End of the road for Irvine Cars and Coffee?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Without referring to this C & C in particular, I think we've all seen vids of F-cars, Lambos, FTGs, Porsches and/or what-have-you 'hot-dogging it' out of various show/C&C/rally venues. So, although it's possible the "hogs and ricers" alone (or in particular) "killed" Irvine, I have my doubts the blame was solely theirs and theirs alone. :wink

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
agree...noise was their issue; straight pipes / crotch rockets revving near apts on way out to 405

Surprised my so many "just stopped going last # yrs"

Early time killed it for me; roulling out at 6am on a Sat is a non-starter

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
This is also the reason that was given for shutting down Crystal Cove.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I'm sure it will reconstitute itself somewhere

I think exotic / classic / vintage owners want to enjoy their cars respectfully and eventually it becomes a free for all of 80s mustangs, c5 corvettes and econ0box tuners leaking coolant pools / being towed

When word gets out "free car show, bring ur mcmuffins munch ur hash-browns on my hood " it's over

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
There's always going to be a couple or three clowns in any group that ruin it for the rest of the circus :biggrin

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
10855125_10152887782216306_5420419551648643110_o.jpg

While I'd really like to attend the final one on the 27th, I'm very hesitant. it will undoubtedly be chaos. Too many cars, not enough parking, lots of yahoos = disaster.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I'm glad I brought my GT and SL several times

For the record, their bacon/egg Breakfast sandwichs were great!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This is also the reason that was given for shutting down Crystal Cove.

I can name at least 1/2 a dozen popular cruise sites in my area that 'exhibitionist' yo-yos have been responsible for shutting down.

'Senseless, narcissistic idiocy at its finest... :mad

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Now I won't have to fight the urge to get up at 4:30 AM, drive 1+ hrs to Irvine, and then leave at 8AM and drive 1++ hrs back, oh and the 45 minutes to get my trailer ramps out on the street to get the GT on the road. Whew! Thought this would be a lifetime event :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...oh and the 45 minutes to get my trailer ramps out on the street to get the GT on the road.

You know I actually do feel your pain on that one...! :lol

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
So yesterday's event was so chaotic, it was decided to cancel what was supposed to be the last one on the 27th.
This is why we can't have nice things.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
So yesterday's event was so chaotic, it was decided to cancel what was supposed to be the last one on the 27th.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Ed, I went over there yesterday arriving late (8 ish) and it was still crazy. There were o many people, it spilled over into the hotel parking lot. The worst thing was an accident (pretty bad) at the intersection between a young Miata driver and an F150. Both were transported from the scene by ambulance. This was the first 2 car collision in the history on C&C. Bad note to end on....

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Ed, I went over there yesterday arriving late (8 ish) and it was still crazy. There were o many people, it spilled over into the hotel parking lot. The worst thing was an accident (pretty bad) at the intersection between a young Miata driver and an F150. Both were transported from the scene by ambulance. This was the first 2 car collision in the history on C&C. Bad note to end on....

Shame. Was there dumbassery involved in that crash or just unfortunate circumstances?
My trip down to OC for the holidays was cancelled anyway. Too bad I couldn't make one more before they shut it down.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Crowd went downhill very fast in last 2yrs....

Paid Concours is what Im doing going fwd...and even then only on Golf Courses / Clubs / Estates with paid entry.

"You get what you pay for"

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006

Attachments

• ota0jxhexfvhwahjbzkh.jpg
    ota0jxhexfvhwahjbzkh.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 115

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Would never have guessed my FGT would be featured a Jalopnik article..... Too bad it is in the most unfortunate of circumstances. It's a shame this had to be the last C & C. Glad I made it to this one before its demise.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
nice base wheels, just like mine...only 12% of production

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
nice base wheels, just like mine...only 12% of production

Yes, classic look.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
NOTE: Cars & Coffee is alive again at The District - Barranca and Tustin Ranch Road 6 - 9 AM West Side of the center By the MCAHS Blimp Hangars.

:bow