Pro Tip! "New Posts" Button Tutorial

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/29805-Let-s-bring-the-GT-Guys-to-Florida-(2nd-attempt)

It has been brought to my attention that some of the intended audience for my "Let's Bring the GT Guys to Florida" thread may not be aware of the thread, because I posted it in the "Ford GT Owners Section" > "US Regional GT Forums" > "Southern US GT Forum."

Apparently, this may be a seldom visited area deep in the bowels of the forum.

If you want to see any new posts since your last forum visit, you can simply click the aptly named "New Posts" button in the upper left. Boom! All the unread threads and older threads with unread posts are displayed.

No more tedious clicking one forum section after another!

If you visit the forum from more than one browser, you may see "New Posts" that aren't new to you. This has to do with oddly named things like "cache" and "cookies," but that's a topic for another day.

"New Posts" is my default for each visit to the forum. Give it a try! :lol

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
"New Posts" is the only way to navigate forums with lots of subforums. It's on every forum I look at regularly in some variant or another. It's a time saver.

The only problem with this forum is that the "read" attribute doesn't move from one reader agent to another - i.e., if I read on my laptop now, and then move to my cell phone or tablet, the ones I've read don't show up on the other readers as having been read (and especially vice versa, reading a topic or two from the mobile and then coming back home on my laptop). No other forum I follow actually has this issue.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The "What's New" tab does the same thing. Jeez, I'm a relative newbie and I figured that out the first day… :wink

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Hey, Xcentric, what planet have you been on? I think you're the only guy I see use Tapatalk other than the Canadians.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Hey, Xcentric, what planet have you been on? I think you're the only guy I see use Tapatalk other than the Canadians.

Dr. Frank, what app do you use on your mobile phone?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't access the Forum from my phone. You sure you're not Canadian?

I was commenting that you just found the New Posts.

Last edited:

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Chrome browser. Never saw the need apps like taptalk. They don't save time and make navigation more difficult and different from the desktop. Back when android phones had limited resolution and memory, perhaps there was a need for a streamlined browser but not really any more. At least I don't see one. And I really wish the forum would quit asking me to install the app.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

I was commenting that you just found the New Posts.

I didn't just find New Posts. I used it from day 1. My next Pro Tip will be on reading comprehension.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I've been out to eat with him many times but haven't paid attention to see if he tips like one. I'll pay attention next time and report back.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
My paternal grandfather was canuck. He immigrated from Quebec.

My direct ancestor Pierre Jean founded the town of Saint Jean Port Joli, just downriver from QC.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited: