C7 vs C6 Z06

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
When I find a Z07 at the right price... one where the original owner scraped the passenger side backing out of the garage and the the re-paint doesn't quite match, the only thing I would do is Brey-Krause and fire bottle. Does it need anything else?

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Basically, from 2012 on the Z06 with the Z07 package was the ZR1 with the 427 engine -almost the perfect combo for road course. Unfortunately, the price was almost as much as a ZR1 so there are probably not a lot that were ordered with all the packages. The aero and options were exactly ZR1 but painted instead of clear coated carbon fiber. The only option I am not sure of is the carbon ceramic brakes. Get them if you can - they are incredible! I think they were part of a carbon fiber package that may have included the brakes. They have excellent initial bite, never fade, always are there and last two to three times what standard brakes do. Unlike the Porsche or other CCB on exotics that are expensive to replace or repair, these you can find the GM replacements pads and rotors at reasonable price, not that much more than standard racing pads. We ended up passing on the PCCBs on our Cayman GTS because of the replacement costs for parts even though we loved them on the Z06.
Andres, I think all of the ZR1s were already set up with PTM and such after 09 so the changes were minor in suspension etc... The interior got much better looking seats in 2012 but they did not really work much better. We ended up putting in Corbeau seats and they were great although you lose the air bags if using them for the street. It was a quick four bolts and the wiring plugs to take in and out. Kendall at Cooltech has some great seat belt mounts from the Boss that work great with the Corvette with a harness bar or partial hoop for racing belts.
All the Z06 needs to be really good is seats / harness bar, belts and some good track tires.( we had a few other mods like an MGW short throw shifter becasue we had such good luck with them on our Boss...) I didn't even put a camber kit on it but did have it set to as much as the stock set up would let happen. There is very few cars that will keep up with this car, even if they are highly modified for track. I am not trying to sell the Z06, but this combo is really good and really fast and hardly a compromise when going from street to track.

Last edited:

REDEEMED

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 10, 2008
To Apollo-- PM sent