ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

This morning I got up early and took my vintage Mustang down off of my lift for the last time to take it for a final drive with the windows down in the cool morning air. It ran like a top, accelerated smartly, and sounded great. As it always does, it brought a smile to the faces of several people when I was stopped at a light. Back home about an hour later I watched with mixed emotion as one of our members drove away in my beautiful black & White 1965 289 Mustang. Local Ford GT Owner and Forum Member "FGT899" bought it for his lovely wife Kate and she looks great in it. It brought back memories of the day I bought it for a longtime sweetheart 5 years ago from another Forum Member in California. Nathan and Kate were both super nice and I'm really happy they are the little tuxedo Mustang's new caretakers. Have fun with it and Renea and I look forward to joining you both for dinner soon. All the best.

Chip

Attachments

• MS1.jpg
    MS1.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 367
  • MS2.jpg
    MS2.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 369
  • MS3.jpg
    MS3.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 370
Last edited:

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
Was wondering if you'd sold it Chip, I was thinking about it since you posted photos on the other thread. Really a great looking car and glad it's going to a great home.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great story, nice ending for all.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Very good for all!

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
It's hard to let one go, but it looks like it will have fun with it's new owners. I guess if you weren't driving it much, it's liberating to let something go, particularly if the new owners are cool.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
It's hard to let one go, but it looks like it will have fun with it's new owners. I guess if you weren't driving it much, it's liberating to let something go, particularly if the new owners are cool.

So true. I was very nostalgic when Chip drove it away a few years ago after I had done the restoration. Keep the little Tuxedo Mustang in the GT family!

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Spent the day at SEMA. Saw lots of old Mustangs and new Mustangs and old Challengers and new Challengers. The old ones win, hands down, for looks. Not so much for daily driver driveability.

My wife says she liked your car, and let me tell you, that is the ultimate compliment!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What a beauty!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL