How many members will pay 400K and are interested in buying new GT..

Priced at ~$375k with ~1200 units produced, would you buy the new GT?

• Yes

Votes: 110 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 66 37.5%

• Total voters

2fast4u

FORD GT OWNER
Feb 9, 2006
MA and GA
As of today who here can get a new GT with 1000 Being built ???

I was hoping to get a new ford gt to go with my 05 but now that I know 250 a year with a total of 1000 cars .. I don't even think I know a dealer who is going to get one never mind sell it to me. I think 400k is going to be 550k to 750k to start and that is for the lucky ones.. Any one on this forum feeling lucky.. I am just sad and let down that they made a calculated effort to not give the guys on this forum a chance to own one.. my guess is 3 to 5 people may get one on this forum.. am I wrong????

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I will assert there is no difference in obtainability if production is 400, 300 or 250 per year. There aren't enough to go around to even the largest dealers. It will be interesting to see how the allocations (to US and foreign dealers) are divvied up.

You will likely stand a better chance of possessing one if you buy it in Europe or Asia.

Re: giving "forum owners" a shot: Ford knows about this forum, and if cars were to sell at MSRP, it is likely that forum members would snarf up at least two years worth of production. So "preferential" allocation is unlikely to happen.

Last edited:

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
How many of you will actually pay 400k for one and are interested in buying one and will pursue it??? lets see what the members who are active have to say.

Im in.. So that's 1

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I am also in (keeping my 2006). So that is 2

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm on a list, whatever that is worth. I'm even told I was the first. But the owner is zero. I doubt the car here will be available as I expect he will keep it for his own collection.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
You will likely stand a better chance of possessing one if you buy it in Europe or Asia.

Doubt it. More than two thousand written applications were received by Ford for the twenty-eight 2005 GTs that it sold in the UK.

Last edited:

HIRISC

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 14, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
If the MSRP is $400K and the production is limited to 250 units per year, the street price will vastly exceed that.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
The MSRP won't be $400K. Maybe with dealer mark up it may be. MSRP will be closer to $300K.

Ed

david b

GT Owner
Jun 10, 2010
cleveland ohio
I am in but I am bad judge. I have overpaid for cars my whole life!!!! Oh and BTW, I am proud of it!!!

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
The MSRP won't be $400K. Maybe with dealer mark up it may be. MSRP will be closer to $300K.

Ed

Nope, Raj said this week that the Aventedor was the price point car that the Ford GT would be competing against. New Avs run 441,000 out the door.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I agree, if " the powers that be" say the price will be Aventador range then that means 400K+ and people will be paying way over that for one with such a limited build.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
If the price was truly in the $400K range I would be in but I believe once these rare species of cars hit the market you will see numbers "twice" the sticker no matter what the sticker is and at that price, its way out of my league... Maybe I can just be lucky enough to have a "friend" that gets one....

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
7500 ford dealers worldwide....1000 cars...not very good odds of getting one. Most dealers will keep for themselves. but maybe after 3-4 years they may get bored and want to cash in.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I'm in but Mrs SteveA needs just a tad bit more convincing.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'm in but Mrs SteveA needs just a tad bit more convincing.

My Mrs too. I told her it was an automatic and had Sync so she could use her iPod. She is guessing it has less luggage space than the FGT.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Well, I'm pretty much screwed, LOL.

I'm just some schmuck who loves cars and talked my wife 7 years ago into letting me get a car we probably couldn't afford at the time (a decision I never regretted once). With only 1000 made, it'll be sold out instantly to every; A-list actor, Athlete, well known musician, Ford executive and their friends, Billionaire Oil Tycoons and the list goes on...

Bummer. M

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
As I've mentioned B4, I had all I could do to persuade myself to spend slightly under $200K for #1079 because, after all, in the end it was just a C-A-R...4 wheels, 4 tires, a body, 2 seats, an engine, a transaxle, etc., etc.

So, given that, it should come as no surprise that, at $400K (or whatever), extremely cheap Pockets isn't even considering buying a new GT - ASSUMING I could get my hands on one in the 1st place...and assuming I could get past the "V6" thing...either one of which is waaaaaaaaaaaay beyond 'real world' probability anyway.

I'm a very sick person...

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
My local dealer said if he gets one he's calling me. And I'll get it.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well, I'm pretty much screwed, LOL.

I'm just some schmuck who loves cars and talked my wife 7 years ago into letting me get a car we probably couldn't afford at the time (a decision I never regretted once). With only 1000 made, it'll be sold out instantly to every; A-list actor, Athlete, well known musician, Ford executive and their friends, Billionaire Oil Tycoons and the list goes on...

Bummer. M

It's not so much the total to be produced but the limited annual production. Each year there will be people who didn't get one that will become the primary suitors for next year's production (and by then, dealers WILL be taking wait list a year or more out). It'll be worse than the tail end of the Grand Canyon river trip wait list system before the lottery. Maybe Ford would do a weighted lottery:

Year 1, everyone starts with 1 point.

Year 2, everyone who didn't get a car in year 1 has two points. New people (if there are any slots not consumed) get one point.

Year three, three points for people who started year 1, two points for year two starters. And so on for year 4. At year 4's drawing, those who started in year 1 have 4 points.

One point means you get that many "chips with your name on it" when the drawing occurs. The weighted would thus "favor" those who stuck with it.

After the drawing, should any vehicle go unclaimed there are subsequent drawings. They are not automatic, notice is given to all, but people have to specifically sign up.

This is how the new GT weighted lottery works. I had 4 points going in, and with one of my dates not claimed and a new lottery on Thursday, I may very well go back in for another shot. That's how I picked up my last trip.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And I'll get it.

...IF you'll pay his ADM. :wink