a little guidance - new owner

PJA

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2011
hi, going thru my GT it seems to need brakes & belly pan screws, anyone have any sources to purchase, I will be doing the work myself.
thanks!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Check with "Fenzo" for belly pan screws - he had some identical replacements made at significantly lower cost than purchasing from Ford.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
We have both. Call my MGR ERIC at 8703517008 and he can fix you up

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ralphie is right, I've got screws. They are $1.70 ea, 40 min purchase. PM if interested.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Oh, & welcome aboard!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As for brakes, I assume you mean pads? the OEM s are pretty good, they are a ferodo. Some that don't track their cars, have gone to less dusty options, and some have gone to a more track worthy pads. A lot of posts on this. Don't forget to replace the fluid, especially if you don't know when it was last done.

And yes, welcome aboard

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Welcome

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
I use Bolt Depot Stainless Steel for belly pan screws, and have been very happy. Saved original take-offs.

Welcome!

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Sounds Good ,
whats the bolt Dep. part number (s) ?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Watch out when using stainless screws - You must put some lubricant (e.g. Engine Assembly Lube) on them prior to insertion, or they may gall in a dissimilar metal and lock up. Just a word of caution...

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Watch out when using stainless screws - You must put some lubricant (e.g. Engine Assembly Lube) on them prior to insertion, or they may gall in a dissimilar metal and lock up. Just a word of caution...

What he said AND welcome!
Best,
Mark

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Your screwed!