New look?

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Hey Dave, I like it. Nice job!

You can't please everybody - and I don't know how you satisfy Dr. Frank: maybe rose colored glasses? - but don't let the nit pickers bother you.

Maybe the header is a preview of things to come for Rally X?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Can you screen cap it so I can see what it looks like? It's a fixed width installation, and for example on my 13" MBP on 2560 x 1600 display this is what it looks like:

Looks the same on 15" notebook PC, in IE, Chrome and Firefox. On a larger monitor (27" 2560 x 1440) with browser at full screen, the white borders grow, but no different than most any other news/blog/social website.

Shrink the browser and the white borders shrink. Behavior seems normal to me.

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
My Back button does not work.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The location of the menu/buttons with the "new posts, private messages" etc. to the very top of the window (above the picture display) means having to scroll way to the top . I liked it better below the picture. Less moving things to go back to the "new posts" button.

After trying it for a day the ergonomics of having the buttons way at the top is firstly so different from all of the other vbulletin sites I use and means lots of motion on a mobile platform. None of the sites have anything above the photo banner except for the login, username, etc. stuff that is at the very top of the banner. Can it be moved where it used to be (under the main photo banner).

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
No RED skin yet. What's the holdup?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Great job - I like it - clean, modern, fresh look :thumbsup

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ha I like it!
I figured it out
But I do want to piss and moan because this is the only place I can
So here is a piss and moan for your efforts
I think of this forum as my feel good place
Well done DBK

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
nice job Dave. looks very up to date and contemporary. easy on the eyes! thanks

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Ha I like it!
I figured it out
But I do want to piss and moan because this is the only place I can
So here is a piss and moan for your efforts
I think of this forum as my feel good placeWell done DBK

This is my happy place................Great job Dave ........................ me likey. :biggrin

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ads: It looks like the ads on the forum home page have switched from forum sponsors to paid things like Pillsbury and Farmers Insurance (et. al.). Nothing wrong with outside sponsors to help pay the bills. I suspect the lack of forum sponsors is another artifact of the switch to the new look. Just a heads up.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ads: It looks like the ads on the forum home page have switched from forum sponsors to paid things like Pillsbury and Farmers Insurance (et. al.). Nothing wrong with outside sponsors to help pay the bills. I suspect the lack of forum sponsors is another artifact of the switch to the new look. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the play by play Tony.

For the record, the single leaderboard ad at the bottom has been there for many, many years. :lol :facepalm:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If you navigate to the "Store" from the Home page, there isn't a button to navigate back Home or to Forums. Have to use the browser back button.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You can pretty much ignore the home tab for another 2 weeks. Still working on that, but wanted to get it loaded.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
BTW - I like the new counter on the top level "Forum" page at bottom...the one that says:

"SPAM-O-MATIC STATISTICS
1 Spammy Post Automatically Moderated"

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Guys
Calm down ! This a fun place! Lets keep it that way! Just have fun...
Chill out buddies! Its all good.

Last edited:

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Its all good. Now when and where is the next gathering?! :cheers

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Did we ever figure out why mine only takes up half the page? Meaning the right and left hand sides are blank.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Great new look! First time I went into editing my page, awesome options! I always admire those of us who so computer savy to make these changes! (thanks Dave). Not sure I like all the new non GT ads. I realize there are costs to run this forum, maybe its time for another round of "donations"! (done).

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Not sure I like all the new non GT ads.

Where do the ads appear? I don't see any. I have Adblock Plus as an extension on all web browsers.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Great new look! First time I went into editing my page, awesome options! I always admire those of us who so computer savy to make these changes! (thanks Dave). Not sure I like all the new non GT ads. I realize there are costs to run this forum, maybe its time for another round of "donations"! (done).

Gene - just login and the ads go away. They only appear to unregistered users. Glad you like it.