Galpin

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Galpin Ford
San Fernando Valley, CA
1 block from 405 exit

If you need Ford Dealer only service (warranty, OEM parts/swap, instrumentation recall, keys cut/programming, etc)

Service Consultant: Ivan Cruz, 818-778-2149 (direct), 14yrs at Galpin.

-Four Ford GT Techs
-Will wave you to head of Quick Lane, keeping other cars at distance, paperwork ready
-GT Tech comes out and takes car to separate bay at end
-Service Consultant calls and walks you to payment counter
-Tech calls and meets you in waiting area at end.

Priority is to keep GT separate; and only allow GT Techs to move.

Its a big facility, but they try and keep it efficient.

Galpin Motorsports / Galpin Collection / Shelby showroom across street and vintage diner for breakfast.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
If I were in SoCal maybe I would go there. I'm bummed out that my dealer & friend Dave Hellinge just sold his dealership Harrold Ford in Sacramento.

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
If I were in SoCal maybe I would go there. I'm bummed out that my dealer & friend Dave Hellinge just sold his dealership Harrold Ford in Sacramento.

Ed
Bummer.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Aside from their re-built Ford GT, they do have a good reputation in the service of GTs and the GT500s. I just wish they would stop changing the shape of the Ford GT. It seems like they throw dough against a wall and hope it will stick.

If the designer show that Camilo was in gets a renewal nod maybe they can get the guy that did that do be a contestant, but only if Camilo comes back as defending champion.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Heard there are 8 GTs in their inventory for GTR conversion

Owner has very low # production GT, <10

tonyt

GT Owner
Oct 23, 2014
Malibu, California
Do you trust them?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Aside from their goofiness on the gt they have been around for w long time in the high performance Ford arena. They did some wide body mustangs that were ok. I'd go there if I was closer

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Heard there are 8 GTs in their inventory for GTR conversion

Owner has very low # production GT, <10

and so far have built one and sold zero

It was obvious from the placement of their paperwork they were obfuscation the Vin tag

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
My sense is you don't become the largest volume ford dealer
on planet earth unless you are doing something right

Service management was clearly professional.

The service writer told me you found the right guy and he delivered.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
of course it never hurts either to have a Ford in the family-JMO

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
I can echo what Kayvan says regarding Galpin, for Ford GTs and otherwise.

I had them replace my GT windshield after it cracked at Rally 6. Same personal and professional service.

I have had them do my smog certification as well.

In addition I have purchased 3 cars from them as a "regular" customer, all superb and honest dealings.

We are extremely lucky here in SoCal to have a dealer like Galpin, and more importantly, Kendall and Ryan at CoolTech here for all things Ford GT. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I've been to Galpin before for an oil change and they handled it quickly and smoothly and also gave me a tour of the Galpin collection.

I'll probably head out there for my post Rally oil change.

Plenty of nice options for service in So Cal. GT Guys, Kendall and Ryan, Stillen, Galpin.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Stillen :thumbsdow

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Randy,
Happy to help you with your oil change if you want to do it. My shop is near Galpin and I've got a lift for an easy job.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California

Ed

Wow, I didn't hear that!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Randy,
Happy to help you with your oil change if you want to do it. My shop is near Galpin and I've got a lift for an easy job.

That would be great! I'm definitely interested and appreciate the offer. Where do you usually buy your oil/filter from? Maybe I could ship to you. Would be fun to show my older son the underside of the GT.

Mike87

Sep 23, 2014
RHE, CA
I'm fairly new with my Ford GT, just picked it up a couple of months ago with less than 500 miles on it. I'd like to lower it, maybe an oil change (who knows when it's been done last with such low miles). Also need to replace an aluminum piece near the floor mats (the car still had the Ford plastic over the aluminum pieces next to the floor board - my detail guy mistakenly used rubbing alcohol to remove the glue - didn't realize the aluminum was paint). I've had trouble getting a quote from Galpin for the aluminum part (received the part price from a nice guy named Ivan, but he can't seem to return my calls or emails for the labor cost). I've also left two messages and sent two emails to Cooltech regarding lowering my FGT... no response.

Any other recommendations?

PS., my local Ford dealer in Torrance admitted they don't know much about these cars...

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
PM nota4re, that's Kendall at Cooltech

Best bet with Galpin is make appointment for 7am Sat, and Ivan the service writer works then. You will get an accurate estimate write then, and can wait / breakfast till done on fluids. Ps, would change all fluids/filters if unknown and check tire age and half-shaft recall on their Oasis system.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Randy,
I have been buying my oil from the local Santa Monica Ford. The oil filter I purchase off Amazon, as I do with the air filters.
Happy to set it up. Perhaps during Christmas break?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yes, that will be perfect. I'll touch base in a week or so, to see if we can figure out a day. Thanks! 10 quarts is it?