Geneva

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The Mark III is Chassis number GT40M3/1107
It belongs to Ford and is part of their heritage collection based at Dagenham in the UK along with GT40P/1008

It started life as a Silver car, was subsequently painted white and very recently red. It used to be Walter Hayes' company car. I'm lucky enough to have driven it at both on the road and at Ford's Dunton Tech Centre.

Thank you -

I've tried to keep track of which Mark III's I've seen, and didn't recall this red one - but I have quite a few pictures of it when it was white.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
They have a silver MKIII on display at the Petersen Museum - if anyone is interested. Last time I saw it they had a silver 2005 sitting next to it.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
They have a silver MKIII on display at the Petersen Museum - if anyone is interested. Last time I saw it they had a silver 2005 sitting next to it.

Yes - here it is at Pebble beach a few years ago

View attachment 37578

View attachment 37579

And there is a blue one at Miller Motorsports Park Museum

View attachment 37577

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
This is GT40M3/1103 - in original White, and now is Marroon -

View attachment 37580

View attachment 37581

Here is Ford of Britain's GT40M3/1107 in White -

View attachment 37582

and a photo from 1967 - not sure which number it is -

View attachment 37583

View attachment 37584

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Your last picture above shows our very own MartynL at the wheel.

http://www.carguychronicles.com/2011/10/ford-gt40-mk-iii-mayhem-in-manhattan.html

Last edited:

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello.
I had to go see the new Ford GT in Geneva this Friday, 6, and meet some of you.
Unfortunately, the plane failed and the flight was canceled!
I took my ticket for Tuesday, March 10.
Maybe one of you will be there.

Best regards.

Francis (Saint Ho).

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Always nice to see my old pix. That's actually Bill Kolb behind the wheel in those shots. He had the MK III at Gotham Ford in NYC and he and I spent a day driving it around NYC and to the outer boroughs. I'm still amazed that we didn't end up in jail that day! Could've bought it or a couple of others Ford had in inventory for $5,300 each, they had trouble giving them away! It was the prototype and New York Auto Show car.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Much like today, you still would've had to sell your house to get it. The 60s, so quaint.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Always nice to see my old pix. That's actually Bill Kolb behind the wheel in those shots. He had the MK III at Gotham Ford in NYC and he and I spent a day driving it around NYC and to the outer boroughs. I'm still amazed that we didn't end up in jail that day! Could've bought it or a couple of others Ford had in inventory for $5,300 each, they had trouble giving them away! It was the prototype and New York Auto Show car.

Do you happen to know the Serial Number?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
there's one at the National Motor Museum in UK, sat next to a Cobra. The long noses look funny

Attachments

• 2036.jpg
    2036.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 148

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Hello Francis,

We will be there on Monday so unfortunatelly we are not going to meet. I hope it is worth it, maybe getting some contact information for us european guys on how to stay in contact.

Enjoy it

Matthias

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Banner would look great in a man cave.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Thanks for Ford UK and Switzerland for their great hospitality as usual. Star of the show really! Some detail shots shown just how nicely they've nailed it together :-

1I9F9813.jpg
1I9F0054.jpg
1I9F0052.jpg
1I9F0122.jpg
1I9F9816.jpg
1I9F9840.jpg
1I9F9854.jpg
1I9F9866.jpg

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Hello Francis,

We will be there on Monday so unfortunatelly we are not going to meet. I hope it is worth it, maybe getting some contact information for us european guys on how to stay in contact.

Enjoy it

Matthias

Hello Mathias.

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, I can not move my trip to Geneva on Monday to see you there. Enjoy your visit.
So we shall meet on another occasion, and at the latest, at Le Mans Classic 2016, that I am actively preparing.

I communicate regularly with about forty european enthusiasts of the Ford GT, sending them informations, grouped by email. It is a method adapted to the small size of our group.
Thank you to send me your email address, if you like me to add it to my list.

Best regards.

Francis.

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
The plane having kindly accepted to take off from Paris, I just discovered the new Ford GT in Geneva, last Tuesday.
It was a sweet and delicious meeting.

As many have said, the blue car is even more attractive in real life than in photos.

The forms of this beauty irresistibly invited me to caress her lovingly. But, unfortunately I have not been allowed to do so, or to open the door.
So I spent a very long time to examine and detail her, with the very demanding look of the Architect and incidentally Art dealer I am.

It may seem incredible, but I have found not any fault.
I am pleased to extend warm congratulations to the design team for their remarkable work.

Aesthetically, the new Ford GT is incredibly over its competitors.

Many of the "super cars" of the moment are artificially dressed with conventional signs of performance or aggressiveness. For the most of them, they become as ridiculous and vulgar as women too much covered with make-up.
Nothing like that with the new Ford GT.
Very quickly, the shape smells the purity and the truth. Everything is balanced, harmonious and remarkably at the right place.

Its only (little) flaw in my opinion, is the absence of any space for luggage. But I understood that she is a pure track car, incidentally put on the road, probably for reasons of approval.

This does not prevent me to confirm that I absolutely want to buy one, white with blue stripes if possible, as my wonderful 2006 that I obviously hold.
The 2005/2006 is a legendary and irreplaceable car that looked toward the 60 to recall the GT40 in much better.
I warmly thank Ford to have designed the new wonder, this time openly looking to the future.

IMG_0559.jpg

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Its only (little) flaw in my opinion, is the absence of any space for luggage.

I dunno, there's a panel in the front that looks like it opens the might hide storage.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The plane having kindly accepted to take off from Paris, I just discovered the new Ford GT in Geneva, last Tuesday.
It was a sweet and delicious meeting.

As many have said, the blue car is even more attractive in real life than in photos.

The forms of this beauty irresistibly invited me to caress her lovingly. But, unfortunately I have not been allowed to do so, or to open the door.
So I spent a very long time to examine and detail her, with the very demanding look of the Architect and incidentally Art dealer I am.

It may seem incredible, but I have found not any fault.
I am pleased to extend warm congratulations to the design team for their remarkable work.

Aesthetically, the new Ford GT is incredibly over its competitors.

Many of the "super cars" of the moment are artificially dressed with conventional signs of performance or aggressiveness. For the most of them, they become as ridiculous and vulgar as women too much covered with make-up.
Nothing like that with the new Ford GT.
Very quickly, the shape smells the purity and the truth. Everything is balanced, harmonious and remarkably at the right place.

Its only (little) flaw in my opinion, is the absence of any space for luggage. But I understood that she is a pure track car, incidentally put on the road, probably for reasons of approval.

This does not prevent me to confirm that I absolutely want to buy one, white with blue stripes if possible, as my wonderful 2006 that I obviously hold.
The 2005/2006 is a legendary and irreplaceable car that looked toward the 60 to recall the GT40 in much better.
I warmly thank Ford to have designed the new wonder, this time openly looking to the future.

View attachment 37652

Well written and I share the same feelings.. not a bad angle on the car,, Automotive perfection !!