Ok, I missed it--again-- so tell me...

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
..what were the 2 most fun events at the rally. (leaving out anything personal that may have happened at the hotel)

I have to live vicariously through you lucky peckerheads. :wink:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Track day was great

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Met my goal, wanted to see some cords on what was a new set front Hoosiers. So for me, the track day for sure. Including the drive out and back, to the track, used over 4 tanks of Fuel.

Last edited:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Too many social highlights to mention. What an incredible bunch of people!

Action highlight was riding with Andy while he wore out his Hoosiers. I swear he was 1/4" from every apex cone, and yet he was talking to himself about what he did wrong.

Lateral G's and power oversteer are FUN!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Too many social highlights to mention. What an incredible bunch of people!

Action highlight was riding with Andy while he wore out his Hoosiers. I swear he was 1/4" from every apex cone, and yet he was talking to himself about what he did wrong.

Lateral G's and power oversteer are FUN!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

agree +100000000000000 riding with Andy gives you the true reality of what these cars were built to do. WOW that dude can drive!!!! I can say that the roads and the 1000+ miles of driving were awesome!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Exactly what X said with the exception of riding with Andy. For that I was an idiot and did not take advantage of it. I did however ride with Ron and Tim and could not get the grin off of my face. Happy boy for sure.

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Man you guys are funny. Yes, relaxation behind the wheel is key. When giving Dennis a ride, his hat and glasses flew across the car and into my lap. When there was a straight away, simply reached down, and handed it back to him.

Next time Vince!

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Meeting new friends and the track! :)

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
GTDrummer,

Seeing old friends and making some new ones. Trying to learn by watching and following some of the excellent drivers on the track. Fine cocktails, lots of laughs, and great conversation. Burning my old eyeballs out and partnering with Renea on the Road Rally. And......everything else.

Chip

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I drove my car 8 days in a row! That was fun! The people make the event.

Life is too short GTdrummer. Come to Michigan for Rally X.

Ed

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Sounds wonderful. Seems like Dave knocked it out of the park again . I do hope to make the next one, though my credibility is low. The pics looked great.

Just another thing that makes this the best forum on the planet.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Exactly what X said with the exception of riding with Andy. For that I was an idiot and did not take advantage of it. I did however ride with Ron and Tim and could not get the grin off of my face. Happy boy for sure.

Vince H

I have rode with Ron at every rally track day I have been to except this one....he looked so stressed I opted to give him a break. LOL

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ron was a bit stressed when the loudspeakers announced "Advanced report to the staging area" when it was the Intermediate's turn. This happened a few times.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yup you guys are correct ! I was a bit stressed.Saftey and fun come with a price!I am glad to say I achieved my goal.Everyone took there cars home in the same condition they showed up in! I saw lots of happy owners!
Highlights for me.
Seeing all my friends It’s such a special group!
Driving Stormcats car at the track twice Once with Brian in it and giving Rick a ride in it!
Pirates cove. This place was awesome!
Traveling back across country with Mark and Lynn.
Did I mention the people?
John I owe you a ride for sure ! I would have gladly given you one!

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Ed
+1000

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Track day was great

Meeting new friends and the track! :)

Ed

GTDrummer,

Seeing old friends and making some new ones. Trying to learn by watching and following some of the excellent drivers on the track. Fine cocktails, lots of laughs, and great conversation. Burning my old eyeballs out and partnering with Renea on the Road Rally. And......everything else.

Chip
everything he said !!! :biggrin