2005 and 2006 Ford GT PRICES GOING UP!!!!!

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey guys, just chiming in. Ford has done a wonderful job on the new GT!
Our 2005-06 GT's have nothing to worry about on value and desire. As I have just viewed the new car it looks AWSOME! But we Have the car already that has captured the hearts of the World! Get ready for prices and collectibility now to really go up! Best regards, Rich at The Mustang Ranch

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
Not sure how much more they'll go up but I feel pretty comfortable that they wont be going down as a result of the new car.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Will go up; once folks figure out its cheaper route to join GT Club

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I predict the FGT will settle at about 20% under the price of the new GT if it is in the 400-500K price range. Limited availability of the new one may delay that for a while, probably until used versions of the new one start to show up on the market. But eventually the uniqueness of the old one is lapsed by the new one.

We'll see what happens later this week when the Ford GTs go across the block at Barrett-Jackson.

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
We will know once they announce the price for the 2016.
If the new one is $250-$300, no reason why new customers will not get the new instead.
The new car price will have a direct impact on the 05-06 car value. At least in the next 5 years. This is MHO.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If the new one is $250-$300, no reason why new customers will not get the new instead.

One thing will control it and that is availability. If they hold to the low annual production with total of 1200 vehicles, they become unobtainium, and that will help FGT prices.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
People make mistakes everyday! If someone has a no-reserve consignment at BJ and the auction bidders are worried what the price of a new one might be, then a few Ford GT's might get sold below market, in the short run.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Enzo pricing v. La Ferrari

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
But when the $400k price, plus $100k dealer markup is announced, our GT's will be a bargain at anything less than $500k. Especially if you want the sound n feel of a V-8!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Don't forget, the new GT will be sold internationally! There are over 3,000 dealers in the U.S. alone. So of 300 or 400 cars/year, very few will be available to the public. Most dealers will keep the 1, that they were lucky enough to get allocated to them.

SMOKDU

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2011
Supply and demand. I have seen this going back to the 80's This car no matter what the asking price is will sell to the highest bidder. I see the first cars going as high as $700k maybe higher. At $450 it would be a deal compared to other supercars. What dealer would sell it at $250 ? Why sell it that cheap when there are people in line waiting to offer more a lot more. maybe more then we think. crazy more, stupid more. lol get my point

Dealers all know what the 05 - 06 cars are selling for so why would they sell them for less ? I think this helps our cars values because we set the bar for this car. Look at the new supercars and ask yourself with all this hype about the old GT VALUES why would anyone expect this car to not go up like the old one.

This is also history in the making.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
But when the $400k price, plus $100k dealer markup is announced, our GT's will be a bargain at anything less than $500k. Especially if you want the sound n feel of a V-8!

And 3 pedals...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Am I the only one here who doesn't really care about the current pricing? Not saying there is a problem for those that do, I could just care less what happens after I leave this earth.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Not sure how much more they'll go up but I feel pretty comfortable that they wont be going down as a result of the new car.

Agreed!

matteuson

GT Owner
Jun 4, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
Enzo pricing v. La Ferrari

F40 v. F50

A couple other things to consider:

1) Driving an automatic as a daily driver is rather boring, so even if the new FGT is a supercar on the track it doesn't mean it will be more fun to drive than the 05/06 FGT.
2) The 05/06 FGT very closely resembles the '66 Le Mans cars which is why they have a timeless design. While the new FGT's looks excite now, it may just look like another P1, LaFerrari, etc in 10 years.
3) Real car enthusiasts enjoy a car that requires skill to drive it. Almost all 911 fans enjoy the 964/993 air cooled Turbo cars more than the 991. Hence it takes six figures to own a 993 or 964 Turbo now.

05/06 FGT values will not be hurt by this car.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Am I the only one here who doesn't really care about the current pricing? Not saying there is a problem for those that do, I could just care less what happens after I leave this earth.

I agree, but isn't it nice to know that an asset you own is growing in value vs. the "norm" that drives car prices down? As Lloyd Christmas said in "Dumb and Dumber"..."I like it a lot!"

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
As others have said, when the new Ford Gt starts changing hands at $500k and up our 05-06 GT's will look like bargains. Factor in very limited worldwide build numbers (300 per year, 1200 total), there are simply not enough to go around and most of us than can afford one will not be able to own one.

Also, new owners of the 2016 Ford GT that never owned a 05-06 Ford GT will want to add one to their collection.

jvmax

GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 13, 2008
F40 v. F50

A couple other things to consider:

1) Driving an automatic as a daily driver is rather boring, so even if the new FGT is a supercar on the track it doesn't mean it will be more fun to drive than the 05/06 FGT.
2) The 05/06 FGT very closely resembles the '66 Le Mans cars which is why they have a timeless design. While the new FGT's looks excite now, it may just look like another P1, LaFerrari, etc in 10 years.
3) Real car enthusiasts enjoy a car that requires skill to drive it. Almost all 911 fans enjoy the 964/993 air cooled Turbo cars more than the 991. Hence it takes six figures to own a 993 or 964 Turbo now.

05/06 FGT values will not be hurt by this car.

I totally agree on all points and even own both 964/993 911's but non-turbo. Unfortunately, many of the younger video game generation prefer paddles as well as most of the non-enthusiast wealthy. Never owned a paddle sports car, but have driven several. I will not own a paddle shift sports car even though faster on the track, you do not connect with the car on the road. For me the 05-06 Ford GT is the ultimate supercar, with a proper manual transmission and low cost maintenance.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
No worries gentlemen, from a performance and a retro perspective the '05-'06 is quite safe, price wise, regardless of the new car's MSRP.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I agree, but isn't it nice to know that an asset you own is growing in value vs. the "norm" that drives car prices down? As Lloyd Christmas said in "Dumb and Dumber"..."I like it a lot!"

Of course you are right, I'm just hoping I can get another some day. :wink