Garage Build - Size questions 4cg vs 3cg DD + suggestions please!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I built my garage a couple years ago and got some real helpful info from Garagejournal.com.

Two suggestions though: Don't skimp on the lighting and use brass for the stripper pole.

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Believe it is a good idea to conceal garage doors if possible when entering your property. That is how we designed our entry:

5k4jl3.jpg

Have a interior garage door to separate the wood shop from the cars. If need be, can roll a car into the wood shop for short term storage:

15d83o.jpg

As for power, there is a separate 200 Amp service. Heat is in floor hydronic (love it). Lights are T-8 4 bulb, 4' long and are recessed in the area over the lifts. Have lots of outlets and air plumbing installed.

2uh4cu8.jpg

My "do overs" would be to add in-floor lighting under the lifts. Add the appropriate ceiling outlets for the lift pumps and the charge stations (can still do this). Did plan for air there.

28ivs69.jpg

And, as others have said, always consider going bigger if possible. Where the "chrome era" cars live:

27z9f1h.jpg

The "modern era" cars are here:

24y7k8m.jpg

Also, the space is designed for entertaining as well:

30az2gh.jpg

An overview of the property:

33mwevd.jpg

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
That overview shot is just s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g, sir!!! Dear LORD, that's a nice place/location!!! :bow :bow :bow

Edit: I assume you're located on the 'Sound somewhere?

Last edited:

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
That overview shot is just s-t-u-n-n-i-n-g, sir!!! Dear LORD, that's a nice place/location!!! :bow :bow :bow

Edit: I assume you're located on the 'Sound somewhere?

Thanks, EP.

Located along the Strait of Juan deFuca.

A shot of what we started with:

1zqy7ok.jpg

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Garages are like Penises.You can never have one to big!
Specracer needs to post a picture of his Garage.Its the best I have seen. Post it Andy!

Last edited:

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
In my next garage - the one thing I would have as priority number one would be to design the layout so I would never to have to move one car in order to get to another.

@Tomcat - love the Glastron .... I recently bought one and will be recieving it late next week ... can´t wait.

:cheers
Anders

Tomcat

GT Owner
In my next garage - the one thing I would have as priority number one would be to design the layout so I would never to have to move one car in order to get to another.

@Tomcat - love the Glastron .... I recently bought one and will be recieving it late next week ... can´t wait.

:cheers
Anders
Agreed...random access to any car (and no poles...or at least a minimum of inside supports).
I had the G-C CVX-16 for ~25 years. At least three motors (maybe 4)...as I lived on the water in Pensacola and used it a bunch!