Motor4toys Charity Car Show -7 Dec'14-Woodland Hills,CA

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
The 11th Annual Motor4toys Charity Car Show is scheduled for next Sunday ( 7 Dec'14) at the Anthem (Blue Cross) facility in Woodland Hills ( Southern California). The site location (21555 Oxnard st., Woodland Hills) is just down the street from where Super Car Sunday is normally held. Said to be "The Largest Charity Toy-Drive Car Show in the World" with over 5,000 cars expected at this year's event. Admission/entrance is free but a donation of an unwrapped toy ( >$10.00) is requested.
For more info and details , check-out their website below.

http://www.motor4toys.com/

So, who's in !

If there's some interest, we could drive our FGTs through the canyons out to the coast ( Malibu) for lunch afterwards.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Hi Ron.
I plan on attending.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Got a general e-mail update from the organizer stating that they are expecting a record turn-out this year. The main area around the Anthem/ Blue Cross facility will be dedicated to the "show cars" being displayed , and the parking lot down the street ( Woodland Hills Promenade Mall) will be used as an overflow area to accommodate the late comers and for general parking. They encourage all show cars to come early to get a spot in the main area. I spoke to several people that have attended in the past ( this is the first time for us) and confirmed that you need to get there early. The Corvette guys are planning to get there early and attempt to secure a block of spaces for their members. So, I plan to meet them there at 5:00am and together with their effort , try to secure a few spaces for our FGTs (?). If you can make it , I'll try to get into the North ( Erwin st.)/ East ( Canoga ave) portion of the lot.
Hope to see you there.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Sounds good Ron. I'll be there before the 6:30 start.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Sounds good Ron. I'll be there before the 6:30 start.

Talked to the Corvette guys last night and they spoke to the organizer ( Dustin?) yesterday, and due to the record expected turn-out , there will be no "reserving spaces". I'm still planning to get there around 5:00am and will try to hold out as long as possible, so get there as early as possible and look for me towards the North/East corner of the lot.

ron1416

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2013
Southern California
Few Pics

Huge turn-out (as expected). Don't know the exact number , but could easily have exceed the 5,000 predicted.

Group shot from right to left: KJRGT (Kevin), Red Ace ( Merv), 5051bob ( Bob) and ron1416 ( Ron & Helen).20141207_090645.jpg20141207_092853.jpg