Saleen S7

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I've been searching for one at a fair price forever, which I think may have slipped by. Its a top 3 car for me in looks department (GT, Carrera GT, S7). Its a cool car, but not worth $450k+ considering all its issues. The one at crave luxury in Woodlands TX is the most expensive lemon law car ever, if you are looking at that one btw. I spoke with the head mechanic that worked on it a TON, he loved the car but they had so many issues with the high HP cars. To the cars defense previous owner raced it a lot. They changed that one to motec ecu along with some other stuff after the 2nd or 3rd engine rebuild. That car is partially credited with bankrupting Saleen. They never did pay the lemon law suit, filed BK. If you are looking at the NA silver one, seems cool but overpriced, but almost zero inventory so what can you do. Best of luck.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
There was one in the showroom at the Saleen Store we looked at during Rally II. I have seen one at Alice's a few times & another one I've seen driven around Monterey-Carmel. Not the look for me but impressive close up. Black is probably a better color for it.

Ed

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Interestingly enough, I talked with Steve Saleen at the auto show press event night. The successor to the S7 is supposedly priced much more reasonably with better performance.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I guess this probably chimes the end for a S7 follow on unless they can find a rich uncle.

http://jalopnik.com/mustang-tuner-saleen-says-it-owes-millions-of-dollars-1661373045

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I guess this probably chimes the end for a S7 follow on unless they can find a rich uncle.

http://jalopnik.com/mustang-tuner-saleen-says-it-owes-millions-of-dollars-1661373045

With as good as the factory cars are, these post-title mod shops have little to offer performance wise that can't be had at any competent local speed shop. Shelby survives because of the legacy, but even they offer really nothing more than standard bolt ons

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
With as good as the factory cars are, these post-title mod shops have little to offer performance wise that can't be had at any competent local speed shop. Shelby survives because of the legacy, but even they offer really nothing more than standard bolt ons

You are so right! The aftermarket thrived on the 2007 GT500. Like our Ford GTs the engine was way more capable than from the factory, and the aftermarket superchargers from Whipple etc were almost on everyone's plate. Then over time the car evolved from the factory to over 625HP. There isn't much more that the aftermarket could offer.