Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Most of us will never even get a sniff of the new GT regardless of price. At the expected price point and low volume it will only increase the desire for the present GT in the future. IMO

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Expect the car to sell for well over 400k...and that most here will not see one for a very long time. Clearly, this car isn't about Ford making money...

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
AT 250 world wide, there might only be couple forum members who can get one. If any.

Disappointed yes , but I like their efforts to change the brand.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Yikes - only 250 annually worldwide. Crazy in my opinion not to satisfy at least some more of the demand, like 1000 units annually. Not looking good for many/most of us... With such low production, servicing them will be interesting too.

Last edited:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
At the expected price point and low volume it will only increase the desire for the present GT in the future. IMO

That's what my first thought was. Well, maybe my second, after the disappointment of realizing that I probably will not own the new one wore off. I would sure think that the value of our generation of FGTs is assured for the foreseeable future.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Yes agreed... so let's keep enjoying them regardless of which direction the investment flows..,,

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I believe I read they were going to manufacture these for 5 years at 250 per year, that's 1250 total production. Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll sell 99 percent in the USA so we have a chance to see one even if we can't afford one. Hopefully, they won't all end up in someone's private museum, never to be seen except by the owner, collecting dust, and never to be driven.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
What is the significance (per the link) that the twitter note was removed? Is it still 250 units or was the announcement deemed premature?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I believe I read they were going to manufacture these for 5 years at 250 per year, that's 1250 total production. Maybe we'll be lucky and they'll sell 99 percent in the USA so we have a chance to see one even if we can't afford one. Hopefully, they won't all end up in someone's private museum, never to be seen except by the owner, collecting dust, and never to be driven.

I know I said this in an earlier post somewhere about the new car, but very few will be driven. Yes, there will be the exception but most will sit in collections or in garages. I do think Ford is smart only producing 1000 or so total over a few years. When you get in that price range there better be extreme exclusivity. I think if they made many more than that they would be sitting around at $400K+. As much as we won't one, I don't think there are a few thousand people forking out 400K+ for a V6 when you have the Aventador, 488, etc.

Like someone said earlier....Lamborghini and Ferrari Dealers and Shops can work on any and all of the cars they produce. This is not the case for our car and especially the new GT. Which exclusive Ford dealership will be able to service? There will be more places to get your Ferrari or Lamborghini worked on than Ford.

Kudos to Ford for raising the bar and making such an exclusive vehicle. Hey, it can do nothing but help the value of our old gals!!!!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
...............now it's just curb weight and HP.....?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
In an effort to hold the price and demand to a minimum, I'm going to start a rumor that the resin Multimatic uses for the carbon fiber tub and body panels causes impotence in men over 50. That won't make a difference to guys like Xcentric, but it's still worth a shot.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Even though it was not likely that I would be a 2016 FGT buyer anyway I still for some reason - as an all out Ford guy at heart - am disappointed to hear that the car is priced the way it is ......

I still believe Ford should have priced lower, built more - and really made a strong statement that Ford will beat anything even at an affordable Price ....

:cheers
Anders

Last edited:

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Most of us will never even get a sniff of the new GT regardless of price. At the expected price point and low volume it will only increase the desire for the present GT in the future. IMO

I agree. My first reaction was " holy crap!" It will be interesting to see who buys these rare birds. I may have to liquidate several things before I can consider one. ( even if I could even get one allocated.)

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
In an effort to hold the price and demand to a minimum, I'm going to start a rumor that the resin Multimatic uses for the carbon fiber tub and body panels causes impotence in men over 50. That won't make a difference to guys like Xcentric, but it's still worth a shot.

And in conjunction that horrible potential malaise, I am planning to provide a anti-virus vaccination, for of course, a nominal fee. :wink

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

I don't care WHO y'are - 'at thar's FUNNY right thar! :thumbsup:thumbsup :lol

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
At least I will be able to drive DBK’S!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
I don't think Ford is overpricing the car. Look at the car... full carbon chasis, dual clutch, adaptive aero, air-to-air intercooler (no heat soak)... really the ultimate car. It's benchmark was the 458 but it is really running against the laFerrari. It's a bargain at $450,000. If I had the scratch I'd buy two. Good on Ford.

**endorsement made, please FGT as payment.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
If $400 is the number the F-488 V8 will be the competition.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
I wonder when they will finally announce the official MSRP, volume, etc?