Shelby GT350 dealer enrollment opens!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Well it's official! We got our enrollment paperwork today, for the new Shelby GT350 dealer program. Contact your preferred dealer. Rules state every dealer who agrees to the terms is guaranteed at least one car.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
My preferred dealer is the one that doesn't tell me to bend over. Oh, wait! There aren't any preferred dealers.

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
What's MSRP gonna be??

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
No prices yet. just SVT dealer fees & allocation method. so far.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Are the going to make a non "R" models? I need my creature comforts.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Yes! Also, the R model has a creature comfort option too. Would go nicely with the 12 company cars you need to buy.

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
What is the latest intel on the GT350s and the GT350Rs in regard to production numbers, allocation, pricing etc.? Will they be very produced in limited numbers, in fairly high numbers like the GT500s or even like the Boss302S where they were ordered one at a time??

Anyone have real info?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Regular 350 will be normal SVT Mustang volumes, R will be low volume. Personally, I think both cars are too cheap, so if they sell at MSRP, I think you will find they are a good deal.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I think both cars are too cheap.

What's MSRP gonna be??

.?? :biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I think both cars are too cheap " " DBK

lo and behold you're Priming the Pump for the new GT ?

Ford marketing guys must love you, but the rest of the Company needs to sell many, many cars.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think both cars are too cheap " " DBK

lo and behold you're Priming the Pump for the new GT ?

Ford marketing guys must love you, but the rest of the Company needs to sell many, many cars.

No, I really do think the pricing on those cars is too low for what you get, and the performance level relative to the rest of the market. Marketing wouldn't like my opinion on that one, because marketing and sales are the ones that drive that decision. I just think the pricing is a recipe for dealers to get market adjustment monies Ford would otherwise be getting.

Cars like the GT350 are a sideshow. They'll dwarf total GT350 variant revenue with a week's worth of pickup truck sales.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Take that long? A whole week, not just a day or 2...

Im sure there is a pretty good business case, not to bother with cars like this.... Luckily there are decision makers that care to make exciting cars (and trucks)

Cars like the GT350 are a sideshow. They'll dwarf total GT350 variant revenue with a week's worth of pickup truck sales.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Rules state every dealer who agrees to the terms is guaranteed at least one car.

I'm betting the story on the new Ford GT will be very different.

Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm betting the story on the new Ford GT will be very different.

?? Saved for those that reside in Monaco, subsist solely on cheese made from human breast milk, and only take out their LaF to have their poodle's nails clipped....

Or will a regular jackass like me will have a shot?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Please, as if you don't enjoy a nice breast milk cheese!

:ack

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks Dave ....

What is you input - comparing to the $50K GT500 as well as the 2013 $95K (which I found stupidly overpriced) GT350 from SAI ??? Should we expect B2 pricing for the new GT350?

:wink

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Please, as if you don't enjoy a nice breast milk cheese!

:ack

:biggrin Sorry. I have the flu. That may be a DayQuil induced post.

But you know what I mean.

Here's to hoping human cheese doesn't exist. :cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I believe base price on the 14 GT500 was $55,445. I think overall, for the capability that you get, it would be very surprising if anyone is anything but happy with the MSRP on GT350. Has a lot of content you can't really get anywhere else these days, let alone at that price. Naturally aspirated FPC V8 that revs over 8k, makes over 500 hp with a nasty wail to go with it, a nice manual transmission, etc. Once Ferrari replaces the 458, I think the GT350 will be the only 500+ hp NA V8 on the market, unless I'm forgetting someone. The R is an absolute missile on a racetrack.

I think the GT350 is very much a car for you! It'll probably be $32 million after taxes in Denmark though. :frown

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I believe base price on the 14 GT500 was $55,445. I think overall, for the capability that you get, it would be very surprising if anyone is anything but happy with the MSRP on GT350. Has a lot of content you can't really get anywhere else these days, let alone at that price. Naturally aspirated FPC V8 that revs over 8k, makes over 500 hp with a nasty wail to go with it, a nice manual transmission, etc. Once Ferrari replaces the 458, I think the GT350 will be the only 500+ hp NA V8 on the market, unless I'm forgetting someone. The R is an absolute missile on a racetrack.

I think the GT350 is very much a car for you! It'll probably be $32 million after taxes in Denmark though. :frown

Re: GT500. It started off as a car with a lot of mod potential, and a lot of people did, with both FRPP, Shelby and other aftermarket parts like superchargers and suspension. As the years passed Ford kept upping the baseline. Then along came 2013 and 2014, and that was pretty much the end of the aftermarket upgrades. Ford made it so much an animal that only people that get off on pure horsepower would do anything to it.

The GT350 will likely replace the Corvette as the "sports car deal of the century", and be better built to boot.

I'm choosing not to think to much about the cheese. I grew up on a dairy farm and know how much milk it takes to make cheese. The thought of a herd of women lining up at 6AM and 4PM to... well, never mind.

Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
GT350 is nice, Vettes are nice as well but GM can't seem to get it 100% right. The GT350 will most likely be the "value" sport car and I hope it can beat M3s' numbers.