think FMC would manufacture a select number with RHD, no?

I seriously doubt Ford would worry about going to the amount of effort required to put out a factory RHD with such limited production volumes to begin with. They would also have to go through all the associated government requirements in each RHD territory for what would be a handful of cars at best per annum. I can't see them picturing that as a worthwhile exercise.

If they indeed have an entry for Le Mans (or Spa and the Nürburgring), it will most likely be a right-hand drive, as that is the preferred driver location on those racing circuits.

That might be the case. But engineering a few race versions in RHD is a lot different from putting out full road going versions, particularly as I said previously about government certifications and compliancing requirements.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I seriously doubt Ford would worry about going to the amount of effort required to put out a factory RHD with such limited production volumes to begin with. They would also have to go through all the associated government requirements in each RHD territory for what would be a handful of cars at best per annum. I can't see them picturing that as a worthwhile exercise.

That might be the case. But engineering a few race versions in RHD is a lot different from putting out full road going versions, particularly as I said previously about government certifications and compliancing requirements.
I asked this I. The world car topic. I thought I'd seen somewhere that rhd was not part of the plan but can't find it now. The mirror image molds for the full interior would be a hit on such a low volume offering esp the structural tub