Aerodynamics?

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Has Ford indicated the 2016 GT drag coefficient and down force specs?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Not yet. Probably going to be a while before they unleash detailed specs, but the aerodynamics package is impressive.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
"...unleash..." :)

I have little doubt that is an appropriate way of describing just what Ford intends to accomplish with this amazing automobile.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Dave, do you know if the seating/headroom spec's are similar to the '05 GT's?

I needed to removed some 2 inches of foam from seat bottom for adequate head clearance. I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs wet.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dave, do you know if the seating/headroom spec's are similar to the '05 GT's?

I needed to removed some 2 inches of foam from seat bottom for adequate head clearance. I'm 6'4" and 240 lbs wet.

There is slightly more headroom in the new car because of the fixed seating. Not sure of the exact amount, but no matter how you slice it, it's gonna be a tight fit for someone your size.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Addendum - they did make sure a tall employee of roughly that height fit, so depending on proportions you'd probably be good.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
MIght be an issue for tall drivers on track days: in my 06' I fit OK (6'-4", 205lbs), but I definitely know when I need a haircut! At the track I have to adopt the Italian driving style - slide the seat way forward and rake it way back so there's room for my helmet. Fixed seats might screw up this option.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Addendum - they did make sure a tall employee of roughly that height fit, so depending on proportions you'd probably be good.

let's hope (us) short people can pilot these things. Hope I don't need a booster seat. lol

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I could see custom fitted seats as factory in this car. e.g. Bespoke - if Ford wants to enhance brand/product experience. Nothing like vehicle personalization to improve owner retention, loyalty and ROI metrics.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
I could see a seating system so fantastic the seats levitate and automatically fit each special driver magically!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
let's hope (us) short people can pilot these things. Hope I don't need a booster seat. lol

Agree 100%.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
I could see a seating system so fantastic the seats levitate and automatically fit each special driver magically!

You should be on the design team.......lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Kent, you probably won't hit your head, but I can't imagine anybody sitting in the passenger seat, other than a small child while you're piloting this bad boy. The interior strikes me as 'Lotus Elise' small.

kjslider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 1, 2006
socal
Hey Herb, why would that be?

I look forward to seeing this beast in person. Haven't been this excited about a new car in, well, ten years!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I've really scoured the online videos that pay attention to the interior, and I've noticed the seatbacks almost touch. Also, take a look at the tunnel that runs between the seats.................it appears to be about an inch wide.

If you've never been in a Lotus Elise, take a ride with a buddy. You'll both be struggling to get comfortable, let alone find a place for your opposing arms. 10 & 2 at all times for the driver..............driving scary fast so the passenger is forced to find someplace to hold on to, and preferably not you!

Though don't get me wrong, I'll FIND a way to live with it! :) No problem.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
If you look at the plan view and see how narrow the green house is, you have to mash the seats together. Plus with this car, fuel tank is not down the middle like our cars it's somewhere around the bulkhead (confirmed by filler location)

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Well.......that's another 'wondering' I have. Where is the filler location?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Just behind the driver's side door.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

cobra498

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2010
Central Ca;ifornia
It is a race car first a street car second, why compromise the performance to provide room for larger people. Most race drivers are quite small with some exceptions but not many.