First 4.5L running on a GT!!!!

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
My Fischer Motorsports built 2006 White/Blue Stripe Ford GT

Check out the mods completed by Fischer Motorsports! Unbelievable quality and detail!

Bone Stock Motor
Stock Exhaust Manifolds

828 whp (approx. 985 crank hp) and 654 wtq (approx. 779tq crank) Shell 93 octane pump gas
915 whp (approx. 1089 crank hp) and (approx. 888tq crank) MS109 VP race gas

Induction Mods
4.5L Whipple Screw Supercharger and large body mono blade throttle body

Fischer Motorsports Custom 4” intake - filter box replacement utilizing custom side panels with 12” S&B filters and 4” Vibrant quick disconnect Vanjen couplers that double as flex joints.

FM throttle bracket reinforcement - keeps the flexing bracket from allowing the throttle blade to roll back at high engine load.

Exhaust Mods
Fischer Motorsports 304 stainless rear exhaust - Custom stainless, fully internally welded, dual chamber Flowmaster mufflers with billet flanges and custom polished stainless exhaust tips.

Fischer Motorsports custom Inconel exhaust shields – These Inconel “clamshell” covers encapsulate the rear exhaust for the purpose of retaining/blocking infrared radiation that normally over-temps the rear engine compartment. These have proven to reduce rear engine compartment temps from about 220F to about 110F on Ford GTs.

Fuel System Mods
Fischer Motorsports custom 5 axis CNC billet fuel rails – For my application we utilized the stock pumps and feed configuration with a custom stainless fitting that interfaced with the stock feed line, stock pressure sensor, Teflon fuel line for the front crossover hose utilizing Phenix Industries AN LOK adaptor fittings, a carbon faced pressure gauge for that old-school look, and a pump-out port for emptying the tank for race gas.

16 ID1000cc Injectors

Kennebell Boost a Pump wired in by Fischer Motorsports.

Breather Mods
Fischer Motorsports -16AN valve cover breather fittings, lines, and custom aluminum catch/filter tanks with sight tubes.

Drivetrain Mods
P-Trim Spec clutch installed by Fischer Motorsports.
Accufab ARP half shaft flange and CV bolt kit

Tuning
Shawn Fischer
Archie King

A few Short Videos
http://instagram.com/p/vYHpfBD3sN/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/uaGDDHD3iO/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/tzTpyhj3im/?modal=true

http://instagram.com/p/s3g_AcD3uR/?modal=true

A Few Images

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
A few more:

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Lastly... a few more

16.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Looks very well done and clean.

How do you like it while driving. any Input what Happens during longer periods of strong acceleration ?

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very very nicely done.
Best,
Mark

beckertb

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Looks nice. Congrats on a job well done

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Very impressive craftsmanship and engineering. Nicely done!

Black GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 2, 2006
Looks awesome! And great numbers. I wonder what power it would make with the stock airbox.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Very, Very Nice! Both well thought out & designed! Fab/welding exceptional! #s are impressive, too!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I love that exhaust!

Did I miss how much boost?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I like that exhaust system and the tone. I don't like raspy exhausts, and this seems to be deep without sounding like a screaming ex-wife. The engine compartment temp reduction is a nice bonus. How is the sound inside the car when cruising? Any noticeable increase over stock?

It looks like you eliminated the cats too, but I wasn't quite sure from the pictures. N'est ce pas?

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Looks very well done and clean.

How do you like it while driving. any Input what Happens during longer periods of strong acceleration ?

After completing the Dyno we also did a hard street test checking the fuel and air numbers which turned out to be inline. As far as long term speeds we haven't had the opportunity due to tge recent completion of the project. I do know 3rd gear at 60mph will fishtail. So I'm taking my time with the 746lbs of torque!

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Yes it is a Cat Delete.
Depends what RPM you're cruising in reference to the cabin sound.
5th gear is nice and quite!

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Looks awesome! And great numbers. I wonder what power it would make with the stock airbox.

I believe with the stock air box possibly around 30-50 HP LESS

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Thank you Mark!

Extreem Exotics

GT Owner
Dec 13, 2013
Dallas Texas
Thank you!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Looks great! Do they sell an intake kit for the GT that I can buy? I have been trying to get one from M2K but they're just stroking and jerking.

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks Guys!

Also a BIG thanks to Chris for trusting our guidance, decisions, and work quality for his GT! A BIG thanks to Dustin at Whipple on the blower project as well for busting his tail to get us the 4.5L. Both Chris and Dustin were a pleasure to work with and wouldn't have happened without either one of them.

This project was a lot of fun and allowed us to develop and show off a few new products as well as some impressive stock engine, SC dyno numbers. FM was/is glad to be a part of it.

Cheers!

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX

Thanks

Yes, as Chris stated, we feel the air box is worth about 50 whp... this number obviously goes up as the horsepower demands go up from where we are. I installed a temporary vacuum gauge at the inlet of the throttle body to see if any vacuum existed during the run (indicating an air supply restriction to the TB)... not even 1 in hg. Basically no measured air restriction. I don't have stock airbox restriction numbers but we all know on higher hp cars they'll collapse the snorkel without a support and some have sucked filter material up out of the airbox.

Not having headers is also probably another 50-75whp we felt Chris's car is giving up. Our previous test were 50-60 whp with our 1 7/8" headers at 750whp. The gains should go up as the exhaust demand increases with more power.

Cheers

MoTeC Magic

Spectator
Aug 21, 2009
Dallas, TX
I love that exhaust!

Thanks, we do too!

I originally made these for FUBAR because I didn't like the sound of anything else I heard on the market. We wanted a volume increase in the exhaust from his Borla / Ford Racing system, a reduction in weight, lowered CG, less surface area (for reduced heat), and better materials with a deeper, throatier note. Annoying drones or resonances at various RPMs were unacceptable... we've built a handful of them now and have been very pleased with how they sound. They are loud without being obnoxious during normal driving, quiet enough to talk to passengers or make calls with windows up, louder when you get on it... and most of all, not raspy and with a deep exhaust note from the chambers that I haven't heard on any other GT exhaust.

Did I miss how much boost?

On pump gas... The system making 19-20psi around 5000-6000 RPM and 21-22 max boost from 6000-7000 RPM, for power it made:
782 whp (approx. 930hp crank) keep in mind this no headers so these would go up another 50+ whp with them
657 whp (approx. 783tq crank)

On pump gas and race gas... Making 21-22psi around 5000-6000 RPM and 22-24psi max boost above 5000-6000 RPM for power it made the:
Pump 828 whp (approx. 985hp crank) and 654 wtq (approx. 779tq crank) keep in mind this no headers so these would go up another 50+ whp with them
Race Gas 915 whp (approx. 1089hp crank) and (approx. 888tq crank) no headers

The pump gas numbers were all done with very conservative timing numbers. The race gas tune had typically, mildly conservative, race gas timing vales in it.

Cheers