Would you Trade '05-'06 GT for '16 GT ?

• Total voters

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Didn't someone from Ford make the statement that no one would have ever dreamed that the 05-06 Ford GT would be so highly modified and customized.

Yes, many times. They expected way more show queens, not a bunch of super modded monsters getting whooped on. The level of use the 05/06 GT has gotten greatly pleases the team.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
:lol:lol:lol

Just assign a Ford part number, after giving first right of refusal to current GT owners, sell the remaining inventory through catalogue as an MSRP transaction. Done, laugh if you want.

V8 FGT

GT Owner
Oct 2, 2005
London
Trade? No chance
Add ? Oh yes indeedy.......

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
Who in their right mind would trader their 05 06 GT for the new one, the new one is beautiful on the outside, BUT....Look at the horrible interior, V6...BORING...Auto Gearbox...BORING and not including how costly it will be to replace, the fact that you can bolt on a few mods to the current model and still blow the doors off the new one sucks rooster! Will I buy one..sure I will and many of them if I can help it. This car is like a sequel to a old movie it will never be as good as the first. Had GM's new corvette Z06 come out with a Ecotec V6 turbo everyone on here would be talking 9 kinds of crap,,,,this car with a better interior design and a v8 would have been EPIC!! Can you imagine sitting at your local coffee and cars parked next to a teenager in his 2015 Base 5.0 liter Mustang that he bolted a Pro Charger or a couple of twins on it and is talking about laying down the smack on your 400k NEW GT, and he spent 40k on his with mods....Embarrassing...JMO ;)

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Guessing you may need to trade 2 fer 1...

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
hahaha think not!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Just assign a Ford part number, after giving first right of refusal to current GT owners, sell the remaining inventory through catalogue as an MSRP transaction. Done, laugh if you want.

I actually like this idea.
How does Ford sell their race cars?
Issue resolved.
Thanks Rex
:lol:lol:lol

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich
no way

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Nope, will buy the new one also, there is always a way.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Who in their right mind would trader their 05 06 GT for the new one, the new one is beautiful on the outside, BUT....Look at the horrible interior, V6...BORING...Auto Gearbox...BORING and not including how costly it will be to replace, the fact that you can bolt on a few mods to the current model and still blow the doors off the new one sucks rooster! Will I buy one..sure I will and many of them if I can help it. This car is like a sequel to a old movie it will never be as good as the first. Had GM's new corvette Z06 come out with a Ecotec V6 turbo everyone on here would be talking 9 kinds of crap,,,,this car with a better interior design and a v8 would have been EPIC!! Can you imagine sitting at your local coffee and cars parked next to a teenager in his 2015 Base 5.0 liter Mustang that he bolted a Pro Charger or a couple of twins on it and is talking about laying down the smack on your 400k NEW GT, and he spent 40k on his with mods....Embarrassing...JMO ;)

+1

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Wouldn't trade the GT, but I'd part trade my 12C in a heart beat

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Agree to no trade of GT, but selling other stuff......................

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
I hope the guys who said they would trade don't mean "dealer trade in". That would be the worst to see the amazing 05 and 06 FGTs sitting on used car lots or used car show rooms.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id

Not sure Ford is building this car to race Hellcats red light to red light, roll into the local C&C at a bloated weight of 3600lbs in favor of sporting a kick ass stereo and "fine corinthian leather" or to bang out single hero lap times for magazines before it's tongue hangs out from heat soak. Rather it appears they have the 2016 24hr in their crosshairs and are designing a seriously functional street/race car with the best power to weight ratio possible that will run like stink for the whole 24hr duration. With the rumored low production numbers I'm sure they understand this car will not appeal to everyone as a road car however assume most every American as well as many Europeans would take great pleasure in seeing it in the winners circle on their 50th. To answer the proposed question, no my '05 isn't for sale but if given a shot at this new car and if it's not stupid expensive with dealer mark-ups...... then I'm in. :)

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Funny - you piss all over it, but it doesn't stop you from photochopping it and using it in your Fleabay ads, trying to deceive people into buying one of your 05-06's...funny how that is eh...

And speaking of imagining...can you imagine me coming up beside you in your heavily modified 400k GT, me on my $13,000.00 Kawasaki ZX14 and eating your GT for lunch in a roll on?

What exactly was your point Andy?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
I will be willing to bet the Twin turbo v6 in the new car will take to mods as good as our current supercharged v8 if it is actually derived from the race car.Factor in the lightweight body and chassis and with the right mods this car will be faster than most of the 05-06 modded ones.And your scenario with the mustang can easily happen to the current car!?

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
No way. In addition to? Yes. Not instead of.

I think this is how most of us feel.

Chip

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota

No bolt on 05 Ford GT will beat the new one with a tune FACT..... A bolt on Ford GT makes lets say on average 750-800whp at 3650lbs with driver. The new car will weigh 2900-3000lbs with driver and if it makes 650 (ie Probably over 600whp stock) it will murder the current model as it will also have much better gearing than our 05-6 Gt's have. This new car will be no joke and with the power you can pick up on the stock ecoboost Pick Up trucks (ie they make 500rwhp threw an auto) the new GT will be capable of 750rwhp stock with a tune and thats it.. It will hurt feelings no doubt.

Darthvader

Aug 4, 2007
LufkinTexas
U may be right we will see :)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
No bolt on 05 Ford GT will beat the new one with a tune FACT..... A bolt on Ford GT makes lets say on average 750-800whp at 3650lbs with driver. The new car will weigh 2900-3000lbs with driver and if it makes 650 (ie Probably over 600whp stock) it will murder the current model as it will also have much better gearing than our 05-6 Gt's have. This new car will be no joke and with the power you can pick up on the stock ecoboost Pick Up trucks (ie they make 500rwhp threw an auto) the new GT will be capable of 750rwhp stock with a tune and thats it.. It will hurt feelings no doubt.

The new car is gonna be stupid fast. The trans is worth 50 hp easy. Combined with a serious pursuit of superior power-to-weight, it will haul.

But for what it's really built for, there is no use comparing. Road course performance of the new car will be staggering.