A solution or two for dealer mark ups/adm fees on new GT!!

Macman

May 13, 2013
My dealer mentioned a price that he expected south of 200k, but I assume he had nothing to back that. At that price I am first on the list (military member...set income).

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
HA! we would do pretty well here!

Oh a serious note, I have found it entertaining to read suggested allocation strategies that somehow always seem to include the author.

I want this car. However I have already resorted to the fact, we may never get it. I don't have the time or motivation to scour the country to find one free of ADM, IF they ever get to this point. Time will tell what happens....

I think those who can produce the most copy's of active Ford product titles (in their name) go higher on the list. ;-) this would be called "The lifetime Ford loyalty program"

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The weekend edition of the WSJ had an aritcle on the new GT, had a quote that was attributed to Ford, and had pricing at the same level of the 05-06. I'd be very surprised if it was priced there. The quote was not from an individual, it referred to Ford source.
Even though it's a two pedal car, I'd love to get my hands on one (at MSRP), don't know where I'd put it, or one of the other cars, as I'm "full", but I'll find room, given the opportunity! :)

Yeah, the author is clueless. Not happening.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
HA! we would do pretty well here! ....

Dear Mr. Specracer:

We are in receipt of your letter and would like to thank you for your interest in acquiring one of our new Ford GT's.

We regret to inform you that under our loyalty program as defined, that you have not yet accrued enough points in order to be considered in the first five (5) years of GT production. The GT loyalty program was developed by a select group of individuals who have identifed and developed a comprehensive 'points' system, where points are earned by meeting key criteria. The highest possible score is 10. Some of the key metrics are: color of your GT, your age, number of post-WW2 Ford registrations currently active in the US. By way of example, a perfect score of 10 could be earned by having a 2005/6 RED GT, >45 years of age and >6 active Ford vehicle registrations. :biggrin

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
For the first year's run:
Fair would be a lottery pick. The individuals would be from the pool of both original and current GT owners. (I am not on this list)
The winning certificate would allow that purchase at any Ford dealership.
Ford can mandate MSRP pricing. Otherwise negotiating would work since the only way a dealership could acquire a new Gt is through a lottery winner.

B.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I think those who can produce the most copy's of active Ford product titles (in their name) go higher on the list. ;-) this would be called "The lifetime Ford loyalty program"

Perfect, I would be guaranteed more new GTs than anyone :)

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

im at 7 titled cars right now! could be 9-15 if i really wanted!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Cobrar... Have more post ww2 registrations than u.... Details details....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Cobrar... Have more post ww2 registrations than u.... Details details....

Nope, we need to meet. Bring active registrations.

Loser buys drinks -or- forfeits their allocation to winner. :wink

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Deal, but just for drinks!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have 8 US Fords right now .... since I´m a foreigner who had to work much harder to get them to Denmark than just buying locally, I would think they count double .... at least :wink :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I have 8 US Fords right now .... since I´m a foreigner who had to work much harder to get them to Denmark than just buying locally, I would think they count double .... at least :wink :biggrin

:cheers
Anders

We'll take that into consideration.

Signed: Rules Committee

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
We'll take that into consideration.

Signed: Rules Committee

I take that as a yes to an alloction of the new FGT .... I´ll probably have to sell both my 1983 Econoline conversion van and my 93 Lightning truck to finance it with the way people here are talking the MRSP through the roof :wink:biggrin

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
That would be one hell of a door prize at Ford GT Forum Rally 10.

And those GT Owners that attended Rally 1 with their GT and attend Rally 10 with that same GT get extra tickets!

y 10!
For the first year's run:
Fair would be a lottery pick. The individuals would be from the pool of both original and current GT owners. (I am not on this list)
The winning certificate would allow that purchase at any Ford dealership.
Ford can mandate MSRP pricing. Otherwise negotiating would work since the only way a dealership could acquire a new Gt is through a lottery winner.

B.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
^^^ More than 100K miles on a GT gets first shot at a GT2.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
^^^ More than 100K miles on a GT gets first shot at a GT2.
Finally recognition from the new chicken farmer:

I like that!

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Perfect, I would be guaranteed more new GTs than anyone :)

Only one GT though......sorry [emoji41]

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
im at 7 titled cars right now! could be 9-15 if i really wanted!

I am in the 50+ range so I hope they would find it in their hearts to give me an opportunity to get just ONE. [emoji6]

jbyrnes

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 13, 2006
Louisville CO
One sure way Ford could control the ADM concern and help the enthusiast have a shot at owning after the speculators and show offs get one: double the build quantity to 2,500. More company profits and less wining and dissention from the rabid Ford fans.

topshot

GT Owner
Feb 6, 2012
Metro Detroit, MIchigan
lets hope the high demand, convinces them to increase the supply... btw I would sign a sell back clause no problem,,,, I am buying the car to drive it... I will let my broker worry about what to invest in...