IMG_0449.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 229

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
No it's just my airbox !!! This is the kinda stuff you do when you have to much free time !!!

Attachments

• IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 225

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Bling! That should have took some time to massage the foil over the airbox, or is it a type of paint?

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It is the stiff heat reflective Foil / Film.. I ended up making a lot of templates.. The bottom alone has 23 pieces.. :frown I am embarrassed to say how long it took... I quit counting the hours after 22...That's what happens when you an anal perfectionist.. :bored

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Just out of curiosity, did you happen to take a 'before' temp reading inside the 'box when the engine was at operating temps so you could find out 'zackly by how much your Goldfinger project dropped that reading afterward?

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
While you're at it why not change your name to Goldfinger, with a little luck you might meet Pussy Galore :lol :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2nCyF0Lec

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Stormcat - have you considered applying the heat reflective foil/film to underside of the clamshell, a la McLaren F1?

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Did you grow up in Wisconson or are you a Packers fan? Looks like a cheese wheel behind you air box.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Sweet Stormcat!

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Stormcat - have you considered applying the heat reflective foil/film to underside of the clamshell, a la McLaren F1?

Not sure you would gain much buy doing the CF clamshell liner but don't put any new Ideas in my head !! :biggrin:biggrin I think they were trying to protect something on the other side of the film on the F1. My Accfab X-Pipe exhaust is wrapped so I don't have a hot spot there..

Did you grow up in Wisconson or are you a Packers fan? Looks like a cheese wheel behind you air box.

Well ,, you're close Jack.. I'm originally from Iowa but the orange disk was part of the satellite outer space ensemble.. :biggrin:biggrin

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Sweet Stormcat!

Vince H

Thanks buddy .. It was great to meet you and Susan !! Tell Susan Brianetta says hello and thanks again !!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
While you're at it why not change your name to Goldfinger, with a little luck you might meet Pussy Galore :lol :lol :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ym2nCyF0Lec

I'm all about Pussy Galore !! sign me up !! :biggrin:biggrin

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Very cool man, regardless of actual heat reflection.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Brian, saw it at spring mountain, a job well done! As always when it comes to your efforts!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Thanks buddy .. It was great to meet you and Susan !! Tell Susan Brianetta says hello and thanks again !!

Ha! Of course. Say no more, say no more.

Vince H