The new GT, how many and will you sell to obtain?

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Asking , perhaps the unanswerable , but if Ford goes racing how many street cars will be available ? At what cost would you give up your 05/06 GT to get one?

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Would have to see what it looks like first and if it is gonna have a 6 cylinder engine, I'm out.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
My bet of a case of bud light cans is the race car will be the turbo 6 but the street will be voodoo flat crank 8 with supercharger. It would be interesting if the blower were optional and the base was the na 8

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
As an attorney you know your question calls for wild speculation.

If I was to wildly speculate and say they come out with a new GT I would have to see what it looked like, what it was powered by, what it cost, how many they make or plan on making. To many ponderables to ponder to come up with an answer right now.

It would have to be damn good and amazing to give up a sure bet like the FGT.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
They could come out with a car that would take me to the moon and back, and I wouldn't give up my GT.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
What part of NO is not understood.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
My bet of a case of bud light cans is the race car will be the turbo 6 but the street will be voodoo flat crank 8 with supercharger. It would be interesting if the blower were optional and the base was the na 8

Not much of a "Bud" drinker but will wager a bottle of Belvedere that they share the same engine and my guess it will be the V6TT.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
They could come out with a car that would take me to the moon and back, and I wouldn't give up my GT.

+1

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m preparing to sell my wife for one.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
If Ford does come out with a new GT and it looks good I may want/buy one but not at the expense of my current GT's

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
What he said...

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Oh, It's coming!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark

As always, right on Ron :biggrin:rofl:facepalm:

For me it comes down to how happy it would make me ......

happines.jpg

:cheers
Anders

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
That's easy, mine is not for sale, period. :)

We'll see what the market does and how many they make. New Shelby GT350R looks more interesting.

mopar

GT Owner
Jan 23, 2014
grosse ile mich

+1

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
The question is not weather I would give up my GT (not a possibility )! But how easily can I ADD another depending on numbers produced and pricing!!!

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
from what I'm hearing from a Ford marketing guy, I think the price alone will separate the men from the boys on this one. there is not going to be a 4000+ vehicle build on this car so pricing will be in the stratoshere. this is why I don't see some of the panic going on about selling off 05/06 GTs and the valuation falling on our cars. this is all just my opinion but can't imagine Ford ever building another supercharged big thumper car like the present cars.
I have to commend Ford for the silence that has been kept on this new car. I don't ever remember such a tight secret being kept on a new car like this.
(and I have to say, I don't like the silence!!!) lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...I take it it's a safe bet she never visits this site! :willy :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I think the price alone will separate the men from the boys on this one...

Given what the car's 'sticker' is rumored to be, my suspicion is the 'dealer premium' alone is likely to do that all by itself...

:beer2:

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.

Ron!! Shame on you. :facepalm:

Lady Moose