'16 GT (predicted) options list

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Have there been any rumors yet on the options?
Besides colors, I'm thinking that the options list will be even shorter than the 0506:
1) wheels: either forged or C.F.
2) street version"R" package to include radio-delete, softer tires, CF wheels, stiffer suspension, A/C-delete

That's it. No stripe, radio, or caliper color options. Not sure about 2), but hoping....

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Besides colors, I'm thinking that the options list will be even shorter than the 0506:
2) street version"R" package to include radio-delete, softer tires, CF wheels, stiffer suspension, A/C-delete
That's it. No radio or caliper color options. Not sure about 2), but hoping....

I don't think that with 300 or so units that a "hotter" street version will be part of the civilian price list. Instead it would be more interesting to offer a straight, not street legal racing version through the parts department. The Privateers will want to start from the true racing base and not try to dumb down a street version. Guys that want to track the street car will probably find it meets most of their needs through Ford Racing Parts add-ons. (Or that people like Chip will find solutions on their own :) )

Other than that I think the functional options will include a similar list to the 05-06 - various paint/stripe combinations, wheel option, probably brakes (and maybe even different types of brakes/rotors).

The system already includes SYNC so the radio is "embedded" and I don't know what kinds of radio offerings are part of the SYNC world. Hopefully the $5000 radio option isn't part of it. Looking at it I don't think there would be any place to put a subwoofer.

Probably no trailer hitch option though.

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Another interesting aspect is what will be left for Ford Racing Parts? No shifter so short throw is off the place. Transmission oil cooler? It should be on the car to begin with. I expect they will have many muffler/exhaust configurations (including the "not street legal" cat delete version). I'd bet there will be a different set of turbos available too.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Have there been any rumors yet on the options?

That's it. No stripe, radio, or caliper color options. Not sure about 2), but hoping....

cant get softer tires then cup tires unless you go full slick which are not street legal

no radio wont happen since they use the ford sync which is tied into many more then then just the radio now

CF wheels should be a option since they come with the new mustang 350 R

ac is not much weight and any McLaren Ferrari lambo R version has AC

but if ford want to hang with the big boys they need to have lots of options and ways to custom the car

having spent over $100K in options on my McLaren 650s spider no way do I want zero options for leather/alcantara no crazy about color they showed on the blue car and that's the last color I would pick for my self

same with calipers why not have at least 4 colors to pick from or more like Ferrari, McLaren, lambo, etc.. don't try to hang with the big boys and not offer what they have

strip option side and top is a must IMO

i highly customize all my cars cant see my McLaren or aventador having zero options to pick from

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
ac is not much weight and any McLaren Ferrari lambo R version has AC

AC is required for LM GTE class anyway, so it's unlikely they would delete from any version of a street car.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Just don't have ridiculous 911 options...base cardboard with felt v. Carbon fiber door trim for $1000s

A/c is a must ...cabin will be heat sink with greenhouse and 4 fore/aft radiators

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
Good points Tony and Dave, but unlike the McLaren or even the 918, Aventador, etc., this is a race car trying to be a street car instead of vice versa, and Ford knows as well as anyone they'd all sell even if there was only one color and no options. I'm still guessing it'll be a very short options list, but maybe a CF trim package for added flash.
(Were there any options besides colors on the MK III's?)

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
If they are truly only making 300 cars a year, they will not need a long list of options. Car will sell . Can't see much beyond wheels, body color and possibly brake caliper color as options.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
how about keyless entry? Also, not all of us are into the black wheel theme so maybe a chrome or polished option.

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Cup holders, parking assist, automatic trunk opening/closing, child seat restraints, self-closing doors, heated seats...................:leaving:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Cup holders, parking assist, automatic trunk opening/closing, child seat restraints, self-closing doors, heated seats...................:leaving:

Hey, I NEED cupholders! Couldn't put them in the butterfly doors tho….

StormBringer

Jul 18, 2014
Greenwich & Malibu
but if ford want to hang with the big boys they need to have lots of options and ways to custom the car

having spent over $100K in options on my McLaren 650s spider no way do I want zero options for leather/alcantara no crazy about color they showed on the blue car and that's the last color I would pick for my self

same with calipers why not have at least 4 colors to pick from or more like Ferrari, McLaren, lambo, etc.. don't try to hang with the big boys and not offer what they have

strip option side and top is a must IMO

i highly customize all my cars cant see my McLaren or aventador having zero options to pick from

I have been saying the same since the announcement of this GT. I actually view Ford as the big boys for obvious reasons. I would want

Ford to join the ''Club" of manufacturers that you mention. I have been reading about the Viper "One of One Program" which to me is a bit out there but do want Ford to open a Special Operations Department. You know in detail about the MSO but Ford does not have to offer that high level of service. I know collectors that will not purchase a GT if this does not take place. If they produce a race winner than that might change things a lot. As another mentioned there will be a fork in the road for road/race cars and why not offer a half dozen choices.

I haven't seen the vehicle in person but members have put up their suggestions.
Rims, brakes/calipers, how about steering wheel, seats, custom color choices....

I spent almost $8000/ liter extra just for custom paint with McLaren, why can't Ford do this and join the club. Give the factory tour with updates and pictures like some others do. Sure it will cost Ford more but pass the costs to the customers willing to pay for a concierge service. Aston Martin, Jaguar, McLaren, Ferrari and others have special-ops so why can't Ford.

I spoke with SRT last summer and it took awhile but they developed a few rides for me. They spent much time designing a black-ops edition of their SRT Jeep Cherokee "NightStalker." When I heard the NightStalker name I related how I have one guy on one of our details that was a former NightStalker, (but most are from Naval Special-ops). They tried to design a tribute for NSWC but they was a dead end.

Yeah yeah we know it's a race car but it's a production car too. I don't know
any of the Ford family but being a fourth generation banker have strong ties with some within the company and either way will get the job done.

Also remember in 2012 Ford joined Dow to develop manufacturing methods to lower the cost of carbon fiber production specifically for automobiles. Now there is that DOW/ASKA partnership too. Obviously Ford's intention is to bring carbon fiber in some manner to it's full line. You should see this developing more as this decade progresses.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Bespoke paint would be cool.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Interesting what you said about Dow partnership to develop CF...seems the experience Ford had with aluminum in our cars now going to use in the wide production in the F-150.

Maybe CF will be in wider use in all Ford vehicles in about 10 years.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
An outside temperature gauge / reminder would be good. Maybe with a link to a rev llimiter.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
IMO some of you are missing the point of this GT - Win Le Mans 24. Again.

Ford "has to" build xxx# of "street" vehicles to be allowed to race in a production class.

All the bling can be added to your hearts desire after you buy one. As has been done on so many of our GT's.

I, for one, hope that Ford continues to offer a niche vehicle now and then. GT's, Raptors, 302R's. etc.

But I also hope they refrain from trying to establish a "Ferrari" or "Porsche" division, with all their "if you can afford it, we'll be glad to sell it to you" options.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Ford "has to" build xxx# of "street" vehicles to be allowed to race in a production class.

All the bling can be added to your hearts desire after you buy one. As has been done on so many of our GT's.

I, for one, hope that Ford continues to offer a niche vehicle now and then. GT's, Raptors, 302R's. etc.

But I also hope they refrain from trying to establish a "Ferrari" or "Porsche" division, with all their "if you can afford it, we'll be glad to sell it to you" options.

+1

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
for sure they need besoke paint I don't care what it cost my McLaren 650s and my lambo both have custom paint McLaren was $18K for paint but I want my color on my car not 1 of 4 choices you want to give me

Attachments

• 2015-01-31 15.03.52.jpg
    2015-01-31 15.03.52.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 351
  • 650s .jpg
    650s .jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 335

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal

Well said. +1

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006

Aside from Le Mans... Bespoke Paint is hardly the same as charging $800 for a crest in the seat of the car.

There will likely be less than 5 options for this car. Since it is hand built, paint would be the easiest of options to accomodate.

IMHO. :thumbsup

Last edited: